Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

First post D&C period - OUCH!

Hi ladies,

I am three weeks and three days post D&C. I randomly started spotting brown yesterday (stopped bleeding about a week after my D&C). I thought it might be left over D&C stuff because my doctor said to expect my period in 4-6 weeks. Today I was out running errands and suddenly I started with horrible cramps. It almost reminded me of how it felt when I started going into labor with my son. The worst cramps ever! I came home and sure enough was bleeding red. I was completely freaked out so I called my doctor's after hours line. They called back and said that based on my dating, its my period. I had my follow-up last week and cervix had closed and uterus shrunk back down and everything seemed normal. I am finally feeling a little better after a lot of advil, some hot tea, and a warm bath. Has anyone else had a very painful first post D&C period? Did your period go back to normal? I don't know that I can handle another month of this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First post D&C period - OUCH!

• Options
    It just amazes me the way a woman's body bounces back so quickly like that.  My D&C was 12 days ago, so no period yet, but I did have clear goo today, so I am thinking maybe I ovulated and my period will occur in abt 20 days.   Sorry I can't offer my two cents at the moment, but thank you for sharing.   I look forward to comments other ladies may have.
  • Options
    I miscarried 17 days ago and so, like @kikimeemee I'm still waiting for AF.  FX I get my period in eleven days or so.  Everything I've read online says that the first period after a MC can be very heavy and painful.  I'm sort of bracing myself for that to be the case...but I'd also love to hear from other ladies who have experience with this. I'm so sorry for your loss...and sorry I don't have better advice for you...but I'm right here with you and eager to hear what others have to say about this.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I am so sorry for your losses too. As much as it sucks to have to be on this board, its great that there are other people that can relate to what we are going through. My cramps are still coming and off. I am still not entirely convinced its my period but I guess it could be. It just feels so different than they used to feel. I have discovered that camomile tea and a warm bath really help with cramps.

• Options
    wdw1005bride i agree about the tea and baths...also i've basically been living with a hot water bottle against my lower back at all times...and I don't even have AF yet!  Keep us posted on your symptoms and let us know that you are ok!  T&Ps.  
  • Options
    I'm going thru it right now. I'm 39 days post D&C and 2 days into AF and I am having the worst cramps I've ever had. It seriously feels like I felt when I was in labor with DD. Its also heavier with more clots than usual. I didn't expect this. If anything I thought it would be lighter since they vacuum out all the old tissue. Ah well, I'm just looking forward to trying again. Good luck to all of us hoping for rainbow babies. I hope we get them very soon.
  • Options
    Just got mine this morning..had d&c on 11/27. I'm not experiencing anything out of the norm yet, though I always had pretty bad cramps. Hope you feel better soon.
    BFP 09/2013....missed miscarriage diagnosed 11/27/2013 size 12weeks 3days...D&C same day.
  • Options
    musickphan912 i'm so sorry you are having such an intense AF!  Thanks for telling us...I'm sure it will help prepare those who might be in the same boat in a few weeks.  T&Ps to you!   
    BKRR0913 so glad yours aren't bad! keep us posted if anything changes!  FX!  :)

• Options
    Well just to follow-up. I spoke to my OB today and she assured me its normal to have a very intense first post DNC period. She said the reason its a week earlier is because I had a missed miscarriage, the fetus had stopped growing about a week and a half before it was discovered by ultrasound. She said I should take three advil at a time and drink lots of water because staying hydrated will help with the cramps. She thinks I am over the worst of it. I hope so!

I have to say though I am still not ready to start TTC again. I think I need one more month. I just wasn't prepared to have my period back this quickly. And all the physical pain its causing is only bring back some of the emotional pain. Its just one more reminder that I am not pregnant anymore. Anyway - just wanted to follow this up for those of you still waiting for your first AF.

• Options
    wdw1005bride thanks for the update!  I'm glad what you're going thru is normal AF wise, even if it is painful.  Good tip on the hydration and advil...i'm anxious about what is around the corner...you're totally spot on about how the physical pain just triggers the emotional pain...I feel the same way.  ((hugs)) to you. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies, I'm on day 3 of AF now. Yesterday was awful, worst cramps I have ever had. They became more manageable this afternoon, but it was awful. Guess I spoke too soon the other day. Hope you are all well.
    BFP 09/2013....missed miscarriage diagnosed 11/27/2013 size 12weeks 3days...D&C same day.
  • Options
    BKRR0913 sorry that is happening!   Thanks for telling us...hope it gets less painful soon...thinking of you and sending good wishes to get though this part.  xx
  • Options
    @tumbleweed123 thank you for your well wishes. No more cramps, still bleeding but feels like a normal period now. I hope you get past this part soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"