April 2014 Moms
Options

Nursery pics

Since everyone is getting their nurseries done, I was wanting to see everyone's!! Mine is about done. All we have left to do is get the bedding for our daybed, curtains and changing pad for the desk. Our house is very old built in 1920) so we underwent some drastic changes to get this baby's room ready! We had to rip up old carpet, sand down old wooden floors and replace! We also added new light fixtures and painted all the walls, molding and windows. I want to hear some of y'all's stories! Excuse all the presents and tree in my pics :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursery pics

• Options
    @Mrscrcalli I love that color!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @boomer88 are those Ikea spice racks your baby books are in? I saw that idea on Pintrest and was planning to do that too.
  • Options
    Wow. Gorgeous!!!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Also a jealous mom here - there's a chance we'll be moving soon after the baby is born, so we're holding off on a nursery until we know that we're staying. Everyone's looks pretty, though!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    @boomer88 girl that looks awesome! Good job!!

• Options
    Well I haven't bought a single thing a baby actually needs like clothes or anything haha! I just love to decorate!
  • Options
    The crib DF and I ordered finally came in! He will be sleeping in our room until we get a house in July though. :/ Your nursery looks wonderful! You are so ahead of the game IMO lol

• Options
    LoriMc12 said:

Everyone's getting their nurseries done?!  We ripped out the carpet and that's it for now.  

It sounds like you guys did a lot of work and it's looking very nice!
    We painted the room and moved almost all of the office furniture out so you are not alone :)

I have never felt like such a slacker, but then again even with tomorrow being V-day for me, I just can't handle setting up the nursery until baby is almost here.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    Everyone's getting their nurseries done?!  We ripped out the carpet and that's it for now.  

It sounds like you guys did a lot of work and it's looking very nice!
    We painted the room and moved almost all of the office furniture out so you are not alone :) I have never felt like such a slacker, but then again even with tomorrow being V-day for me, I just can't handle setting up the nursery until baby is almost here.
    I definitely hear ya on that!  We bought the crib/dresser this week but it probably won't be set up until at least February.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    So we haven't done anything yet. My sister is making the coral colored bedskirt and bows in this picture. We are ordering these sheets and getting the light aqua paint. (Not doing the bumper though). And my friend is an artist and she made these two elephant pictures for us. She is working on one more. (We are doing a minimal elephant theme but want less cartoonish elephants and more realistic ones... That way the pictures can stay in baby girls room as she gets older).
  • Options
    @demodoll I'm in love with that dresser! I want to see the rest of your room! Looks like something I would pick.
  • Options
    We haven't done anything to the room yet but here is the bedding we ordered.
    Married since 8/2009
    TTC # 1 since April 2012
    BFP 11/17/2012 Complete M/C 12/3/2012
    50mg Clomid
    BFP 8/12/2013 EDD 4/23/2014
  • Options
    KimC85 said:
    70's house, so its a bit of a project. All the trim was ugly brown and in terrible condition (see window trim), so we (and I mean DH and my dad) painted, and now all the trim is going up. Wainscoting is going up tomorrow! It's going to look awesome :) The second picture is what happened when we combined an office and a spare room together... SO not looking forward to dealing with that mess!
    @KimC85 We have a similar window in our nursery.  What do you plan to do for curtains?
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    We are still working on ours as well. We added lighting and crown molding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    KimC85 said:
    KimC85 said:
    70's house, so its a bit of a project. All the trim was ugly brown and in terrible condition (see window trim), so we (and I mean DH and my dad) painted, and now all the trim is going up. Wainscoting is going up tomorrow! It's going to look awesome :) The second picture is what happened when we combined an office and a spare room together... SO not looking forward to dealing with that mess!
    @KimC85 We have a similar window in our nursery.  What do you plan to do for curtains?
    No idea yet! DH wants to get nice blinds in there, but I want some sort of curtain as well, just haven't decided yet. Do you have any ideas yet?
    Nope, no idea.  I will be taking down the black metal blinds that are currently there and that's all I know.
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    We have the cribs and the changing table... that is it for now !   My mom is going to come paint when I am at one of my baby showers : )  She is pretty excited about it! I can't wait to start working on it!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    We will b doing ours after Christmas :o) cannot wait!
    Everyone's looks so great! It's so exciting :o)
  • Options
    Instant panic just set in after seeing these great photos!

@KimC85, can I ask what color the paint is? I love it! Also just an idea on window treatments- you could have a fabric pull shade made. Would function like a roman shade but be fabric and soft like a curtain. We used to have similar windows :)
  • Options
    Wow! These look fantastic, ladies! My furniture arrives next week. I didn't paint or anything though, and these pics sort of make me wish I had.

• Options
    @Jessieann1020 that's about where we are at as well, except our room was transformers when we moved in. We took the transformers off the wall, removed the border, and scraped stars off the ceiling. Now we need to get to work priming over the very dark red, blue and gray and black striped walls.

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    I'm still team spare bedroom BUT this Friday is my last day of work so starting next weekend I'm getting into serious nesting mode and I'm getting the nursery together. The glider and dresser get here next week and I'll be buying all the other furniture/gear in February. We're still torn about whether or not we'll be painting (because we're renting) even though a friend of mine gave me paint as a baby gift. Everyone's nurseries look great
  • Options
    I'm so impressed by everyone's progress....I haven't even started!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @reillyea those stripes are frickin GORG!!!!
  • Options
    I'm so jealous. We move into our new place on 1/11 and then I can start working on the nursery. anyone have any recommendations on where to find affordable area rugs for the nursery?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mport90 said:

Here is little peanuts nursery so far.

Love the color!

I spent a lot of time on Pinterest last night and may have decided on colors. Robin's egg blue paint with bright oranges and yellows for accents.
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    Thanks @kimc85!

I agree for rugs at Rugs USA. They have great deals and the rug I bought from there's a great quality. I get a lot of compliments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"