Natural Birth
Options

Labor and Delivery Affirmations from Magical Child

Hello,

My husband is currently reading "Magical Child" by Joseph Chilton Pierce and had me read the chapter called "Establishing the Matrix". It is about the labor and delivery experience. I pulled several key sentences from it that I think are amazing affirmations to repeat during the birthing process. Here are some of the ones I plan to repeat to myself. I thought I'd share because I found these to be very inspiring.

Knowing anxiety to be the great crippler of intelligence, she works purposefully for a calm repose.

She does not indulge in doubt. She chooses what she will entertain in her mind, and she chooses confidence, which means moving with faith.

She reduces all the fragmenting intentions of life to the single intent of her act of creation.

She prepares a proper delivery and birthing place: private, quiet, dimly lit, with no possibility of unwanted intrusion or noise.

She flows with the process, a balance of stresses and relaxations.

If there is pain, it is the white intensity of pain without the hurt of it, and that intensity is power.

She knows the intensity of this absolute exertion from the many acts in her life building her current muscular-mindedness, her ability to enter into the unknown and unpredictable.

This heady joy of personal power, this grand, illuminated understanding is hers through her complete response, her total yes unmarred by fear or doubt: the knowing that she is the flow, the life process, the nexus of power, the meeting point of creation, the matrix from whom all things flow.

Her relaxed alertness keeps her supple as needed, and the journey is quickly accomplished. After all, the distance is remarkably short.

Avoiding any sudden or strenuous movement, she takes the infant, leans slowly back, and gently places him belly down, to her breast, his body molding to the very contours of the belly he has just left.

Re: Labor and Delivery Affirmations from Magical Child

• Options
    Those are really beautiful. A word of warning, though. In the midst of labor, the odds of remembering a long affirmation are very low. When I was in labor, I just quietly whispered to myself (not having planned it, totally spontaneously), "It's all for Addy. I can do anything for Addy" over and over again. So just go with what feels right in the moment. Those may be great, though, for meditating before you go into labor, which I highly recommend doing. And they may end up being perfect for you during labor, esp if your husband says them to you during labor. That could be a beautiful bonding experience. I'm just a great believer that being open to whatever works in the moment helps us achieve natural childbirth. And I was surprised by what worked and what didn't. My little mantra worked best for me, and surprisingly, I didn't want anyone to touch me. (I thought I would want massage and lots of contact, and I had never considered myself a mantra kind of girl, so that was a shocker.)
  • Options
    I agree with pp that they do seem long.  Maybe you could also arm yourself with some shorter ones as well?
    Although as pp said you will come up with your own approach that works, with DD all I remember was chanting in my head, "Loosen, Loosen, Loosen,"  In Hypnobirthing they teach you to think of contractions as something other than pain, so you might think of it as pressure or tightening.  Since I chose to feel it as tightening, thinking 'loosen' made sense in my mind.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. I had a hard time remembering my long affirmations during labor and stuck with the short ones.

Here were a few I used:
    -I let these waves wash through me as I go deeper into relaxation.
    -I welcome strong waves that are bringing my baby closer.
    -The stronger my contractions become, the sooner I meet my baby.
    -I breathe slowly and easily and it helps my body to let go.
    -My body is so open that my baby just slides right out and into my arms.
    -I am calm, I am safe, I am relaxed.

If the longer ones help though that is awesome. Affirmations were incredibly helpful through out my whole pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"