Secondary IF
Options

Had my RE appointment today!

Background: diagnosed with Prolactinoma in Dec. 1997.  Levels started at 1538. Discovered I was 20 weeks pregnant in May 11 and gave birth in Oct 11.

First off, I have to start out with I called my normal endocrinologist last week and she reported my most recent blood work showed my levels were 37.5-- the lowest they have ever been!  I am so close to "normal"!!!!

The hubs and I went to see the RE today and he is really great;  sat down and explained that we are more looking for why I am not getting my cycle vs getting pregnant (for right now).  He did the internal exam and he said my lining looked thick and he saw a follicle that had released an egg.  So he thinks I have ovulated and should have my period soon.  Also, the hubs and I have been spending a lot of *ahem* man and wife time together, so I guess there is a slight chance I could be pregnant.  I'm not trying to get a head of myself, it will be pertinent information for a later question, swears.   So anyway, I have some blood work done, and they say they will call me back later in the day.

Later that day, I'm on my way to work, and some dbag in a Ford Fiesta misses his turn and decides to slam on his brakes.  It's raining here in Philly and my Jeep slides into the back of his lunchbox on wheels (can you tell I'm slightly bitter?)  Between calls with my husband, insurance company and the tow truck, the RE office calls back with the results of my lab.  They said my hormone levels seem to indicate that I have PCOS, and the doctor has prescribed Provera.   I was trying to juggle so much information, I didn't really get a chance to talk to the girl or really register any of the information till later.

When I do call back, I am curious to know if the thickening of my lining was from PCOS or have I actually ovulated?  Should I hold off on the Provera to see if anything comes of it?  I am really wary of the side effects.  I am going to fill the prescription, but I am also thinking about holding off two weeks, change my diet, get back to running and see if I get my period, and if not, take a pregnancy test.  If both are negative, then start the Provera.  I won't be any worse off, right?

Is it possible to ovulate with PCOS?  I really hope the RE's office is open tomorrow! I have so many questions now.

Re: Had my RE appointment today!

• Options
    Ugh, sorry about the accident and all of the chaos! Glad you're okay though. You can most definitely ovulate with pcos, so I would definitely hold off on the provera. I'm confused about the prescription after thinking you showed signs of ovulation. I would talk to them about that and perhaps take the provera if they give you an explanation of the seemingly conflicting comments from them.

That's so great that your prolactin levels are under control! Hopefully with that and treatment for pcos you'll be KU in no time!
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I am sorry about your accident.... It sounds like you have a lot going on!!!

*hugs*
    M:36/DH:43
    DD#1:16/DD#2:13
    TTC: since 08/2012
    IUI: met with clinic 01/13 - due to SA results - straight to IVF
    IVF Cycle 1: Long Lupron Protocol with fresh transfer and ICSI
    Baseline U/S 11/27/2013 - Lining 3mm and good to go go stim action!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited December 2013
    First of all, I love you, and I am going to break down all the reasons why:

#1) I am so happy your levels are almost back to "normal" that is amazing news. 

#2) "man and wife time" ;;) teeeeeheeeeee

#3)  I drive a Jeep, and once referred to a similar sedan as a "Nacho supreme" I'm guessing it was probably a Honda Civic.I'm sorry about your accident, that is the pits. I hate that stupid guy. 

#4) My Jeep is red. 

#5) Yes, definitely wait a couple weeks, if your lining is thick and it's even a possibility you might have ovulated, just give it some time and see what comes of it- but keep in mind now, what the RE saw could have been a cyst. I just think since your lining is prepped, your hormones are doing something right, so let them do their thing for a bit. 

#6) Yes it's totally possible to O with PCOS, but it can be somewhat infrequent. For ex. a friend of mine that has had PCOS since her teens has never been treated, (and never used any form of protected sex) and her 2 kids are 10 years apart. Obviously, this isn't the norm. I think most people treat with Metformin and O fairly regularly.(?) 

And finally- I think it's always better to have a DX, then you can come up with a decent treatment plan, so I say this all sounds great (except the shitty accident) 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto Castillo! Hugs!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    First of all, I love you, and I am going to break down all the reasons why:

#1) I am so happy your levels are almost back to "normal" that is amazing news. 

#2) "man and wife time" ;;) teeeeeheeeeee

#3)  I drive a Jeep, and once referred to a similar sedan as a "Nacho supreme" I'm guessing it was probably a Honda Civic.I'm sorry about your accident, that is the pits. I hate that stupid guy. 

#4) My Jeep is red. 

#5) Yes, definitely wait a couple weeks, if your lining is thick and it's even a possibility you might have ovulated, just give it some time and see what comes of it- but keep in mind now, what the RE saw could have been a cyst. I just think since your lining is prepped, your hormones are doing something right, so let them do their thing for a bit. 

#6) Yes it's totally possible to O with PCOS, but it can be somewhat infrequent. For ex. a friend of mine that has had PCOS since her teens has never been treated, (and never used any form of protected sex) and her 2 kids are 10 years apart. Obviously, this isn't the norm. I think most people treat with Metformin and O fairly regularly.(?) 

And finally- I think it's always better to have a DX, then you can come up with a decent treatment plan, so I say this all sounds great (except the shitty accident) 

... you like me.. you really like me!!!  ;)

Talked to a nurse today at the RE office and it sounds like I did not ovulate-- the follicle wasn't large enough to be mature.  I still think I am going to hold off a little bit.  Something in my gut is just telling me to wait until after the first of the year to start the Provera.  
  • Options
    Sorry about your accident.  I am glad that you are ok.  I would wait.  Even though they said it wasn't mature you never know. Stranger things have happened.  Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"