Pregnant after IF

1 question before I leave and head back to IF board....

Thank you all for your kind words these past few days to my posts about our miscarriage over Christmas.  Before I migrate back over to the IF board, I would just like to see if any of you have had any experience with the RML (recurring miscarriage loss) panel and genetic testing and if that has lead to successful pregnancies after a few losses?  I'm looking for words of encouragement to have something to hold onto through the next steps of our journey looking for answers and starting another fresh cycle again.  What tests do they do for the RML panel?  How long does genetic testing take to get results back?  They do the testing on the embryos after the embryos become a blastocyst right?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Married my best friend on 9.6.11 
Me 31 DH 29 
TTC since 12/2011 
Me - all normal test results 
DH - SA #1, #2 and #3 - 0% morphology 
Straight to IVF w/ ICSI 
April 3 - start date for BC 
April 18 - tentative start date for injections 
Tentative IVF dates: ER - 4/27 and ET - 5/3!! DELAYED.
IVF #1 - May 6 - Estrace
May 17 - started injections!
ER and ET end of May!! BFFN :(
FET #1 - June 28th - BFP!!!! :)
Beta #1 - 164, Beta #2 - 381
1st u/s 7/16/13 - 2 sacs with yolks! 1 smaller than the other - Possible Twins?! 
2nd u/s 7/26/13 - 1 healthy baby with heartbeat of 123bpm! Second sac empty. Next u/s 8/5/13.
8/5/13 (7w2d) - no heartbeat. Lost our precious LO :-/
D&C on 8/12/13 - finally neg hcg 2 months later on 10/3/13.
Saline Songram on 10/10/13 - found polyp :-( post-poned again.
Hysteroscopy on 10/29/13.
FET #2 - BFP!!!! :-) 
Beta #1 - 265, Beta #2 - 692
12/24-12/28 (6w) - lost our LO (2nd miscarriage in a row)
RPL panel and Karyotyping; results all normal!
Started bcp's 1/24/14; saline sonogram 1/30/14 - All clear!!
IVF #2 02/15/14; ER 02/26/14 - freeze all due to mild OHSS. 
7 blasts; PGD on all 7 - all 7 normal!!!
FET #3 4/8/14; BFP!! :-)
Beta #1 - 235, Beta #2 - 539
1st u/s - It's TWINS!!!!
2nd u/s- both babies measuring on track! Heartbeats of 118 and 122!!
EDD: Christmas Day!!!

** ALL ARE WELCOMED **

image  photo 866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimage 

Re: 1 question before I leave and head back to IF board....

• monimu13monimu13 member
    edited December 2013
    So sorry you are in this position.  I got tested for lots of things with my RLP.  Myself and DH each had a chromosomes done, I know they do some clotting testing and this is how they found my MTHFR.  MH had the DNA fragmentation done on one of his SAs as well.  
    It wasn't until we decided to do IVF did they do testing for antiphospholipid antibodies, elevated NK cells, and DQ alpha matching(which also had to be done on MH).  
    After 2 losses, I kinda just wanted them to find anything...anything that we could at least try to treat, and ended up with a couple of dx...its weird, but it made me feel better that there was something I could do.  
    I don't have any experience with PGD, I asked my RE prior to IVF if he thought we would benefit from this and he didn't think so.
    Sorry for the long post, lots of hugs for you :)

ETA: I should add, after reading the OB report from my first loss, my RE wasn't convinced it was ectopic at all...they did an ultrasound and saw "something" near my right ovary...RE thinks it was a cyst...never know for sure.
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • After my second loss, I had a diagnostic hysteroscopy to check for uterine issues, karyotyping, and they tested for hormonal, blood-clotting, thyroid, and auto-immune issues.  We also checked with our sperm bank, who confirmed that our donor had had normal karyotyping and there were live births from others using his sperm.  Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it (as someone said in another thread, sometimes it's just nice to have a dx so you can treat it), everything came back normal.  The majority of miscarriages are simply unexplained.  We also had the tissue tested from my second loss, but it didn't grow enough to test.  My gut feeling about my losses is that I just create more aneuploid embryos than is normal for my age (35, due to which I already have a somewhat-elevated risk).  My RE offered us the choice of doing another fresh cycle and doing PGD on all our embryos (fresh and the remaining 4 frozen) or just transferring 1 or 2 more of the frozen ones we already had and hoping for the best.  She advised us that with my normal karyotyping results, insurance would likely not cover PGD.  We chose to take our chances on the frozen ones, and I am currently 12w pregnant.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have answers to all your questions but I wanted to share what tests were performed during our RLP (The numbers are the code, don't know if that's helpful)
    164855  Antinuclear Antibodies Direct | Anti Nuclear Ab(ANA)
    117892     Lupus Anticoagulant Reflex | Lupus Anti Coag w rflx
    511238     MTHFR | MTHFR
    706994     Homocyst(e)ine, Plasma | Homocysteine
    161950     Anticardiolip Ab, IgA/G/M, Qn | Anti-cardiolipin ab (ACA)
    005199     Prothrombin Time (PT) | Prothrombin Time (PT)
    163915     Beta-2 Glycoprotein I Ab,G,A,M | Beta 2 Glycoprot IgA,G,M
    117762    Activated Protein C Resistance | Act Protein C Resistance
    511154    Factor V Leiden Mutation | Factor V Leiden Mutation
    511162    Factor II, DNA Analysis | Factor II DNA Analysis
    117754    Protein S Panel | Protein S Panel
    283655    Protein C Deficiency Profile | Protein C DeficiencyPanel
    005207   PTT, Activated | APTT
    117994  Antiphosphatidylserine IgG/M/A | Antiphosphotidyl Serine
    117887  Dilute Russell's Viper Venom | DRVVT
    161810   Anticardiolipin Ab, IgG, Qn | Anticardiolipin Ab IgG
    161828   Anticardiolipin Ab, IgM, Qn | Anticardiolipin Ab IgM

We also had karyotype testing done for both of us. I asked for the panel after two chemical pregnancies. All the results came back in about 2 weeks. Everything came back negative for us. My RE said that he thought the CPs were probably due to chromosomal issues. However, RE recommended against PGD since the karyotype test was negative. Everyones situation is different though. I am now 15 w pregnant. Again, sending you a big hug and wishing you the best through this process. 

DX: Ovulatory Disorder/ Anovulation (possible PCOS)
    DD (2 yrs) conceived 2nd IUI w/ Gonal F

TTC#2: IUI #1 and 2: BFN; IUI #3 CP; IUI #4 BFN; IUI #5 CP 
    Sept/Oct 2013 IVF#1: Antagonist: 27 R, 27 M, 22 F (7 frozen)
    5dt of one AA blast
    Beta #1: 12dp5dt: 1,093 Beta #2: 14dp5dt: 2,497
    Due date: 6/22/14 :)
    It's a Boy!

**Everyone welcome**

• My re ran the panel after our first c/p and we also found MTHFR and I started adding lovenox to my cycles. Even if you don't find anything it helps rule them out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is hope! We had 3 mc's. First was definitely trisomy, but we could not dx the other two. They just assumed they were chromosomal. We did all genetic testing for me and DH. Only abnormality was low AMH. Meaning, I think, I just have a low amount of "good" eggs. I am 37. We opted for PGT and it gave me more pice of mind. I am 17wks with toe and hopeful. Wish the same for you. We all have different issues going in but there are lots they can do. I wish you a happy future!! Don't hesitate to ask. I can at least tell you what I had experience with.

• We did a series of tests after our c/p and m/c: blood work for clotting disorders, NK cells, endometrial biopsy, and karyotype testing on both me and DH. None of our tests revealed any obvious reason for our losses, but our RE did decide to have me do lovenox and intralipid infusions with our last cycle anyway. I don't know if it made the difference, but I'm still glad we did. It's probably more likely that just luck / age were working against us, but I didn't want to leave any stone unturned. Terribly sorry for your loss and hope you find yourself back here permanently very soon.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• My RE advised against testing because our losses were all so different. He also said it was kind of like chasing a rabbit down a hole. I had a blighted ovum, trisomy 15 (which is rare and RE said unlikely to repeat) and an ectopic. I am now 17 weeks with my fourth pregnancy which was the result of FET #2. So far so good.
    I know that doesn't answer your questions but I just wanted you to know there is hope for success after repeat losses. I can't see your siggy so don't know what your diagnisis is. But I get where you are coming from about finding something wrong. We are unexplained and it has been an incredibly frustrating 3 years.
    Take care of yourself. I hope to see you back here soonm

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • *hugs* I am so incredibly sorry for what you've been through. I've had two m/c and my RE did an RPL on me. We found MTHFR, and I was put on Folgard and baby aspirin. It looks like this third pregnancy is going well. There's no way to know if the MTHFR treatment was the contributing key to success, or if I just drew the unlucky card before, but I do know that knowledge is power. I'm crossing my fingers that if something does show up on your RPL, that it's super simple to treat and is the key to success for you.

Again, biggest hugs to you and YH for your tragic loss at such a horrible time. Thinking of you!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't had repeat loss testing myself but thought you might want to also post on the PGAL or the TTCAL boards since a lot of ladies there have experience with the testing.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I’m so sorry for your loss.  ((hugs)).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

DH and I had the RPL, fortunately but frustratingly, the results all came back normal.  Those are chromosomal tests done on both you and DH from blood tests.  My results took 7 months to come back, but I was told that if I went to the US, it could be done in a week or so (that may have been incorrect info, not sure). 

The testing that you are talking about on the embryo/blast is PGD or PGS depending on if you are known carrier of something.  I haven’t done PGD, but many people here have and have successfully transferred normal blasts as a result.  It is worth considering, but your RE will have much more advice.

Again, I’m so sorry you are finding yourself in this situation.  I hope to see you back over here again soon.  For the long haul.

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"