Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Obese ladies wanting to get pregnant

Hi All,

I would like to introduce myself, I just signed up on thebump.com today. My name is Andrea and I am wanting to lose about 110 lbs before TTC for the first time. I want to give my baby the best and healthiest start as possible. I should NOT have let myself get this out of control, but I see what I've done and I want to make a better life for myself, husband, and future child(ren).

My cycle has been out of control recently, with spotting/light period for about 2 weeks, and then 3 days ago it became more like a 'normal' period with needing to use regular and super tampons. I know that part is off topic, but I am going to call my OBGYN tomorrow about this to see what to do. I hope that is not TMI....

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else is obese and trying to lose weight, or just hearing your stories about being pregnant while obese, good and bad.

FYI, I do not plan to even attempt pregnancy until Sept 2010, and I will be 32 yrs old at that time.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Obese ladies wanting to get pregnant

• Options

I was on my way out, but your post caught my eye and I just wanted to say for hopefully the last time in 2008:

DO NOT SAY PREGGERS/PREGO! (yes I'm screaming!)

Happy New Year!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Did she seriously just say, "preggers"?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageillinimama:
    Did she seriously just say, "preggers"?!

LOL

Photobucket
  • Options
    GL with your weight loss goal. 110 pounds isn't something that you want to do super fast, but at least you are trying to be healthy before you start TTC. Have you talked to your Dr about your weight and your wacky cycles?

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options

imageMr. & Mrs. Woodtick:
    GL with your weight loss goal. 110 pounds isn't something that you want to do super fast, but at least you are trying to be healthy before you start TTC. Have you talked to your Dr about your weight and your wacky cycles?

Awww, look how sweet you're being! Not letting the term "Preggers" get to you! You're a saint! Angel

Photobucket
  • Options
    Lurking will teach you young grasshopper. Lurk first, post later. We see the same questions day in and day out. Please at least look through the previous day's posts. If you have BFP questions, you may get answers here or you may get flamed. A better bet is to ask on the 1st tri-board.  If you're not charting, you don't truly know when you're O date is. If you want to chart, go here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/  TCOYF. Read it. https://tinyurl.com/6ka88r https://peeonastick.com/ (For HPT testing, OPK testing, and other random info) https://gpnest.wordpress.com/board-basics/ (How to for sigis, acronyms, and more) If you get flamed, don't DD. It just gets everyone more riled up. Additionally, if you apologize for your mistake  all will (usually) be forgotten.
  • Options

for the love of all things that are holy: please lurk, then you would not say the word preggers, seriously are we 5??

also if you are recently off BCP's that will mess with your cycle as well.  read TCOYF (you can find it on amazon) and i would suggest talking to your DR about losing weight.  

• Options
    I forgot to mention that certain terms are considered annoying by many (not all) on here. Prego, Preggers, BD (Baby dancing), and so on are over used and generally not appreicated...it's easier to avoid them than to insist it's really not a big deal.
  • Options

In response to Monkey's post:

Word.

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageM.Monkey.:
    Lurking will teach you young grasshopper. Lurk first, post later. We see the same questions day in and day out. Please at least look through the previous day's posts. If you have BFP questions, you may get answers here or you may get flamed. A better bet is to ask on the 1st tri-board.  If you're not charting, you don't truly know when you're O date is. If you want to chart, go here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/  TCOYF. Read it. https://tinyurl.com/6ka88r https://peeonastick.com/ (For HPT testing, OPK testing, and other random info) https://gpnest.wordpress.com/board-basics/ (How to for sigis, acronyms, and more) If you get flamed, don't DD. It just gets everyone more riled up. Additionally, if you apologize for your mistake  all will (usually) be forgotten.

bwahaha, yours is better than mine!

• Options

imageM.Monkey.:
    I forgot to mention that certain terms are considered annoying by many (not all) on here. Prego, Preggers, BD (Baby dancing), and so on are over used and generally not appreicated...it's easier to avoid them than to insist it's really not a big deal.

I need to add to this that McCauley and Monkey ARE a big deal!

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageMissMcCauley:

imageM.Monkey.:

You make a very good point. ::note to self, add bullet point to previous C&P::

• Options
    imageMissMcCauley:

imageM.Monkey.:

Can I be a big deal too?

• Options
    Abosolutely! In fact, I have several names to add to the list....
  • Options

imageM.Monkey.:
    Abosolutely! In fact, I have several names to add to the list....

Thanks!  

• Options
    Oh, and I know you're far from TTC so please bookmark this post to reference later. GL with the weight loss. It's a real *** isn't it?
  • Options
    Hey - I've sent you a private message.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I answered your post over on BOTB.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options
    hmmmm......good luck
  • Options
    imageMissMcCauley:

imageMr. & Mrs. Woodtick:

Awww, look how sweet you're being! Not letting the term "Preggers" get to you! You're a saint! Angel

LOL, not really.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options

Best of luck with your weight loss journey!  I lost 110 pounds in about 18 months with WW.  I lost a total of 138 or so, but have gained about 18-20 that I'd like to get back off.  It can totally be done!

BMI charts still say I'm obese, but my doctors know that I'm way better off than I was 4.5 years ago.  Congrats for starting!

• Options
    GL to you! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Um, thanks for warm welcome...

I seriously DID NOT write 'preggers' to offend anyone, but that is what several of my friends say, and I personally do not find it to be offensive. So anyway, I just thought this would be a more friendly place. FYI, I have been in here lurking but only actually signed up today. I just thought this would be a 'safe haven' for me to learn and talk with other people that might have more information than I have, and there are also certain areas that I might have researched more than you have. I am not an uneducated person, and I actually have done lots of searching on other sites so I do have an idea of some things, but I like to hear things directly, which is why I came here to hear your stories and what you have gone through.

I am already tracking at www.mycycle.com.

Hopefully things improve.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Goodgal- Take these posts with a grain of salt. Someone posted on this same topic last night, and the day before I'm pretty sure. I was actually just talking to someone about this thru PMs. There is a group of women here trying to lose weight, I think it's GP Biggest Losers, but I'm not sure what day their check in is. There is also the Health and Fitness board, but I personally have not found much in the way of info there, more like a ton of recipes and reviews for workout dvds.

If you'd ever like to talk, or if you'd like me to network you with some of  the other overweight women here trying to shape up, send me a PM. Also, this late, and on NYE, there probably weren't a ton of people who could share their stories with you. During the day or early evening might work better. Just remember that people are mainly snarky about the "preggers" thing because we hear it all day long, same with repeated questions. It's nothing personal, and please don't take it as this board doesn't have nice people, cause it certainly does. Good luck to you!

• Options

goodgal I'm sorry you got that welcome, I don't mind the term "preggers" either.  Good luck with your journey, I hope you find your answers!

• Options

Thanks guys... I appreciate your comments. I am a member on some other message boards and each one seems to have their own rules, likes, and dislikes. I will try to refrain from using any 'cutesy' type phrases on here in the future.

I was just trying to introduce myself and my situation in general, and let it be known that I'd like to  hear other stories. I am not really asking for help with weight loss or anything right now. I've got a good plan in place and am working on that. Although, I am sure I would love to have that support system in place as time goes on. :)

When I was looking around the boards here, I didn't see this exact topic, but I am sure it does exist and I am aware you probably do get lots of similar comments and questions. I can see how that could get annoying, but again, I didn't see the topic (there are a TON of sections on here with so many pages each) so I am sorry about the repetition.

Anyway, I also wasn't expecting to get any super fast answers or comments. I was thrilled to see that there was even one response, so I am grateful for that.

Happy New Year, Everyone! :)

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Happy New Year! And, if/when the time comes that you do want support, there will still be a ton of people here on that same journey, I'm sure. All I can tell you personally is that I am trying to lose weight before TTC, around the same amount as you. There are a few women here who are overweight who have successfully conceived, but none have given birth since I have been here, atleast. It really is different for everyone. Some doctors are concerned about it, some aren't. Mine wasn't, but she did say that losing weight will help with ovulation. I also don't want to have a difficult pregnancy, or be an out of shape mom, so that is why I am working on losing weight. Again, good luck, and even though you aren't TTC yet, don't be a stranger. There is a lot of good info here that you may be able to use later. Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"