June 2013 Moms
Options

what does it mean to put baby to bed with a bottle

this might be a silly question but what does this mean exactly? I give my baby a 8 oz bottle before bed. I hold her and feed her in the glider, burp her, and the rock her to sleep or sleepy and then put her in the crib. Does it mean to not put the bottle in the crib? any help would be great. I dont want to be doing the wrong thing here. thank you

Re: what does it mean to put baby to bed with a bottle

• Options
    I think it means to put baby in the crib and hold a bottle in their mouth until they fall asleep. It's only a problem once they have teeth as the milk sits in there and without the extra saliva (production decreases when sleeping) there to dilute it, their teeth will rot.
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ilovemarfailovemarfa member
    edited January 2014
    Don't let your child go to sleep with a bottle. The milk can pool in their mouth and rot their teeth. Google bottle rot. We fed ds1 before bed but made sure he drank his milk completely before
    Falling asleep. We do the same with ds2.

I also want to add that kids can get rotted out teeth nursing at night too. My friend exclusively nursed her son for 2 years and he had such awful teeth and had to be sedated for dental work when he was just over 1.The dentist said it was from night nursing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

NO BOTTLE IN CRIB EVER. You holding or them holding. Period.

Love.
    Jan~

/gavel's

Don't do it just to piss me off, Jan! I thought you were my frenemy??
    I didn't realize we were frenemy'sssss?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"