Postpartum Depression
Options

Husband healing my depression

My husband & I have known each other since we were children but he never knew certain things I went through as a child. When I was 14 I became very depressed & have been dealing with depression since then. After the baby was born I found myself to be a lot happier. I love being a mom & my daughter is everything to me. But after a while the depression started to come back. Maybe it's from being in the house all the time & my husband being gone for 12 hours each day. He never knew I was depressed & a few months ago I started having anxiety attacks & had to finally tell him everything he didn't know. When I told him I could do nothing but cry because he is my best friend & I hate hiding things from him. He's the only person I trust & my only real friend. He was so worried & sad too & didn't understand because he said I'm the most funniest & happiest person he knows. I think he cried about it too because he went to the bathroom for a long time afterwards. I felt so bad. But I am so happy I finally told him because he has been so supportive. Everyday he gets home from work we go for a walk or a ride to get ice cream or coffee & beignets. He prays with me (& were not even religious). He gives me baths & washes my hair. He buys me flowers every Friday. He calls it flower friday. He holds me all night & randomly wakes up out of his sleep & whispers I love you to me. He tells me to get dressed randomly on his off days & takes me & the baby some where nice in the french quarters (we live in new orleans). It has been like this for 4 months now. The picture above is so that you can see the difference. I think it really shows in my appearance. The bigger picture is when I was depressed. I lost 20 pounds from not eating. & I'm breastfeeding so the baby was taking all the little nutrition I was getting. My eyes look beyond puffy because I was always tired or crying. The smaller picture was taken a few weeks ago. I look so much more happier. I gained my weight back & my eyes look more alive. I am so happy to have my best friend. I feel like the depression was trying to make me pull away from him. But he is holding on to me & I know he'll never let me go. My husband is helping me heal my depression ♥

Re: Husband healing my depression

• Options
    My husband is very similar to yours. Most of our relationship I thought it was a temporary sort of thing but he has never changed. If only there were more amazing men like them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"