Success after IF

Little annoyed with my daycare......

So let me start this by saying - I LOVE our daycare. I think (hands down) it is the best fit for Molly, and I never doubt that she is in great hands when I drop her off. She is so attached to her teacher these days she actually snubs me for her when I pick her up, but that's another story....

BUT.... every now and again I get annoyed with them.

When I picked her up yesterday, she was in the "big kids" room as they are starting to transition her. The teacher said to me "I have no idea if she got her afternoon bottle - you may want to check the fridge."... I informed her I don't pre-make the bottles so that's no help. She went on to tell me how she had just had her snack (puffs) and we both agreed if she had not had her bottle she would probably be a lot crankier. Additionally I found two dirty bottles in her bag, so I assumed we were good.

As soon as my car went in reverse out of the parking space the screaming began and it did not stop until she got out of her carrier.  Since her chart was obviously not filled out completely - I really had no idea if this crying was hunger or not. We made it through the night and I gave her a couple of extra ounces at bedtime to help offset anything.....

She woke up before 11. Again, I had no idea what her ounce intake was for the day......so again, I did not know if she was hungry. I made her 4 ounces - she took it right down and slept until 5:30.

My conclusion is that she didn't have her second bottle, but the bottle was used to make rice cereal so that's why it appeared dirty - and when she got handed off to the second teacher - the second teacher SHOULD HAVE verfied it with the first. I am annoyed that she did not and let me attempt to figure it out when I picked her up. Additionally Molly DOES NOT SLEEP at night if she doesn't get two bottles during the day and in my opinion puffs do not count as a bottle replacement.

I just called and talked to the teacher, who tells me she got her second bottle at 3:00, she just didn't write it down. I don't for two seconds believe this and I'm again very annoyed. In fairness she doesn't always write things down, but I really feel given everything that happened last night that she was underfed. And ya know what? we all make mistakes, I'm OK with that - but I hate that she appears to always go on the defensive when I question things. This doesn't need to be a big deal, but I want to make sure it's corrected, especially as she transitions and isn't always with the same person all day. I am very reasonable in the assumption that daycare will never take care of my baby as well as her mother, so things like this really get under my skin when I feel like it's falling on deaf ears. UGH.

No point to this post, I really just wanted to vent. From now on however I will be double checking every detail when I do pick up. I am really happy our entire nights sleep wasn't killed last night - because that has been the pattern the few other days when she's only had one bottle.

Why do we have to work?

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: Little annoyed with my daycare......

• I would guess underfed as well. That would irritate the living crap out of me too because we all need our sleep and we know if something is off there is usually a reason for it! Hopefully incidents like this are few and far between. And the daycare lady needs to learn not to get on the defense especially when we know our kids. Yep I hear ya..good ol work. For us no way around it! Got to pay the bills

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I hate having to question DC too, they make me feel like I'm a B when I'm just trying to get to the bottom of things. Transitioning is really rough. Hopefully once she's fully in the next class things will smooth out. Just make sure they understand your expectations.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! @TJ1979 - the worst part was the phone call today. Honestly I feel bad that the teacher thinks she can't  be honest with me. I've told her so many times point blank - I trust your judgement, It's evident that Molly is happy when I pick her up and that's most important...." Oversights happen - I just wish they would own it.... It doesn't happen often but it makes me so mad when I am trying to piece things together after daycare.

I don't like the next teacher as much as I like her current one (todays events withstanding)..... and will be very upfront with her.... I think she's a little flaky and needs it! The good news is the teacher after her - I love!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"