New Jersey Babies
Options

RWJ Hamilton vs Capital Health vs Princeton

Does anyone know a good practice and hospital in Central NJ that will be supportive of natural birth?  I really don't want to be pushed to induce or have a C-section. 

I'm considering a midwife from RWJ OBGYN and giving birth at RWJ at Hamilton (right near my house), or going to another practice so I can give birth at either Capital Health Hopewell or University Medical Center of Princeton.  I've read good things about Lawrence OBGYN midwives.  I'm new to the area and too early in my pregnancy to ask around! 

Re: RWJ Hamilton vs Capital Health vs Princeton

• Options
    @lisa321 I also live right behind that hospital, but honestly would never go back. I had two terrible experiences there (emergency room related, not ob related), and the care was horrendous. I actually use Lawrenceville Obgyn, but I didn't use the midwives. My ob actually joined there group from having his own practice. Regardless, I really liked their practice, and capital health was an amazing hospital to give birth at. I also went into preterm labor 6 weeks early and ended up in the hospital overnight, and their nurses were amazing. They really take patient care seriously and when my husband had to leave me to attend his fathers funeral, they stayed with me to keep me company until my mom came since I was scared. They also didn't push any sort of meds on me and didn't offer anything as I had originally wanted to go natural. When I decided I needed meds, they went over the options I had available so I could make an informed decision before proceeding. I really liked that.

If you ever have any other questions, just let me know or inbox me! My husband and I don't know many people in the area either as we kinda just picked a place between both our jobs when we bought our house.
  • Options
    I go to RWJ OB/gyn at Hamilton and am very happy with them. I have also been to the hospital many times as have several of my family members with no complaints. I was actually in L&D there last week and everyone was wonderful. I see one of the doctors at the practice but one of the midwives on duty when I was in L&D came to examine me since the doc on call was in an emerg c section and she was great. I am absolutely planning on having an epidural so I'm not sure about the whole natural birth stuff but I can say that throughout my pregnancy everyone at the practice has been very informative and very respectful of my birth plan. You can sign up for a tour if the L&D dept. and the maternity ward. I would suggest doing that so you can get a feel for the facility and ask some questions.

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Capital Health, of the three hospitals, is the only Level III neonatal ICU in our area. I plan on delivering there, but I'm biased because I'm also a nurse there. I debated Princeton simply because I didn't want co-workers showing up in my room announced! In the end the chances of needing their NICU are very small but it makes me feel better that Capital has state of the art equipment and are more prepared to handle a trauma. I also use Lawrence OB and their doctors and midwives are great-office staff is a little abrasive at times but it's a busy practice. I had a bad experience in the ED at RWJ with my then 4 year old son and would never return there, however they do have some good doctors. I've never heard anything either way about their labor and delivery department.
  • Options
    I love the midwives at RWJ, however, there is no guarantee they will be on when you go into labor because they are still overseen by doctors. Only you can advocate for your own plans and destiny. If you don't want an induction, don't unless you get to 41 weeks and then the benefit is greater because the placenta starts to degrade. It's a personal choice.
    M/C @ 11 weeks: 2/2/00 Victoria Rose born 3/8/01 William Theodore born 1/5/09 Baby to be named later EDD: 9/23/14
  • Options
    I just gave birth with lawrence obgyn's midwives (Leanne, specifically) at capital health hopewell and I can't say enough good things about both of them. Just a wonderful, supportive birth experience all around.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lisa321 said:

Does anyone know a good practice and hospital in Central NJ that will be supportive of natural birth?  I really don't want to be pushed to induce or have a C-section. 

I'm considering a midwife from RWJ OBGYN and giving birth at RWJ at Hamilton (right near my house), or going to another practice so I can give birth at either Capital Health Hopewell or University Medical Center of Princeton.  I've read good things about Lawrence OBGYN midwives.  I'm new to the area and too early in my pregnancy to ask around! 

I'm sorry if I'm late to the game here - RWJ @ Ham delivered my nephew and SIL had no complications. She was "late" and was induced (her own decision) and said she liked the staff, etc.  I know the head of the maternity ward there as she is my mother's best friend.  I don't know if I would deliver at RWJ as I haven't heard much about their patient care.  I've dealt with horrible experiences through the ER and other sections of the hospital w/my mother, but don't know much about the OB. 

If/when I become pregnant, I do plan to try and deliver at Capital Health in Hopewell.  Not only is it around the corner (practically!) from where I live, they have the level III nicu.  I would rather deliver somewhere that has this capability then have to worry about being transported after delivery.  

Princeton is not even a contender - I went there to visit a friend who had a baby and she had complications.  They had to transport her and the baby to Capital Health.  Not to mention the nurses/staff there were horrendous. They treated her like crap (and she's a nurse!!).

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Options
    My nephew and niece were both born at Capital Health and my sister loved it there!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"