June 2013 Moms

Guess who I just found sitting up in his crib

Just kill me now.

I thought it was a fluke yesterday and the day before when LO managed to get himself into an almost seated position 2 or 3 times, but I went in to find him sitting up in his crib fussing. I think he might have been upset that he couldn't lay himself back down, which is funny/sad/a little terrifying since he's terrible at sitting because he's always trying to crawl (has thus far only mastered crawling backwards).

As I was typing this, he started fussing again so I went in and he was sitting up again!! Crap.

Re: Guess who I just found sitting up in his crib

• Well now I'm WIDE awake. So LO has been trying to crawl for weeks now but has only managed to push/slide himself backwards. Yesterday, as he was doing the backward push/slide thing, he started twisting the lower half of his body. That's how he is getting himself seated.

On the one hand, I'm excited and want to wake up DH to tell him. On the other, LO has been obsessed with 1) learning to roll over, which led to lots of fussing when he couldn't figure out how to get off of his tummy once he learned to roll onto it and 2) learning to crawl, which has = a lot of whining because he isn't strong or coordinated enough to crawl yet.

Now I'm worried he is going to be obsessed about sitting up but take days or weeks to figure out how to lay back down. For the moment though, it sounds like he may have gone back to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds so cute/funny. Of course, it's not quite as much fun when your LO is interrupting sleep time. Mine has been practicing rolling every time he wakes up the past few nights. Then he gets stuck on his tummy and really upset. It's cute but man, do they have to practice new skills in the middle of the night? :)

img_1297_lighter 
  • FunkyPhoenixFunkyPhoenix member
    edited January 2014
    @Murphie82 Oh man! That is going to be really interesting since it's happening in the MOTN! Yikes! My guy is the same way as far as rolling over then gets pissed that he is on his tummy and doesn't like it. So I roll him back, and what does he do? Flips over again and proceeds to whine bc he doesn't want to be on his tummy. This is how we spend our days. Lol.

@Samanthaashley93 I LOL'ed on the "crying 'at' us" remark. Poor baby... But also kind of funny.
  • N has been doing the exact same thing! She still hasn't mastered rolling from tummy to back, but yesterday she went back to tummy, to crawling a little, to twisting her backside on her toes and pushing herself into a seated position and then knocking herself backwards from sitting. I told hubby that was one creative way to go from tummy to back instead of rolling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • micabush said:
    Oh I'm sorry but I'm laughing too! We went through about a week of Lucy trying to crawl in her crib! She'd wake up and fuss. We'd go check on her and she'd be on her hands and knees, rocking! We left her and went back to bed as she wasn't crying just making noise. She eventually would go back to sleep. I have a feeling we will have a middle of the night sitter soon enough. She's doing exactly what you're describing. Time to lower the crib!
    This is is and exactly why we lowered the crib today!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"