Background: diagnosed with Prolactinoma in Dec. 1997. Levels started at 1538. Discovered I was 20 weeks pregnant in May 11 and gave birth in Oct 11.
First off, I have to start out with I called my normal endocrinologist last week and she reported my most recent blood work showed my levels were 37.5-- the lowest they have ever been! I am so close to "normal"!!!!
The hubs and I went to see the RE today and he is really great; sat down and explained that we are more looking for why I am not getting my cycle vs getting pregnant (for right now). He did the internal exam and he said my lining looked thick and he saw a follicle that had released an egg. So he thinks I have ovulated and should have my period soon. Also, the hubs and I have been spending a lot of *ahem* man and wife time together, so I guess there is a slight chance I could be pregnant. I'm not trying to get a head of myself, it will be pertinent information for a later question, swears. So anyway, I have some blood work done, and they say they will call me back later in the day.
Later that day, I'm on my way to work, and some dbag in a Ford Fiesta misses his turn and decides to slam on his brakes. It's raining here in Philly and my Jeep slides into the back of his lunchbox on wheels (can you tell I'm slightly bitter?) Between calls with my husband, insurance company and the tow truck, the RE office calls back with the results of my lab. They said my hormone levels seem to indicate that I have PCOS, and the doctor has prescribed Provera. I was trying to juggle so much information, I didn't really get a chance to talk to the girl or really register any of the information till later.
When I do call back, I am curious to know if the thickening of my lining was from PCOS or have I actually ovulated? Should I hold off on the Provera to see if anything comes of it? I am really wary of the side effects. I am going to fill the prescription, but I am also thinking about holding off two weeks, change my diet, get back to running and see if I get my period, and if not, take a pregnancy test. If both are negative, then start the Provera. I won't be any worse off, right?
Is it possible to ovulate with PCOS? I really hope the RE's office is open tomorrow! I have so many questions now.
Re: Had my RE appointment today!
October 2011 - DS (7)
July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)
August 2015 - DD (3)
April 2018 - 5 week loss
Spontaneous pregnancy #1
DD1 July 31, 2011
Trying for #2 since Oct 11
Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!!
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017