July 2014 Moms
Options

Not felt my baby move at 16 weeks

Carly198330Carly198330 member
edited January 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Hi everyone!! I'm 16 weeks today and I haven't felt my baby move this is my third child I thought I would of felt something by now! Now I'm worried about my 16 week app tomorrow :( has anyone else not felt there baby move yet? Xx

Re: Not felt my baby move at 16 weeks

• Options
    I don't think I have.  I'm 16 weeks today too.  This is my 2nd child.  But I'm also told that I have an anterior placenta.  Which will make it be awhile before I feel anything.  Has your doctor told you where your placenta is?  I didn't feel anything until I was 17 weeks last time and I had a posterior placenta then.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    No they haven't said anything about that at all. Did you get told that at your dating scan? It's my first app tomorrow x
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my 2nd, and I haven't felt anything at this point.  I won't worry about it unless I hit 20 weeks and don't feel movement.  When did you feel your first two move?
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    I'm not sure!! They are 12 and 9 now!! Pregnancy brain won't let me think that far back lol!!! X
  • Options
    No they haven't said anything about that at all. Did you get told that at your dating scan? It's my first app tomorrow x
    I think I was about 13 weeks when they told me.  I would just ask.  But it's nothing to worry about.  Just where the placenta is positioned.  Also, I believe 16 weeks is on the early side of averages to feel movement.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    17 weeks here - no movement

FWIW - with my first child I didn't feel any movement until 21.5 weeks

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Yea I haven't felt anything either yet. I'm also 17 weeks.
  • Options
    Cristy1020Cristy1020 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm 17 weeks today an my doc apt is 2marow an I haven't really felt anything either. It's good to know I'm not the only one. :( an this will be my third preg so I'm no rookie at this.
  • Options
    I can pretty much promise you that the majority of the members of this group haven't felt movement yet. Some have, but most haven't. Don't freak out. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I'm 15w tomorrow with second (11 years ago) and haven't felt it yet. Like what @ghostof5letters said, I think more people haven't than have. Or our group has a shit ton of special snowflakes.
  • Options
    I am 17 weeks today and haven't felt anything and I was starting to get worried because there was this whole thread the other day about how frequently people were feeling movement. I had a doctors appointment this morning and he said not to worry that it was still very early. He said 21 weeks was when most people could feel the baby with certainty.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm 16 weeks, or 17...I can't remember...ha I'll see when I post this. This is my second.  I haven't felt movement. I agree, there are a lot of GAS BABIES on here. The other night I decided to pretend my gas was a baby, it made the whole experience much more fun;) 13 weeks is very very early even for a mom with children.

You're getting to the time where you may feel a twitch or something, but it won't likely be consistent like kicking. Your baby is the size of an advocado and has just started growing bones...so it doesn't have very much to kick with. I wouldn't worry at all, and you have an appt tomorrow! So close:)

ETA: yes I'm 16 weeks, darn;)
    imageimage"">

• Options
    Sometimes I feel little flutters but nothing consistent. I'm about to be 17 weeks. I found in my old journal for DD I said I was feeling the baby kick everyday, at that time I was 18 weeks so we'll see.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kmawbkmawb member
    edited January 2014

16w2d with my second and I *might* have felt a few flutters/flips last week when I first went to bed but I'm not positive, could have just been gas bubbles shifting around etc. 

I had an anterior placenta last time so I didn't feel any movement until well past the 20w mark, but as I do not have an anterior placenta this time (according to my NT scan) I am hoping to feel something definite soon.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    17 weeks with my 2nd and no movement here either. I *think* I was 18-20 wks with DD. I haven't had an u/s since 9wks so they have no way to know my placenta location until my a/s at 20 wks.

• Options
    I will be 18 weeks on Wednesday with my first and still no movement here. Everytime I think "oh is that the baby?!" Nope, just gas! Hoping to feel something soon though, I'm getting anxious!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and I don't think I've really felt anything or at least anything I can be sure is actually the baby. This is my second time too. I don't think I felt DD until at least 21 or 22 weeks last time. 
    image image

• Options
    Everybody is different -- and even those of us who have felt something still panic.  I had my 16-week appointment today, and even though I have felt movement, I talked myself out of it thinking, "Maybe I imagined it, and they are not going to find the heartbeat today."  But everything was good, and I felt reassured, and she didn't call me a special snowflake when she asked if I felt movement yet and I told her sporadically when I am resting on the bed our couch.

Many moms will be busy and not even notice the feeling -- it's not always so much that you CAN'T feel it, it's whether you recognize what it feels like and are paying attention enough to detect it. You have got real patience though to have gone 16 weeks without an appointment yet.  I am wishing you the best for a great first appointment with lots of positive reassurance.  HUGS!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daniella Josephine born July 7, 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    LuluPMWLuluPMW member
    edited January 2014
    I'm 15.5 weeks with twins and have not felt anything even though they are always dancing around during US.

Will you get an US tomorrow? That'll help ease your worries.

Edit mobile words
  • Options
    I felt conception
    --------------
    imageimage

M/C: 1/24/2010

Cecelia:11/22/10

CAUTIOUSLY expecting Jace in July August 2014

Old Bumpie, New name 
  • Options
    18 weeks here and no movement either!  (Although this is my first)

I went to an elective ultrasound at 17 weeks and mentioned to the tech that I thought I might have felt the baby move a few times, and she basically said there was no way I would have felt the baby yet and it must have just been gas ;-)

• Options

I went to an elective ultrasound at 17 weeks and mentioned to the tech that I thought I might have felt the baby move a few times, and she basically said there was no way I would have felt the baby yet and it must have just been gas ;-)
    I'm no doctor but with DD once I felt her move at 17 weeks exactly, I felt it consistently.  So I don't know why they would say that. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm no doctor but with DD once I felt her move at 17 weeks exactly, I felt it consistently.  So I don't know why they would say that. 
    I think in my case it was due to the current location/size of my uterus/placenta compared to my otherwise giant body (and the fact that I wasn't showing at all yet) ;-)  

Someone smaller is more likely to feel the baby sooner, and I think she was just saying it was not likely that I had actually felt the baby yet.  I do believe that some people feel their babies move weeks earlier than that.  But there are also a lot of people who are POSITIVE they felt their baby move and what they felt was actually something else. 

• Options
    I haven't felt anything either and I started to worry but I think it's just because I've been so busy with other things that I haven't really noticed. Also I don't have as much down time like I had with my other kids.
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"