High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Subchorionic hematoma

I had spotting off and on for over a month. Today dr dx me with subchorionic hematoma. Told me no sex of heavy lifting but I can work. I'm an RN. Some people go on bedrest for this. Has anyone had this issue and had a healthy pregnancy. ?

Re: Subchorionic hematoma

• Options
    daisy662daisy662 member
    edited January 2014
    I had this with both of my kids. Resolved itself after a couple weeks. They did not put me on bed rest but did put me on pelvic rest and said I should take it easy. I have 2 healthy babies!! They also put me on some meds but I don't remember what...
  • Options
    i had one. it resolved itself around 17 weeks, i have a healthy baby boy growing in me, it was nice to have the bleeding stop though. i was never on bed rest but i was on pelvic rest for that among other things

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you sooooo much ladies. You really put my mind at rest. >:D<
  • Options
    Mine resolved on it's own, but I did have her a month early. They don't know why my water broke so early. It was a complete surprise. She is perfectly healthy though!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one at about 13 weeks. It got as big as about 3 cm on all sides. I was on bedrest for almost a week and then remained on modified bedrest for another 5. It was confirmed healed at my big ultrasound. There was no sign of it at all. I'm now 30 weeks and have a healthy baby and all is good. It's a super scary thing to have happen but it happens and I think being aware and careful makes all the difference. GL!
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    I had this at 13w, had a huge gush of blood and freaked out! Went to the er where it was diagnosed as SH. I did bedrest and pelvis rest for a week, went back to my dr for another u/s and it had healed up as quickly as it came on. I was on bedrest 10 days and after that big gush I spotted for 5 days. Im not 33w6d and no more problems from it since.
    Nicole & David married June 2007
    Savana Katelynn Coy born 02-03-2009
    BFP #2 02/11/2013 ended in loss ectopic pregnancy
    BFP#3 07/01/2013 EDD March 11, 2014! Baby is perfect!

• Options
    I was currently dx with SH. I am 16weeks and this is my second pregnancy. I was told bed rest, no heavy lifting, no sex. I am flying back to New York which I was told was ok as long as I don't carry anything heavy. I am worried because I don't know the size of it and the position of the clot. Also my cervix length is measured at 2.3cm. As we speak I am at the doctors to go over the results. I found all this out by going to the emergency room when I was spotting and had Lower back pain. Every worried mommy!!! Although I read usually SH goes away in its own and doesn't really effect the pregnancy.
  • Options
    I am currently in the same boat. It is nice to know I'm not alone. I found out at 9 weeks on the dot when I started bleeding and went to the er. I'm on pelvic rest currently and waiting and hoping! I'm at 10w2d now. I don't know the severity yet. My appt with my usual ob team is this thurs. I'll keep you ladies posted and you (mom2samie and Kjoy) do the same! Good luck!
  • Options
    My next appt is the 25 th. Keep u posted.
  • Options
    JustCricketJustCricket member
    edited February 2014
    just got diagnosed with this today (10w). spotting/bleeding on and off for 2 weeks. I swore I was miscarrying.. thankfully at the u/s saw a happy healthy baby. She didn't say anything about the size and didn't seem at all concerned, said for me to keep it easy. No sex, no lifting things, no exercise, lots of fluids, etc. My next appointment is on the 24th so I'll have quite a few questions to ask. lol.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"