VBAC
Options

Muscle Tear

I have been having pain just above belly button on left side about the size of a 2"x4".  I thought originally it was some kind of tear or uterine related.  I cannot sneeze, cough, laugh, gag without pain, it gets worse throughout the day.  I thought maybe I was just over doing it.  I was so freaked out. My OB told me to check with my primary doctor just to be sure and it was confirmed that it's a tear.  Besides Tylenol, ice and rest, not much I can do.. It brings me to tears by the afternoon/end of day.

Just wondering if anyone has gone through this before, I am a little scared because I am trying for a VBAC this time, and am afraid  I will injure myself further.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Muscle Tear

• Options
    Yes, i had a torn/pulled (not sure which) muscle around 26 weeks. It took about a month to heal, but it was only abdominal muscle and had no impact on anything besides comfort. Yours is the same, right?
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    I really hope mine heals before, It's been 2 months now.  Ive been trying to do more research since I found out what it was. Thanks for the reply. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"