Pregnant after IF
Options

Old faces in new places. (Really random)

So I went into the hospital for my cerclage on Thursday. Made it through the procedure just fine and was sitting in recovery sipping my orange juice when who should appear.... My RE!

Seriously, he just popped up like a jack in the box outta nowhere. Turns out he was tending to a patient with complications in the same area of the hospital when he saw DH in the waiting room. And he got upset, wanting to know what we were doing back in the hospital since he knew I wasn't far enough along to be having this baby. I've been a patient so long, with such a bad history of bad things happening. DH laughed and told him we were there for a good thing- to sew baby in and keep it safe- but that it had been a couple of hours since they'd let him (DH) in the back and he was starting to get worried.

So the doc came on back to recovery to check on me, give me a high five on keeping this baby cooking, and admired the MFM on my chart (Best in the city, wouldn't have picked anyone else for you!), and did a little dance when I told him it was a girl. Then he went back out and reassured DH that everything was going great and they'd get him back to see me in just a few.

I still wish that I could keep my RE until delivery. Not that I don't like my OB/MFM (they're great)- but after years of IVF and testing and losses- my RE is pretty awesome/special. :)
Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
 Dum spiro, spero.

Re: Old faces in new places. (Really random)

• Options
    That's so awesome that you got to run into your RE! I got to see some of my nurses from the RE last week and it was really cool. We spend so much time with them and they don't usually get to see the results of their work!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love that our REs mean so much to us. This must have felt great!
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ThereBeDragons!! I totally missed that you were pregnant. And with a baby girl too! So many congratulations! I'm so happy to see you posting, and I hope the cerclage goes well.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Options
    Your RE sounds awesome!  That's so great that he bumped into YH and was kind enough to check in on you.  

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"