Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Ubbi or diaper genie

Thoughts on both? I know people really like the diaper genie, but I feel like once I pay for the pail & two 3-pack refills I am already at the price of an ubbi. I know the ubbi is supposed to contain smells better, but honestly, both are cans full of poppy diapers. Neither is going to smell good once you have to open it & change a bag. I'm more interested in the cost/benefit & usability. 

Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Ubbi or diaper genie

• Options
    You answered your own question. Don't spend a lot of $$$ on a trash can for diapers period.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    We use a stainless steel can with a lid it does a great job and is easy to repurpose down the road. I will say of the two I would get the ubbi because of the locking feature and having pets. I also think that the ubbi would be able to be used as a normal trash can, and would have a longer life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Ubbi and love it. It seriously doesn't smell at all. It can be used as a regular can and I think will be nice when he is older since it locks. I have been in nurseries with diaper genies and they still smell IMO. The Ubbi isn't really that much more than a nice stainless steel garbage can.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Small stainless steel trash can with one of the foot-operated flip-up lids.  It works as well as any of the specialty diaper containment systems (even better, I think, since the stainless steel doesn't absorb odors and then leach them into the air outside the can).  We bought a small Simple Human one and just use cheapo small garbage bags in it.
  • Options
    Sorry, $80 for a trash can is ridiculous. I don't care if it is for your kitchen or your kids nursery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"