December 2012 Moms
Options

Any other Dec. babies not walking??

Ok- I hate to sound paranoid, but my LO is still not walking on her own yet- She turned 13 months on the 10th. She cruises like a champ, stands indepedently, crawls up and down stairs, furniture and walks great holding hands or behind a toy. BUT- she has yet to take a step. I know that the walking range is huge, but I can't help but worry. Her sisters were both walking by one.

Re: Any other Dec. babies not walking??

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    No walking here either. He's making progress standing alone, but the kid has a gi-normous head, so I blame gravity!
    He's also a super fast crawler now, and I seriously think he's just content to do that. Even when I try to entice him to take a step or two towards me, he drop to the ground to get to me. 
    Ah well, he'll start walking before he goes off to college, right?

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids isn't walking yet. He doesn't stand independently, he doesn't walk if you hold his hands, and just started cruising. His pedi had me consult with a local PT group and he doesn't qualify for it yet. He's not 25% below his peers and honestly, until he's 15 months walking shouldn't be a concern. 12 months is just an average. Most kids start walking any time between 10-15 months usually. It sounds like your kids like mine. They lack the confidence. My kid won't do anything until he knows he can. Just be patient and work with her. They'll walk soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No walking here yet, and my LO is 13 months. He is a big guy (I think 96 percentile in height and 85 in weight or something like that), and I think he just needs a little longer to get his whole self under control. He's crawling like a champ and often pulls up to a standing position, and he occasionally cruises for a step or two. He won't even really walk holding on to your hands. He'll just sit down and then crawl if he wants to move elsewhere. Personally, I'm not too concerned with this at this point. (I'm more concerned about the lack of words / comprehension that he seems to have. I guess we all have our pet anxieties!) 
  • Options

Thank you for the replies and advice everyone! I know that I shouldn't worry, but I just can't help it sometimes! It's nice to know that we are all in the same boat :)

• Options
    I know it's hard but try not to worry. It's totally normal for them to not be walking at this age. My oldest didn't start walking until she was 13.5 months. I am sure once he starts she will just be off and running!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    My DD is like yours!  She totally could do it if she tried - she has taken 4-5 mini steps over to me, but mostly she will sit down and crawl over.  She is a pro at walking holding on to hands or pushing a doll stroller, and can totally stand independently.  She is just like my DS - he didn't walk until 15.5 months (and was the same - totally could have done it, was just cautious!).  My DD#1 walked at 13 months, but she didn't even crawl until she was 11.5 months!  They do things in their own time.  She will get there!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"