LGBT Parenting
Options

Sperm Bank

Which sperm bank did you chose and why? my Wife and I are hoping to pick one tomorrow and buy whatever account we need to look at donors and make some choices… she will be going threw testing next month and then may March we need to have the sperm ready. Thanks all 
 happy new year!! 

Re: Sperm Bank

• Options

If you look back through the threads a bit, I think there is one that discusses this. 

We are using North West Cryobank.  It is one of the cheaper ones and they don't charge you extra for having an Open ID donor.  I have ordered from them twice now and have had positive experiences both times. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options

Here is a link to a past thread...hopefully this works.  I haven't ever posted a link to a thread before.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12062501/sperm-banks#latest

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We chose Pacific Reproductive Services, not for any particularly good reason. Our first choice was The Sperm Bank of California because they are a nonprofit and have a very low family limit per donor but they didn't have a donor that would work for us. We liked that PRS has the one of the highest guarantees for motile sperm per vial and that they are lesbian owned (not that it makes a big difference really) and a lot of WTBK donors with adult photos/videos. They worked out for us (got pregnant on the 2nd well timed try) and we certainly had much higher counts than friends who used other banks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use California Cryobank

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options
    We used Fairfax cryo. My wife got pregnant on the first in-office IUI. We are very lucky and I tell her she has a very cost effective uterus. We were very happy with the customer service, ability to see adult photos, and packages for unlimited info for four months while we were narrowing it down. Lots of great, smart, and good looking donors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"