Working Moms
Options

Birthday parties for daycare "friends"

DS is 15 months and got invited to a 3rd birthday party for a fellow daycare kid.  He's at a larger in-home daycare, where the kids of all ages mix.  Is it rude if we don't go, even though we don't have anything going on?  I don't really know the parents, and he's too young to fully appreciate the party.  I'm imagine they invited everyone from daycare, but don't expect everyone to come.  I don't want to be rude, but I don't particularly want to go to the party? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthday parties for daycare "friends"

• Options
    Don't go if you don't want to go.  They'll never know whether you did or did not have conflicting plans.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    No way. Not rude. We were invited to three bday parties in a row starting next Saturday. I declined the one in the middle even though we didn't have anything going on. Just don't feel like dedicating three Saturdays in a row to parties.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I doubt the parents expect everyone to make it.  As long as you respond, I don't see the problem with it.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Thanks everyone.  I feel less guilty now.  when DS is older, we will go to more, but right now, it's more trouble than it's worth.

• Options
    shannmshannm member
    edited December 2013
    Honestly, the parents probably don't care if you go or not. So no, I don't think it would be rude.
    However, you might be surprised by how much your LO enjoys it. We started going to parties around age four. It's a good way to get to know the other parents too.
  • Options
    If you don't want to go don't attend. It's not rude. I decline and attend several bday parties. My feelings are not hurt if I'm hosting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"