Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC and Don't Know Where to Start

2»

Re: TTC and Don't Know Where to Start

• Options
    EllyD14 said:
    lkirby85 said:
    You guys are hilarious. Calling someone a cunt is not bullying?
    Huh? Where did anyone call you that? This must have happened on another thread. Man, I'm so confused.
    I was confused, too.  But I'm guessing it's when WhoCanItBeNow asked what doctor would tell you their nurse was a cunt on page 1.  So maybe she was trying to defend a hypothetical person against being "bullied" by a hypothetical doctor that they work for? 
    Oh, I totally missed that!
    I just did a text search through the first three pages to find the word cunt because I thought for sure I couldn't have missed someone being called a cunt and it being glossed over by every single person here.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I left this thread at EXACTLY the wrong time tonight... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ::eyeroll::

A preconception appointment is just TALKING. There are not tests.

Maybe you need to find a new doctor.  My OB does a full physical at a minimum, and other tests if he thinks they are warranted.  Sorry your doctor sucks and doesn't know the things to check for before you get pregnant.

Besides, even if it is just TALKING, at least you can find out things like -- When will you see me if I am pregnant?  What will you do if I have spotting at 6-7 weeks?  How will you treat me if I have a miscarriage?  How nice is your staff? Will I get handed pregnancy paperwork when I come in after having a loss?

You must be new here.
  • Options
    jjsmommy0714jjsmommy0714 member
    edited January 2014

No I wasn't. I work in the medical field so I'm very well aware that "no news is good news" except in very rare circumstances. You aren't the only patient. There are going to be people who have a more serious issue than you. When you're the one they are rushing to give answers to, it's not exactly a good thing. Self-centered much?
    I didn't realize it was self-centered to desire high quality medical care.  And no, the issue wasn't patients with more serious issues -- it was a highly incompetent staff. The doctor had reviewed the results maybe an hour after the test. Their staff just couldn't be bothered to make a phone call.

If you don't want to stand up for yourself to obtain reasonable medical care that demonstrates respect for the patient, that's your prerogative. I'll stick to choosing doctors and office staff that can actually communicate with me.
    I'm probably a little late to the game here but I will tell you my version of an incompetent OB and lets compare notes and see who is right, shall we?

I was in labor for 19 hours and 59 minutes and my son was born at 1:32am. My doctor was due to be the in house doctor the next night so she wasn't on call. The L&D nurses spent 6 HOURS trying to get a hold of the on-call OB. I didn't know it at the time but my son's cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times and he was in "minor" distress (they found this out about an hour before I actually delivered). She never came. If it hadn't have been for the 6'4" in house doctor that reached into me and literally ripped my son out of my birth canal, he would have been dead because the cord had been on there so long. He was born blue. And not breathing. It took them 3 minutes to get him to breathe. 3 minutes that I spent screaming trying to figure out what was wrong with my baby.

The on-call doc from my practice finally came in at about 5 am to see how things went and to apologize. Apparently she had been DRINKING WINE and had put her phone ON VIBRATE and FORGOT IT IN THE OTHER ROOM. The bitch was ON FUCKING CALL and my son could have DIED because of her fuck up.

I'm sorry dear, but that is incompetence. Not a doctor or nurse waiting 6 hours to call back. And FYI, there was no indication at all during my prenatal care that this was a possibility. My calls were all returned within an hour, test results were given as soon as the doc had them. My doc even did most of my ultrasounds. Hell, she even helped me overcome some of my food issues (I am bulimic and she is a former anorexic) when I got diagnosed with GD. When she went on her honeymoon she gave the other doctors in the practice detailed notes on all of her patients just in case something were to happen when she was gone.

Your 6 hour wait for a phone call is nothing compared to a wine-o OB.

ETA: spelling & added a wee bit

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lre85rOxrj1qje0bvo1_500.gif

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC Since August 2013

• Options

Holy balls jjs. I hope you reported her ass to the state medical board and the hospital. 

I wish I had but I was too busy worrying about getting him on the tit. Since I couldn't hold him for over an hour after he was born (they wouldn't let me hold him while they stitched me up from the vag pull and as you can imagine I tore like crazy) he had problems latching. We spent almost 2 weeks dealing with that and nothing else mattered during that time. I didn't even think about doing it until a few months ago and by then it was too late. You better believe that I am finding a different practice though. Sucks because I loved MY doc, I just don't want to have to deal with the drunken bitch next time, ykwim?

TTC Since August 2013

• Options
    I'm sorry you went through that @jjsmommy0714 . That's shameful. This other poster is clearly talking out if her ass. I'd still report that doctor. Yikes.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Holy balls jjs. I hope you reported her ass to the state medical board and the hospital. 

I wish I had but I was too busy worrying about getting him on the tit. Since I couldn't hold him for over an hour after he was born (they wouldn't let me hold him while they stitched me up from the vag pull and as you can imagine I tore like crazy) he had problems latching. We spent almost 2 weeks dealing with that and nothing else mattered during that time. I didn't even think about doing it until a few months ago and by then it was too late. You better believe that I am finding a different practice though. Sucks because I loved MY doc, I just don't want to have to deal with the drunken bitch next time, ykwim?
    You can still report it. 

Did you at least let your doctor know why you were leaving? I would bet good money this isn't an isolated incident. 

Yes she knows. She said that she understood but that it was apparently the woman's anniversary. I don't think that is an excuse. She could have switched nights with another doctor in the practice if it was that big of a deal. Crazy alcoholic broad! I should have known when I went into labor on Friday the 13th that something was going to go wrong lol

OTPS. Am I the only one who can't stand it when people write "should of" instead of "should have" or "should've"? For some reason that really grinds my gears.

TTC Since August 2013

• Options
    jjsmommy0714jjsmommy0714 member
    edited January 2014
    This might be dumb but what is an AE? @LindsRockies

ETA: tag

TTC Since August 2013

• Options
    This might be dumb but what is an AE?
    Alternate Ego.  A different account you use for drama and fun times.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    EllyD14 said:

This might be dumb but what is an AE?

Alternate Ego.  A different account you use for drama and fun times.

Ok I will admit that when I first log in I scan to see if there are any threads with a high comment count because I tend to be a rubber necker but who the hell has time for that fake nonsense. I'd get my stories mixed up in like 5 min lol.

TTC Since August 2013

• Options

@jjsmommy0714  Yup that doctor clearly dropped the ball and should be reported. Far worse than what I went through with my incompetent OB. I'm sorry you had that experience.

Missing the point darling (where's a Jack McFarland gif when I need one?) I was trying to show you what real incompetence looked like so you would know that your doc was not in fact incompetent. Oh well, apparently you won't learn.

TTC Since August 2013

• Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited January 2014
    Man, I effing hate it when ladies are impatient and high strung with the medical field. Shit like this makes doctors decide women are stupid and high maintenance, and diagnose them with 'female problems'.

It's the reason a male doctor tried to describe horomone induced breast tenderness to me the time I went in with nerve damage to my chest. Fucking unfair. I get less quality in my health care because someone else can't keep their shit under control.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"