Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Moody Mommy-Need help with marriage!

I need some help... My husband and I have our first baby- he is 4 months old and a gem. My husband is very helpful with him and does a lot of things help with feeding and changing...
Well anyway, I notice I am very naggy and moody all the time!! It is so hard not to be, I need some advice on how to control it before my husband get mad.. Now he just walks away from me, I know I need to calm down and relax, for example...
Just started baby on rice cereal the other day, I waited for the H to get home from work so we can both watch him eat the cereal first time and I can get some pictures.. so He said he wants to feed him first I said I want to... We were going back and forth I said OK you feed him first ill take pics.. Well he kept holding the bowl of food up by the kids face so it wouldnt drip from bowl to spoon.. I said keep the bowl down so it doesnt spill and I can get a good picture.. well The baby hit the bowl and the cereal ending up going all over him..lol.. I should have been laughing at it.. it was funny... But instead I got mad and took everything over!! and The Husband ending up going downstairs bc I was so mad... the same thing happens with the baths,,, if he wont listen to me and do it my way, I end up gettting mad and bitching at him... Afterwards I see how stupid I am but I cant control it... Anyone please help me!!! My H is so nice and doesn't say anything bad to me he just walks away..I always end of apologizing for it later, but I want to try to prevent it...
  I want to try to nip it in the bud before I get to carried away and he ends up hating me..

Re: Moody Mommy-Need help with marriage!

• Options
    Well, you know the behaviors you want to correct, just think about how you're going to respond before you open your mouth. Fake if 'til you make it. 

If you don't think you can fake your reaction until you convince yourself to calm down maybe look into a therapist? 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ie is not nearly as helpful as yours but I find if I just keep my mouth shut and let him do things his way everyone is happy- the baby doesn't know the difference if he is giving him a bath I would take advantage of the free time your having instead of how the bath is given... I used to be this way until I decided it's not worth it- he will learn and your parenting styles will mesh just give it time... I say enjoy it and let him learn how to be a dad just like your learning how to be a mom :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You also may want to look at changing your sn from your name to something else if you're going to talk about personal things.

The thing that helps me is to count to 10 before I respond. Sounds petty, but it helps me to not just give my immediate reaction.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    It's good that you understand what's happening. I have to remind myself to let go, and there are more than one way to do things, so my way isn't the only way. Your H has to learn his own routine with your LO. And maybe you need to make a little time for yourself, so you can refresh and recharge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No need to be mad! That moment was a Kodiak moment for both of you. You could have taken a picture of him in a mess. That is what you will remember. So when you look back at the picture you can sit back and saw " now here is your 1st feeding and look what happened...she spilled food all over daddy!"

Remember that raising kids isn't a picture perfect thing. Cherish these messy moments because you can't get them back! I know your FB family and friends would have LOVE to see pics of mess daddy.
  • Options
    Pick and choose your battles. It can be tough especially when exhausted. Take a deep breathe and walk away. You may want to have a chat with him to apologize and get his perspective.
  • Options
    I agree with PP about leaving the room and not hovering. I find myself critiquing my husbands way a lot...of course my way makes way more sense ;) but I am trying to just walk away and let him do things his way
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    I don't think there's much you can do besides calm down, count to ten before reacting, and remember that your way isn't always right, it's your way. I have had to remind myself of this several times when seeing DH's way of doing things, but no matter who does it in our house, LO is taken care of. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"