Working Moms
Options

How much notice to give?

So I've been working in a contract position for just under 2 months, and I may go back to my old employer.  (Long story short, I was told that I would be converted from contract to an employee in Jan/Feb 2014, and there is no indication I'll be hired anytime soon.  I was okay working as a contractor for a few months, but not an undefined period of time.  I also gave up a compressed schedule (9-9's) and I miss it terribly.)  Wondering what others' thoughts are on how much notice to give?  The traditional two weeks?  Do you think slightly less would be okay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much notice to give?

• Options
    I would try to do as close to 2 weeks as possible. When I recently changed jobs I got an offer on Monday and had to sign the forms, so I waited til the next day Tuesday to give notice and my last day was the Friday of the following week (so one day short of 2 weeks).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, @jf198400, for the response.  I'm having a conversation with my old manager late this afternoon, so I was thinking if she can send me something in writing tomorrow, I was going to shoot for my last day being next week Thursday.  (I was already planning to take 1/2 day next week Friday to do something special with DD, since her birthday is the day after that.)  I thought that would be pretty fair, given that I've only been here a couple months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"