Sharp pains. Different from my round ligament pain. — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Sharp pains. Different from my round ligament pain.

Hello! I'm 13 weeks. Today & last night I've had some sharp quick stabbing like pain in my uterus. I had them early on in pregnancy as well around 6 weeks. They just come & go but aren't constant. I'm not terribly worried when I asked about them last time at 6 weeks my doctor didn't seem worried - she said I'll feel all kinds of things.

I have round ligament pain sometimes on my sides mainly if I cough or sneeze but this pain is different. It's more in the middle right after where my pubic hair line would be I guess. Anyone else have these? I just wonder what it is.

I have an at home Doppler and heard babies heart beat & all seems ok. I go to the doctor Tuesday & will definitely be asking about it. Just curious on if anyone else experiences this ... All my friends I've talked to haven't.

Re: Sharp pains. Different from my round ligament pain.

• I had the same exact thing last night!! I was in so much pain and worried. From what i read, as long as there is no bleeding it most likely is ligament pain and/or constipation on top of it. I'm exactly 13 weeks also. We should keep in touch! Let me know what your doc says. Btw I feel 100 times better today and also checked baby's HB with my at home doppler.
  • Glad to know I'm not the only one! It's just so different from my ligament pain I've felt so far. I guess it's just stretching - but the sharpness worries me. I love my Doppler! I couldn't make it without it! Have you had any insomnia? I have been waking up about 3 or 4 am & can't get back to sleep. I'm also feeling better ... Not quite back to my old self but much better than I was a couple weeks ago when I was feeling so bad I was crying every night. (I had terrible night sickness!).

I'll let you know what dr says .. Appt is on New Year's Eve. We are doing testing - quad screen. Our insurance covers it so decided to do it.
  • Yes def keep me posted! What is the quad screen? I never heard of it. Happy you are feeling better. I def have a bit more energy and was lucky enough that I had no morning sickness during the first trimester. Do you guys know the sex yet? Are you planning to find out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards