Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

questioning my faith

I am having my 3rd mc right now. The 2nd since september and I am pissed because this is it. It was the last shot at this and there is no more trying. Anyway, I am an active practicing Catholic and these experiences have me questioning my faith which also pisses me off.
I hear and see people constantly sending "prayers" to those in trouble. Then I hear about those "prayers" working for those who have a good outcome.
I have never prayed so much in my life the last few months. Both times I have seen a heartbeat and then have seen it stop. So do prayers not work for me?
Sigh..I really cannot understand the greater meaning in the repeated overwhelming grief I feel. I am trying to trust but this experience(s) are making me angry and negative and in turn guilty. Maybe because there is no more baby for us so I have to figure out what's next.

Re: questioning my faith

• kikimeemeekikimeemee member
    edited January 2014

I am so sorry for your losses.  I've been through one so far, and my first thought was, "God...I don't even know what to pray about right now but I am praying..."  A healthy baby didn't magically appear after my prayers (obviously), so my friend said to pray for comfort b/c it's what I needed/still need.   It is not a surprise that you are questioning your faith and the power of prayer because you have been through a traumatic experience 3 times.  :(   Don't forget that God is someone who came to earth to be human among us and He is a feeling God.  When His people mourned or were sad, He first kneeled beside them and cried with them.  He didn't preach his words until after he took a moment to feel with his people.  When we hurt, He hurts with us.  Prayers don't always give us answers that we want; but we often wish they would.  It's okay to tell God you are angry at Him and need some answers.  Stay with Him and see what He shows you.   I can fully understand praying for a healthy pregnancy; I wish for the same, and fear it will not come, too.

This Bible verse helps me when I'm in doubt:   

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plansA)'> I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosperB)'> you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Again, you have ever right to be sad and disappointed.  I am so sorry for the situation you have been through.  ::hugs::

• I am so sorry for your losses! I have been through two this year myself. I love what was said above. It's okay to be angry, it's okay to be sad. Tell Him that. God wants us to come to Him with our pain and joy. With prayer we don't always get what we prayed for, sometimes it's yes, sometimes no, and other times not yet. Though you said this is your last chance, maybe God has a different plan for you? Maybe to foster or adopt. I know it's way to soon to think about that, but sometimes a little hope for something can be the thing that cracks the hurt even the tiniest bit. I pray you find peace and that God wraps you in His mighty hands! Good luck to you in whatever you decide! Again I'm so sorry for your losses!
    Married DH 1/5/13
    BFP #1 4/29/13 Chemical Pregnancy 5/6/13
    BFP #2 7/30/13 EDD 4/12/14
    MMC@9w (found out at 10w) 9/15/13
    D&C 9/16/13
    Started trying again 2/17/14
    BFP #3 4/19/14 Chemical Pregnancy 4/21/14
    BFP #4 8/18/14 EDD 4/25/15
    Began Lovenox 8/18/14
    Heterotopic Pregnancy- Interuterine MMC@6w 8/28/14 
    Found Ectopic 9/16/14 Lost Right Tube
    BFP#5 11/8/14 EDD 7/21/15 Ovulated from Right Ovary!

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  I've been through one so far, and my first thought was, "God...I don't even know what to pray about right now but I am praying..."  A healthy baby didn't magically appear after my prayers (obviously), so my friend said to pray for comfort b/c it's what I needed/still need.   It is not a surprise that you are questioning your faith and the power of prayer because you have been through a traumatic experience 3 times.  :(   Don't forget that God is someone who came to earth to be human among us and he was a feeling God.  When His people mourned or were sad, he first kneeled besides them and cried with them.  He didn't preach his words until after he took a moment to feel with his people.  When we hurt, He hurts with us.  Prayers don't always give us answers that we want; but we often wish they would.  It's okay to tell God you are angry at Him and need some answers.  Stay with Him and see what He shows you.   I can fully understand praying for a healthy pregnancy; I wish for the same, and fear it will not come, too.

This Bible verse helps me when I'm in doubt:   

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plansA)'> I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosperB)'> you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Again, you
    have ever right to be sad and disappointed.  I am so sorry for the situation you have been through.  ::hugs::

This entire paragraph is beautiful and exactly what I would say! We do not know why this us happening to us but he has a plan for us all, though might be different than our vision. When I had my loss, I just prayed for comfort and healing. It is normal to tremble in your faith. Stay strong and just pray your little heart out!!!!

• The priest at my bedside told me that God lost His son too and Mary witnessed the death of her son. Not to compare our griefs, but they too, understand what you've been going through.

It's okay to question your faith. God usually doesn't answer directly. You'll know the answer in time. And He is always there for you.

Im very sorry for your loss.
  • I found the book When Bad Things Happen to Good People very helpful. The author paints a picture of a God who suffers with us and is saddened with us and stands by us, but who is NOT in control of everything. Controversial, a bit, but really helpful to me. I'm sorry for your loss.

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I know exactly what you mean. We lost our daughter in April 2013 and we finally felt ready to try again and we conceived in October. I prayed SO hard every, single day that the pregnancy would result in a healthy, living baby. I miscarried at 9 weeks in November. It feels like praying is pointless. You are not alone in your feelings. I am so sorry for your losses and I wish you comfort and peace. Lots of hugs.

Ava's Story
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Bless you, @KateNavin.

And thank you for sharing your story with those of us hurting.  I am so sorry for the loss of your little son.  You are mighty and strong and so selfish for being on here to help the rest of us!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"