LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT

It's that time again - Ten Things Tuesday! List whatever's on your mind!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTT

• Options
    1)  I have nothing (official) to do today.  I *should* try to write a couple pages of my dissertation.

2)  There are still boxes left to unpack from the move.  Not feeling that today.

3)  My morning coffee and I are in a war.  It says "Ima make you nauseous, bitch!" and I say "Bring it on!"  So far we are at a stalemate - it consistently makes me nauseous but I have yet to puke.

4)  I shamelessly had a giant caramel milkshake from Sonic last night.

5)  First midwife visit is tomorrow.  I am super-excited, even though I'm about 95% positive there will be no ultrasound and probably not even a Doppler.

6)  It is cold here.  Yes, I know, it is cold pretty much everywhere right now.

7)  I want a bump.  It is hard to think of myself as pregnant without one.

8)  I have already made up a baby registry but I have no idea when to make it "live" - what do ya'll ladies think?

9)  I spend way too much time playing Facebook games.

10)  I have the cutest furchildren in the world.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I am thinking about alot of the wonderful folks on this board today, and like @ATXmommas already said, my heart also hurt reading the TTC Check-in yesterday. I wanted to jump in and offer hugs and reassurance and support to all that needed it, but that just didn't feel right. Please know that I am thinking of all of you as well and wishing you all the best on your continued journey toward building your families. It truly is not fair that this process is not easier for so many. If there is ever anything that we (collectively as a community on this board) can do to ease the heartache that any of you are experiencing, please say so. I think I speak for most everyone here when I say that we want this board to be a place where everyone feels safe and comfortable coming to share their experiences no matter what stage in their journey they are in...

2. On a MUCH lighter note, can we please talk about the cold weather for a moment? Um, I do not remember experiencing cold quite like this ever before in my life. I was born in northern Maine and grew up outside of Boston, so I was no stranger to cold winters, but -12? Really? I was seriously afraid my car wasn't going to start this morning. I was also scared to let Reese (our little Pomeranian) outside to go the bathroom. It was that cold! I have been in my office for about an hour now and I feel like I am still trying to warm up. Brrrrr....

3. Related to #2, I decided to try chamomile tea this morning. I haven't been much for coffee or tea since getting pregnant. The taste just seems to turn me off. However, I really wanted a warm beverage when I got to work, so I decided to try decaf chamomile tea. I am liking it!

4. My sister and her boyfriend left for the Dominican Republic yesterday. They conveniently scheduled this vacation for the coldest week of the year. I thought about them sitting by the pool with umbrellas in their drinks while I was sitting in my frozen car this morning waiting for it to heat up. Yeah, I guess I am jealous.

5. I am loving reading the parenting check-in lately. I feel like I am learning so much from all of you new mommas posting about breastfeeding, sleep schedules, travel with babies, etc. I am excited and scared to hopefully join your ranks in less than 5 months.

6. My wife and I accomplished a lot this past weekend - I am proud of us! I made a to-do list on Friday night that had 16 things on it. We got 12 out of 16 done which is a big deal for us. Some of our accomplishments included hanging a new wood base that my wife stained on the plaster wall (not that easy) going up our stairs that we will be mounting a new railing on; thoroughly cleaning the kitchen including scrubbing the floor, emptying all contents of the fridge and scrubbing it out, scrubbing stove and microwave, etc.; re-organizing our pantry; working on de-officing our home office that will become our nursery; collecting an entire car load of stuff that we don't need from around the house and taking it to Goodwill to donate.... it was a very productive weekend, and I am hopeful this coming weekend will be equally productive.

7. Being back at work since the holidays has been strange and difficult. It had been so long since I had time off, and then I was off for 2.5 weeks... now it is feeling difficult to get back into a routine and be productive at work. I need to try harder, which I know. But I also am very distracted and feeling a bit unmotivated at work. This is not like me.

8. I floated the idea to my wife recently about trying to take a vacation the week after Christmas next year. We will have a 6ish month old. I would like the three of us to go some place warm together. She said she would think about it. Well, now I am obsessed with the idea and trying to find the perfect vacation for our little family of three to take in December. I know I am getting way ahead of myself, but it is making me happy to think about the possibility. I still have no idea where we would go though...

9. I have also recently renewed my obsession with looking at real estate listings and day dreaming about moving (apparently I think I am going to hit the lottery)... In an ideal world, we would move before baby comes. That is 1000% not going to happen. We just can't afford the house we want right now and I am not sure that we are posed to make a good profit on our current house at the moment, so it would not be a smart move. In reality, it will likely be a minimum of 2-3 years before we can reasonably consider moving. Which is frustrating. No regrets about buying our current house, because it was right for us at the time and the experience that we had renovating it was really awesome, but I really didn't invision us starting a family there. I guess that was short sighted. In 2-3 years we hope to either have baby #2 or be pregnant with baby #2. Not sure how we are going to make that work with our current tiny city house.

10. So, I am 19 weeks today. I really wanted to lead with that. I graduate to my next week of pregnancy on Tuesdays every week, so my TTT usually includes that. For me, every Tuesday that successfully comes and goes feels like a little victory. So even though most of you know how far a long I am, and probably don't need the weekly reminder in my TTT, it makes me feel good to acknowledge that we have made it another week. Well, in light of what I said above in #1, I felt like I shouldn't start out with "yay for me, I am 19 weeks pregnant"... in fact, I tried really hard not to make this TTT so pregnancy-centric. I would hate to think that it makes it hard for those who are still struggling to read about me going on and on about my pregnancy issues and experiences. I can try to save that more for the pregnancy check-in.... I don't know, I have mixed feelings about what I just said. I just want everyone to feel comfy and welcome and I don't want to be the obnoxious pregnant lady that won't shut up. Ok, the end.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    edited January 2014

1. Currently, it is -13 here with a "feels like" temp of -35. Fun.

2. My RE and PCP offices were closed yesterday, which I understand. However, I am unable to reach either of these offices today. The roads are clear, but it is cold outside...what gets me is that the office building on our property is open and the employees have been to work both yesterday and today. Why can't the doctor's offices open?? Update: I was able to find a lab that is open and will be getting my blood work completed today. Also, I finally reached my PCP office and they are not rescheduling appointments right now. I told her my time sensitive issue and she said she was putting my request aside and will be calling me back asap to schedule. I'm thrilled they understand my time sensitive issues. *Phew*

3. Today is CD 3 for me and I need to get my blood work completed asap. I did ask my insurance company and they will cover the blood work without a referral because there is no infertility diagnosis on the paperwork and my RE is part of the "women's health" choice of doctors. So, that lifts a big weight off of my chest since I can't get a hold of my PCP to get a referral. 

4. My next obstacle is to get a referral by CD 10 so I can get the sonohysterogram done with the RE. I am praying this all works out and am thankful for the little bit of time I have to get it at this point. I'm hoping the PCP office takes pity on me since they canceled my appointment on Monday. Update #2: The office took pity on me and were able to get me in tomorrow at 9am! This is such a relief! Also, I was called by the RE office and they scheduled everything else for this cycle. Looks like we really are ready to go. 

5. I spoke with my acupuncturist yesterday when she called me to tell me her office is open Tuesday. She was so excited at my progress and was so sweet to reassure me that everything would work out. I'll see her today before I start taking clomid later tonight, just to ensure we are all on the same page. 

6. I just got over a cold and now am feeling some chest congestion. I'm hoping it is nothing. As a result of the illness plus the stress of closed doctor's offices I have been blessed with three small cold sores on my bottom lip. Oh Joy. This only happens when I am sick and stressed. 

7. On a completely unrelated note, we borrowed a food dehydrator from a friend and we fell in love with it. We dried some apples, bananas, pineapple and papaya and WOW! I just have to limit how much I eat because of the sugar, but what a great treat!

8. I had a personal victory when I was able to turn down lunch my wife was offering me. While she ate pizza and cinnamon iced breadsticks, I stuck with almonds and other healthy options. Go me!

9. We discovered "My cat from hell" on netflix yesterday and it is awesome. I strongly believe I could be a cat whisperer! I need to find something to do as a career so I can deal with animals all day. For sure. 

10. The sun is out and the sky is blue...it is just breathtaking here. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    ATXmommas- I love the picture of Bama, so adorable!

1. I cannot believe how cold it is in Ohio right now.  I thought that we were somewhat prepared, but are finding it hard to keep our entire apartment at a comfortable temperature.  My wife is making a fire as I type this to heat the living room for the day.

2. The good news is that my wife is home with me again today, the bad news is that neither one of our cars will start.  So I hope we don't need to go anywhere.  

3. I am 6 weeks pregnant today :-)  We have our first ultrasound tomorrow, I am so excited!

4. My wife took down all our Christmas decorations last night.  The house does look empty, but I am thankful for it to be done.  I hate doing it and it kept stressing me out.

ATXmommas about the ones still TTC.  My wife and I were in the process for less than a year and I know how difficult it was.  It is hard for me to imagine what some people have gone thru and I feel for each of you.  I do still keep up on the TTC check in because you all are my 'peeps' and it broke my heart to see so many having a difficult time.  I wanted to put in my two cents, but I knew it was best for me not to at the time.  Just know that you all are in my thoughts constantly.  Lots of love to you all!!!

6.  My mom just got home from FL yesterday, talk about a shock to the system.  She went from 80 degree weather to -15 here in Ohio right now.  She is happy to be home and I can tell she really missed my sister and I.  I was thinking of inviting her over today.

7. My mom is so excited about my sister and I being pregnant right now, she is happy to buy is anything we want.  My sister asked for a nice glider for the nursery and I asked for a pregnancy pillow that is almost $100.  My birthday is in April and I told my mom it could be my birthday present, but I have a feeling I will get it sooner.

8. Has anyone used a body pillow or a pregnancy pillow?  I sleep with a body pillow now, my wife calls it the great wall of china because it goes in between us.  I love it, she is not a fan, but it helps me to sleep so she tolerates it.

9. Speaking of my wife, she is wonderful at doing things around the house (when asked) and does her best to take care of me, but she just doesn't do things the same way I do.  I have been so exhausted that things are starting to slip thru the cracks and it's is already bothering me.  I am going to have to let things go or start making her better lists of things to complete.  

10. I hope that everyone is staying warm out there and has a wonderful day today.

I figured I would share a PIP of me last night, bundled on the couch
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    I will TTT later, but I just wanted to say thanks to @atxmommas, @kh826, and @trisholio. I appreciate your support and your decision to express it here rather than in the TTC check in.
    I know we aren't alone, even if I can't convince my heart of that sometimes. Xox
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Tried to upload donor pics but it won't let me for some reason.  Instead, here is a picture from over the holidays of my childhood best friend (on the left), her sister, mom and myself.  I am the one without a tan ;)...

OMG KLeigh your friends look like orange pod people!  I seriously do not understand why people remain under the delusion that being orange is attractive.  I prefer humans to Oompa Loompas.  (You, however, look adorable in that photo).
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    1. I sometimes hate being on west coast time and missing a lot of activity on the board, however, I LOVE TTT being so filled up before I even log on! This morning I had fun reading it while relaxing in the tub.

2. I am so glad @AXTMommas brought up the TTC thread yesterday as I had even debated starting a new thread on my similar feelings. I think it is hard on our board that we are all jumbled together - TTC, pregnant and parenting - and yet I LOVE that we are all jumbled together too! It's a hard balance to strike, which is why the rest of the bump is so segmented. I think it's good that we all have the power to step away when we need to and that is each of our own responsibilities to do so.

And, while this may not make me the most popular person on the board, I also think that we all come here to commune around the 360 degree process of having a child, and each of us is entitled to be where we are. I agree with rules around pregnant people not posting to TTC, and BFP's being their own thread (as they should be! AW deserved when it finally happens!). But I also feel that because someone has had success, or is excited, they shouldn't have to censor themselves on other posts because others are not there yet. (And yes, I'm pregnant, but I felt this way before that too...fwiw).

@KH826, I think it's totally fair for you to lead your TTT with your week milestone! I'm sure every Tuesday that is the first, biggest and most important thing going on for you. And I think those frustrated with failed cycles, losses, etc. are also free to share how that is for them. I have struggled with both IF and loss, and I get how hard and painful it is, and I stepped away here and there when I needed a breather...but was so grateful to come back to this board full of lovely friends and their wisdom! Now I'm pregnant and having a super hard time dealing with my loss from March, it's like I've unlocked a door to a piece of grief I didn't know was unprocessed - but should I fear sharing that because people may see it as being selfish because "at least I'm pregnant"? I hope not. Because right now is hard...and I don't want to be afraid to ask for support here.

3. Phew. Ok now onto other things. Our weather in Seattle is so mild, I am feeling for all of you! It was actually kinda warm to me today, I had to take off my scarf I was so hot driving to work. I think it's near 40, and rainy. Surprise. Thought we had a stunning sunny blue skied weekend!

4. @KH826, I cannot stand coffee either right now! WTH! My wife thinks I've lost a gene. I have been drinking pregnancy tea a lot, my yoga teacher brings it up all the time as it has good stuff in it, and honestly it's mild tasting and I've grown to actually look forward to it! Also mint tea has been nice. I used to love chamomile tea too, but I O.D.'d on it once after a breakup and now it reminds me of feeling sad. Weird I know. But so weird to not want coffee!

5. Also, I've weirdly not been into meat at all. Last pregnancy I would siphon the meat off J's plate once I inhaled mine. Now, I am just feeling grossed out by it. Last night I had cheese, nuts and dried apricots for dinner, and it was perfect. So, I'm just going with it. Vitamins, etc. are most important in the first tri, what you eat isn't as critical until 2nd and 3rd (or so said my midwife from last pregnancy)...so I'm going with that.

6. Being back at work is hard! I am slowing getting into it now. I do remember I like being around people, and being busy, and being in a high-energy environment. I just also liked being able to do whatever, whenever, over the break.

7. I'm so excited Downton Abbey is back!

8. I picked up my sister today to come into work (we work at the same place) and apparently I was going 40mph on the highway. She finally said something and was like "Jezuz, we are never going to get there at this rate!" - Then a slow car pulled out in front of us and she said "Huh, maybe they are pregnant too...". Hehe.

9. I was cranky at my prenatal yoga class last night, and then she had us do 1 "partner pose" and I didn't want to do it, but of course I did. It was where you clasp arms and do a squat and balance each other out from falling over. Well, the woman I was paired up with was a ball of happiness and light, we had a fun little chat and from that point on, I really enjoyed class! I need something to knock me out of my mood and then boom, there it was. Nice when things happen that way.

10. J and I are watching the whole series of "The West Wing" on Netflix. We started a while ago, but there are 7 or 8 seasons with 22 episodes each. It's nice to have it in our back pocket when nothing is on and we want to just veg out. She never watched it, but I watched the last two years or so when it was live. I also like that, unlike Orange is the New Black, or House of Cards, I'm not compelled to binge watch it and stay up too late. One or two episodes at a time is plenty, and a nice distraction!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. I agree with @KH826, @ATXMommas, and @trisholio that the TTC Check In made me sad this week. I also didn't feel right posting there, but please know I have been where you folks are and I know how you are feeling!

2. I also agree with @2MamazinSeattle though that (outside of the TTC Check In, of course), everyone should feel comfortable celebrating their successes and milestones! This is an inclusive board and no one should feel like pregnancy talk is a no-no outside of the Pregnancy Check In. There is a line between being sensitive to others and censoring yourself. Of course I think it is always a good idea to know your audience and be kind, but I think for the most part people here are great about that.

3. I am grateful, however, that there are IF and TTCAL boards for when you just can't deal with a bunch of pregnancy newbies. I took solace in TTCAL especially after my first loss last year when I really didn't think this board was a good place for me, and I made a lot of friends there who just got it (not that there aren't people here who get it too, but it's different to be surrounded by an entire community of them).

4. That said...I am half scared and half excited about my appointments tomorrow.

5. The nice part of it is that I took the day off work since I have several appointments (NT scan, genetic counselor, Mat21 blood draw, OB exam) and they will take a while. I can't complain about having a little break in the middle of the week!

6. It was definitely cold here this morning but not as cold as it is in the midwest right now. It was 12, which is manageable if you're not spending a lot of time outside (I'm not). I think it is 18 now. I feel for my friends in Chicago and other areas that are frigid this week!

7. I made ham cabbage bean soup for lunch this week. I don't know if that sounds good or gross to people but I am loving it. And it's definitely soup weather.

8. Yesterday I was really proud of myself for eating well for the last few days and motivated to keep doing it. Today I want to gobble up an entire cake.

9. I'm really not into work today. I suppose it's because I'm so anxious for tomorrow to get here.

10. I'm all out of stuff to say. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    JGYJGY member

1. I agree with all previous posters about the TTC check-in this week.  I don't have any wise words, so I'm just sending hugs and support.

2. We're in Minneapolis, so you all can imagine how we feel about the weather right now.  Because school was cancelled for 2 days, so was our daycare.  So that was fun to figure out.  Luckily we have a friend who works in a before/after school program so since her work was closed she became our "Two-day Nanny!"  Now I want a full-time nanny.  ;)

3. I still struggle with motivation at this new job.  There are times when I feel like I'm doing useful work, and then there are times when I don't.  And there is ALWAYS the pull to just want to be with Gabe full-time.  I really need to start playing the lottery again.

4. Tomorrow is our appointment with the Pediatric ENT.  Wish us luck!  Gabe is such a trooper.  I REALLY don't want to do the tube surgery, but I also really don't want him to have to deal with ear infections every other week.  And hearing loss would be devestating.

5.  S has been really pitching in a lot at home.  She's been jumping in on my evening chores and I SO appreciate it.  But I'm me, and I'm retentive about things, so I'm sure I come off as if I'm looking over her shoulder all the time.  I hate that.  I will do better.

6. Because of the QOTD on the Parenting Check-In this week, S and I had a really productive conversation last night about the DSR and registering Gabe with our Sperm Bank's family forum.  I'm so glad she and I are on the same page about that stuff.  Also, it was nice to have an adult conversation that wasn't about poop.

7. Speaking of poop though, it was so cold yesterday that Duncan absolutely refused to go outside to do his business.  Then a friend came over and he got totally riled up barking at her.  He barked so hard that he pooped a bit.  We didn't notice it until Gabe crawled into it. Sigh. 

8, 9, and 10.  My amazing Sister has been occupying my thoughts a lot lately.  She just turned 43 and does not have a partner nor any children.  It is tearing her apart, feeling like her life is slipping away and her chance to even THINK about having kids is going or gone.  It is breaking my heart and I want to do something about it but there's nothing I can do.  I feel so helpless.  And I get angry that all these stupid people on tv can have contests to find a partner and my totally wonderful, talented, beautiful Sister can't just find 1 equally amazing person to be with.  It's so hard to watch people that you love intensely, struggle so much. 

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    KH826 said:

10. So, I am 19 weeks today. I really wanted to lead with that. I graduate to my next week of pregnancy on Tuesdays every week, so my TTT usually includes that. For me, every Tuesday that successfully comes and goes feels like a little victory. So even though most of you know how far a long I am, and probably don't need the weekly reminder in my TTT, it makes me feel good to acknowledge that we have made it another week. Well, in light of what I said above in #1, I felt like I shouldn't start out with "yay for me, I am 19 weeks pregnant"... in fact, I tried really hard not to make this TTT so pregnancy-centric. I would hate to think that it makes it hard for those who are still struggling to read about me going on and on about my pregnancy issues and experiences. I can try to save that more for the pregnancy check-in.... I don't know, I have mixed feelings about what I just said. I just want everyone to feel comfy and welcome and I don't want to be the obnoxious pregnant lady that won't shut up. Ok, the end.

I felt the exact same way when doing my TTT.  I remember when we were TTC and people would just go on and on about pregnancy and it made me so jealous.  But then I felt bad for being jealous.  I think these are all normal emotions.  I feel like most people are sensitive to others experiences, while sharing what they are going thru at the same time.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
     7. I made ham cabbage bean soup for lunch this week. I don't know if that sounds good or gross to people but I am loving it. And it's definitely soup weather.
    I think this sounds delicious and I want the recipe!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    1. Thank you everyone for what's been said in support of those TTC, and our community as a whole. I cherish this board and the different stages we are all in. My heart goes out to anyone struggling right now (I read the TTC posts yesterday as well and wanted to post silently and invisibly).  Many of us have been there (myself included) and are sending positive thoughts to those who need them.

2. On a different note I just ate a big plate of chow mein (left over from last night).  Yummm. I am still starving though and racking my brain on what to eat next...

3. It's hazy here in the Tri-Valley, CA and 52 degrees, we're expecting a high of 64, if yesterday is any indicator the sun won't emerge until the afternoon.  I am grateful to not be buried deep in snow, I grew up in New Jersey and went to college in up-state New York.  But it hasn't rained in weeks. It's only rained a few times all winter (it usually starts end of October).  They are predicting that January will be a dry month as well and that we're heading toward a huge drought, perhaps the worst in 100+ years. Scary.

4. It's been so nice to be social lately, to visit with friends and have fun family weekends. Every school break I have a glimpse at how awesome life without school is going to be.  Sigh.. I already miss it.

5. We've been sucked into watching Scandal on Netflix, and I've recently started Call the Midwives.  I can't wait for my favorite series to start back up again. I think in the coming weeks/months...

6. I'm making a turkey pot pie today (I was too tired to make it yesterday...) and some banana bread w/ chocolate chips and walnuts. Part of me wants to start now while K naps and part of me wants to nap myself (and ignore my growing "to-do" list).  I usually treat being a SAHM as a "job" meaning I try to get the household things done and stuff from our (or my) personal to do list, or do homework. But since being a parent is 24/7 (or at least 6am- 8pm) I feel like I sometimes don't get a break. This might just be me trying to convince myself to put my feet up and watch some tv ;-)

7. I remembered to make a "please don't ring the doorbell sign" and put it outside since the FedEx delivery person has a knack of delivering things right when K is napping. On that note I'm super excited to be getting our sewing machine today!!  I don't know how to sew but I'm excited to learn. I'll probably start with cloth wipes (inspired by seeing someone on this board make their own wipes).  And maybe if I can gain the skills I need move onto making cloth diapers sometime.

8. I went through several boxes in our garage yesterday and dug out newborn clothes, blankets, etc. My goal is to begin organizing the shared nursery closet today or tomorrow.

9. Between my back problems and Kaden's lingering cold I've only been to the gym once in 2014. EV and I have a date to go tonight and bring Kaden to playcare!! Woohooo.

10.  I talked to my parents this morning and found out they are planning a trip out to CA in mid-May to visit and help with the new baby.  I'm kind of excited (and a little daunted) to have visitors and to have help.  Luckily my folks are pretty independent, and having someone to play with Kaden will probably be such a huge help.  Of course there is the possibility that the baby will be late (but no more than 2 weeks, of course w/o induction) so we'll see...
  • Options
    1. Yay for @KH826 being 19 weeks! It seems like just last month you were deciding to do IVF! :)
    2. I agree with @2mamazinseattle and @ball.and.chain about pregnant people (and others) not censoring their excitement about the good stuff happening for them. I'm only one of the infertile people currently TTC so I can't speak for everyone obviously but I'm in total agreement on that one. When I need to take a break from this board it is rarely because I think anyone has done anything wrong. Things can be too hard for me to deal with and also no one's fault. And like @trisholio said, of course I get jealous but that doesn't mean I begrudge you your pregnancy or baby! I hope someday soon that @Manada and I will be in a pregnancy situation and I know that will make people jealous and I also know that we will "deserve" to be happy (not that I agree with "deserving" and what not).
    3. I'm glad there's a regular parenting thread. I hope that it means that the people who I've gotten attached to who are now pregnant or parenting will stick around.
    4. I'm tired and getting sick. Can't wait to add Lupron into the mix in a week. :)
    5. I'm so glad my period finally game. It feels so good to be starting something ( BCPs) even if we are still 2+ weeks out from starting to stim again
    6. I'm really anxious about our IVF cycle. I was feeling pretty good and confident about the last one and the cancellation felt like a cosmic warning that I'm not supposed to be hopeful any more. ..
    7. M and I have decided to get a rewards credit card and put our IVF and meds on it. We will then pay it off but will have earned the rewards. We are trying to get the one that earns us free movie tickets since that's our big escape and we wouldn't earn enough points for travel or anything.
    8. In the last few months we've seen (in order from best to worst): Catching Fire, Frozen, Delivery Man, Enough Said, Philomena, and American Hustle. (Philomena is definitely a better film than Delivery Man, but Delivery Man made me happy and full of good feelings whereas philomena made me sad as well as heart-warmed).
    9. I'm happy that Canadian Netflix added a bunch of new shows including Once Upon a Time, Suits, and Call the Midwife. We are watching all three of those now. I've also got a bunch on my list for after the egg retrieval :)
    10. Today M ordered me 4 pairs of knee socks to wear to the IVF ultrasounds. I will PIP them when they arrive
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    healz413 said:
    1. Yay for @KH826 being 19 weeks! It seems like just last month you were deciding to do IVF! :)

Thanks! :)

In some ways it feels like just yesterday, and in other ways it feels a lifetime ago. The decision to take the IVF path seemed so daunting and scary last summer when we were wrestling with it, but now it just seems like the natural progression of our journey and how we were meant to make our family. I sincerely hope that the difficult part (at least the bulk of the emotionally difficult part) of your and @Manada's TTC journey is behind you, and that in 5-6 months you are both enjoying the 2nd trimester and thinking back on all the "crappy stuff" as a memory. Hugs to you both!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    1. @healz413 took the words right out of my mouth (or off my fingertips as the case may be). I have been reading TTT throughout the day but haven't had time to do my own. That was exactly the response I was thinking of in my head. I read the pregnancy check ins every week and enjoy seeing all the progress and I LOVE the baby PIPs!

2. I'm still working but need a break. An emergency came up due to the cold weather and that meant no lunch today.

3. There is a heat wave right now... -1 with a windchill of -18. That is an improvement over last night and earlier.

4. I'm pooped and ready to go home. Come on 5 pm!

5. As it is so cold, I'm looking forward to relaxing at home with C. She took the day off as her drive to work included closed roads. We will be warm and comfy with our pets and heat from the wood stove.

6. I have lurked on other boards on The Bump. Some I find very unfriendly and will never post. Others, I don't feel like I fit in yet, so I also don't post. I believe that the qualification for TTTC and other issue boards is 6 months of TTC and it not working. Our first IUI was in August and we have only had three so far due to surgery and now my ovaries being over achievers. Endometriosis was contributing to me not getting pregnant, but that was fixed, so I certainly don't feel like the infertility board is anywhere near appropriate. Also, again, we've only had 3 IUIs. Sometimes I think that I have no right to be upset yet because it has only been 3 tries. So many others have been through so much more. At the same time, every BFN is disappointing as is every month that passes in which I'm not pregnant. Most generally, I'm very positive about this whole process. Every once in a while I have a down day. Yesterday was my down day. Today, I am excited about the prospect of going shopping to buy new clothes. I never do this anymore. I wish it wasn't because I'm gaining weight, but hey, new clothes are new clothes!

7. I said I was going to clean out our treadmill area last night and I actually did it! I didn't use it yet, but it is actually able to be used now. I'm looking forward to it.

8. I really wish I was a better housekeeper. Having a messy house can be overwhelming sometimes.

9. I'm so glad that I learned about this board. There is such a supportive community here and I have learned so much. I'm not sure how I would be feeling throughout this process if I didn't have the support you all have offered.

10. I'm going to make this last one a PIP. This is our dog Kujo laying in front of our wood stove last night. He is always cold and loves the wood stove. He sleeps under the blankets at night and gets as close to one of us as possible, or sometimes between us.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    StacyLH24 your pup looks a lot like ours, who also loves the wood stove. I'll have to PIP her wood stove pic later, if I remember. 

• Options
    1. Tomorrow is our "orientation day" at the clinic! So excited. We are one step closer. We meet with several practitioners, including a counselor, financial planner, and doctor to prescribe treatment protocol. Last appt we discussed metformin, femara, and possibly injectibles. We'll also get the ball rolling on choosing a donor and ordering vials. It doesn't quite feel real.

2. My period JUST started. For once, my stubborn body is not letting me down. Hoping this bodes well for the appt tomorrow.

3. On Jan 3rd, I got a Google hangout message from a very old friend I hadn't talked to in nearly two years. Until we had a messy falling out I considered her my best friend, and ever since we stopped talking I have missed her every single day. I consider losing her friendship my biggest regret. Needless to say, when I got the message from her I cried (in happiness) for nearly 20 minutes before I could get myself together and reply. We ended up chatting for over an hour and have plans to go for dinner next Tuesday. I am cautiously optimistic that we might be able to repair our friendship over time.

4. Helped a client secure a HUGE contract today. Feeling very proud that I played such an important part in finalizing it.

5. On Jan 2nd I scored a huge contract for myself. I'll be working in Calgary from Feb 18 to April 30th (tax season). My largest client only hires me for 10 weeks a year, but it's my most lucrative and I'm pretty excited to be hired again, although being away from home for nearly 3 months is rough. Not sure what this will mean for TTC yet, so it might mean we have to defer that 'til May. We'll see, I guess. 

6. Once tax season is over, I'll go visit my dad in BC and then go visit a couple friends in Seattle for a few days before eventually coming home.

7. Just spent 2 weeks in Toronto with Smurf's family. On the train we got a broadcast message from one of Smurf's siblings saying their mom's washing machine had just died... so we ended up buying her a new one for Christmas. Then, on the train back, my sister texts me to say our dryer no longer works. Oops.

8. This is Smurf at the Air Canada Centre, during the Canada vs. USA women's exhibition hockey game. God I love her smile. :) image

9. When I woke up this morning, it felt like -45C with the windchill (-49F). When the Celsius digits start to rival the Fahrenheit... you know it's effing cold out there.

10. It just struck me that next Monday would have been my mum's 73rd birthday. Wow. I miss her. Here's another PIP, for fun... My mum at roughly my age, maybe a little younger, taken in 1969.

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Options

1. I am in a negative slump that I just cannot shake. AUGH...really trying to work through this.

2. I also seriously need a weight watchers ice cream bar.  I have gained 10 lbs and just seem to struggle with motivating myself enough to be healthy

3. Acupuncture and massage really has helped ease my back and neck pain. For that, I am very thankful

4. I could tear up some serious vanilla fudge swirl ice cream. My inner fat kid has come to stay!!

5. I don't really have ten things.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options
    @shelly2314 - my inner fat kid, outer really if I'm being honest, loves Reese peanut butter anything. I found Reese PB hearts yesterday. I bought a package of two and it was a small miracle that I ate one yesterday and one today. The miracle being that I didn't eat both yesterday!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    1.  I thank those of you who are PAIF and pregnant and thinking of us who are struggling with IF.  The holidays were hard, and while I support all those who are celebrating pregnancies and do not feel they should censor themselves at all --- sometimes it becomes difficult for me to consistently check-in with the same "delayed/devastated again" when I'm there's lots of celebration going on - so I take breaks from the board sometimes.

2.  Our ER/ET has been pushed out to February, which feels like forever from now, although H will be starting Lupron next week.   I'm really hoping this is it for us and we get it this time.  I am only half-joking to H when I say that if our first SET fails I am probably going to want to transfer 2 next time just so that we decrease our odds of continued heartbreak some more.

3.  Despite #2 the idea of twins terrified and entices me in various ways.  I think it would be stressful as all hell to have two small babies on our limited income, but at the same time I'm also pretty confident we would make it work and the idea of having two who are the same age and who will grow up together sort of makes my heart swoon.   My little brother and sister are 18 months apart and were so close growing up, the idea of creating a similar situation is enticing. 

4.  I'm trying to find a way to keep stats on my workday including drop-ins, phone calls, emails and appointments.  I'm a bit lost in how to do it --- any others out there do something similar and are able to help?

5.  I have to write two reference letters for students this morning and while they're super straight-forward I have been putting them off for awhile....procrastination.

6.  My cousin had a baby on Sunday and while I'm glad for her, and am sure he's lovely I just can't bring myself to go down there and see him, or call her and chat about it the way I once might have.   I feel bad for that, but infertility has really messed me up. 

7.  I used to work in midwifery and love babies.  I also love talking about pregnancy and birth and newborns.   I am a wealth of information on all things reproductive, prenatal and post-natal now --- and at the same time, I can't be around little babies anymore.   When we were first got our infertility related dx's I wondered how long it would be before I felt this way --------- now I know.   I wish I could explain it to people who haven't experienced infertility, because it's really true that there's no way for them to understand the pit in my chest.

8.  While I hate being on the bench between cycles, I'm also a little glad for the break that we have had.  It gave me a chance not to have my life revolve around the clinic anymore -- and that has been nice.  We've been more focused on health lately.

9.  H and I went to the gym this morning.  I was proud to get up early and go before work, but it also reminded me how BORING it can be to work-out indoors.   I can't wait for spring so I can cycle again!

10.  I need podcast suggestions.   What are your favourite podcasts?  So far the only ones I've ever really gotten into are the Savage Lovecast and BBC documentaries....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    @Flygirl1228 - This kind of temperature is totally abnormal for our area, and I'm really not built for this climate! LOL We have not experienced any tremors here but I know that there were parts further north of us that did... although to be honest, if it DID happen here I would probably be totally oblivious! Last time we had an earthquake, I was at work and stood up to tell the guy on the other side of my cubicle wall to stop banging his desk (as he often did in frustration... he was a call centre supervisor, afterall) to find that he wasn't even in that day. LOL

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Options
    haha @flygirl1228 I am from cali too, and I totally freak out from earthquakes. I've lived here all my life, one would think I'd get used to them by now. 
  • Options
    @Manada have you tried any on the NPR podcasts? I love "This American Life" and " Wait, Wait don't tell me".... L listens to "Car Talk" sometimes I listen to "Splendid Table" or "Zorba Pasteur on your health" but I have to be in the right mood for those.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options
    @Flygirl1228 - I could never live in Cali simply because of the number of earthquakes! Even though my experiences with them have been hilarious in retrospect, they've never been of enough magnitude to cause any damage. I still remember the TV footage of the big one in Oakland (I think?) decades ago and it gives me chills.

• Options
    mwagner25 said:
    @Manada have you tried any on the NPR podcasts? I love "This American Life" and " Wait, Wait don't tell me".... L listens to "Car Talk" sometimes I listen to "Splendid Table" or "Zorba Pasteur on your health" but I have to be in the right mood for those.
    @Manada I was totally going to suggest "This American Life" total complete FAVORITE in our house!!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. I second the support for the TTCers. I know that it is such a tough journey, even though mine was comparatively simple. I remember the heartache each cycle, the energy spent on worrying, and all the BFNs. Good luck everyone, and if there is something that a random internet stranger can do to help, name it. As it is, I read the updates, respectfully don't post in the TTC threads, but I commiserate with you all from a distance.

2. Alarico is going through some serious sleep regression - and I am exhausted. This results in an even less coherent person than usual  - fun for you reader!

3. A colleague asked if I would be interested in being put forward for a sales role (account manager) - I am a product manager today. Its interesting that I've never wanted to be in sales, it seems too uncertain a existence for me, however, it piqued my interest. My company was recently acquired, so nothing is certain anyway. My partner says I could sell anything to anyone. We'll see. 

4. I bought some lovely Frye knee high boots, but the leather on the calves looks creased. It bugs me!

5. I think I am becoming *that* parent. Oh well. Its my job to advocate for my kid.

6. I need to ask the hospital where I delivered for my medical records. I still don't know if my c-section incision is the type that would allow a VBAC.

7. We haven't decided that we definitely want a second child.

8. Snacking on wasabi peas and dried fruit all morning is not boding well for the wind in my belly (TMI!)

9. We are infantile in that we laugh at farts. How do we curb this so that our son doesn't become as infantile as we are?

10. The end. I fear I will corrupt these normal minds if I continue today.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"