September 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC and go...

2»

Re: FFFC and go...

• Options
    I'm scared shitless to have a 3rd baby.  I felt instantly attached to my first 3 pregnancies (1 m/c), but I don't feel that at all with this one.  I know I've only known about this pregnancy for 5 days, but I don't feel anything other than freaked out. 
    I kinda understand where you're coming from on this one. We were trying for this baby and I am really excited but some days I'm like oh shit what did we do, are we really ready for this!? I know once baby comes along everything will be just fine but we will probably have a bit of an adjustment period for a while.
    We were trying too,but I still kinda feel like we were nuts for even trying.  I keep telling myself that once the baby is here, things will work themselves out, but I feel bad for not feeling attached at all (even though I've only known for a short amount of time). 
    _______________________________________ It's taken me a little longer to get attached too. I was pregnant right before this and it ended in a CP, so therefor I think I have my guard up a little more. My DH and I just started talking about this pregnancy this week (we found out 2 weeks ago). Before that we both just kind of ignored it because I think we were both just scared of being hurt again.

I had a m/c October 2012. It was not planned, but I still was upset about it. I don't really have any feelings yet towards this little bean. But, in all honesty, I didn't feels strongly about DD until we were told that she had either T13 or T18 when I was 21 weeks pregnant. I am expecting it to take that long for this little bean too.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm super excited to be pregnant again, but I'm bummed that I have to stop laser hair removal and my weight loss. 
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm dreading telling my MIL about my pregnancy...her reactions to things are so strange and kind of cold. When DH told her he was proposing and showed her the ring she cried and said 'but your my baby and that ring is bigger than mine' and when we told her I was pregnant with DS she said 'oh that's nice honey'....oh my IL's are a piece of work! She kind of reminds me of that mom on that Everybody Loves Raymond!

Also, I gave my 1yo son a chocolate chip cookie before dinner the other day because I wanted to eat one and felt guilty...his happy chocolate face was priceless!!
  • Options
    I'm now irrationally happy I will be in New Orleans in a couple weeks. Where can I get one of these King Cakes? Are they everywhere?
    Not every where, but they're not hard to find. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    I'm now irrationally happy I will be in New Orleans in a couple weeks. Where can I get one of these King Cakes? Are they everywhere?
    Not every where, but they're not hard to find. 
    If they sell food/groceries/baked things, they will sell king cake.  Have fun!  Love my city and hope you will too!  Have a great trip <3

• Options

FFFC 2: I want to hurt people who use the terms "preggo" or "preggers". We are not 12 and those are not cute. You can say pregnant.

Oops. I think I said it in my FFFC. But it was meant ironically, I guess. I don't really use the word in speech or on boards, as a rule. Forgive me.

I wasn't talking about you! I knew you were using it ironically! We're good!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyName Ticker Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

FFFC 2: I want to hurt people who use the terms "preggo" or "preggers". We are not 12 and those are not cute. You can say pregnant.

I never say it and DH hates when people say it too but I do type it bc it's quicker than typing pregnant
  • Options
    Yeah, preggo is two letters difference and preggers is exactly the same length. It's not that much quicker.
    BabyName Ticker Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Yeah, preggo is two letters difference and preggers is exactly the same length. It's not that much quicker.

Haha guess I never actually counted!

• Options
    Add me to the King Cake for breakfast camp. :)

Also.. this is what I've done today (It's 12:46pm): Woke up. Ate King cake. Bumped. It's my day off and I don't have a damn thing to do. I'm still in my jammies and I don't plan on changing. :)
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had to Google what King Cake is, never heard of it.

My mom just took DS for the weekend because DH and I are both working..... and I convinced her to keep him until Monday afternoon so I have a chance to sleep in for just one damn day!!! REALLY looking forward to Sunday night/Monday morning all by myself. :)
  • Options

I never say it and DH hates when people say it too but I do type it bc it's quicker than typing pregnant

Just type KU or pg. those are waaay shorter.

I'm clearly retarded...self admitted. What is KU??
  • Options

Knocked Up
  • Options
    I'm off today. I haven't done too much other than vacuum, run the dishwasher and put away dishes...oh and do laundry. And I kept DD alive. I was going to do more but I'm really wiped, plus I need to get some rest before working the next three nights anyway. I feel like I could've gotten a lot more done, but it's just not happening.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes I want to punch DH for being at work all day, like before 9 to 6, M-F. Sometimes I also want to punch his coworkers who stop and ask him questions as he is leaving (most of his coworkers aren't married, and if they are, don't have kids). He's been there all day! You couldn't have asked him earlier?! I am grateful for the job he has, it just frustrates me that it seems that his job comes before me and DD. One of these days I feel like he will regret it. Sorry, whine over.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stasi said:

I know you were referring to yourself, but this is a extremely offensive term. You shouldn't use it, or get ready to be flamed for it...

Please don't use that word. It is ignorant. I work with people that are mental retarded (although that term is not used that often in the field anymore) and using that term as a way of saying that you are ditzy is a slap in face to them.

• Options
    cmumama, I sympathize with not feeling too attached. I'm straight up afraid to get too attached until I at least see my OB, because I was so blindsided by my m/c in May. I feel really, really guilty about keeping my distance, so to speak. And I know if something happens I probably am not sparing myself any pain. But.. it's tough.
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Options
    PaddyB said:

how do you feel about preggly?

Just as awful. Yuck. I don't understand why people seem to think pregnant is a dirty word.

• Options
    Sorry for using that word. Ditsy was a better word but I clearly didn't mean anything offensive by it.
  • Options
    But it is highly offensive to call me ignorant because I used a one word in place of another...that is also offensive
  • Options
    kateithokateitho member
    edited January 2014
    I actively hate all the cutesy terms for pregnancy, too.  They feel flippant and juvenile, like the person using them is in their early teens.  I am not coasting through a surprise pregnancy on Skittles and rainbows.  I've tried very hard to become pregnant, and to make it as far as I have.  After having over 100 blood draws, several invasive medical tests, 4 different doctors, 4 pregnancy losses, and now becoming pregnant again for the 5th time, I live in a terrifying and serious world.  I feel like any other term than pregnant (abbr. pg) belittles the heartache, hard work, determination, and hope that DH and I have experienced to make it this far.

Edited for fluency.
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Options
    I teach middle school and a lot of kids have been sick.  I was probably not as sympathetic to the girl that threw up on the floor in my classroom (and then just sat there) as I should have been.  I freaked just a little because I do not want to get sick!!  I get that I will have to deal with that with my child, but I want to be extra careful because I would like to get to actually deliver my first child. 

View Full Size Image      image
  • Options

But it is highly offensive to call me ignorant because I used a one word in place of another...that is also offensive</bl

It is ignorant to use that word. Dont use it again and you wont have to be offended when someone else says it is ignorant to use that word. Or get a thicker skin.

• Options
    I guess I haven't had good king cake. I'm not a fan. Maybe I need to get a better one?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. The term preggers makes me want to punch people in the mouth.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had sex all the time when pregnant with Ds after 1st tri. Once I was on zofran for sickness, in fact sometimes sex made me not feel sick for the moment. Until right after I would go throw up ahah sexy. But I wanted it all the time. I don't even like sex lol. Maybe this time will be like that to for dh sake

BFP 1/4/2014 EDD September 14 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"