Food Allergy

Scared of Sunscreen

My DS is 22 months old. While we have all his numerous food allergies in check, I'm so scared about trying sunscreens for his face. He has eczema outbreaks, the red itchy patches that flare up randomly. We bought babyganics to try. It was only yesterday, so not sure if there'll be a reaction yet. Any suggestions? He has wheat, egg, peanut, vanilla, chocolate, and coconut allergies. Thanks!

Re: Scared of Sunscreen

• aandgaandg member
    We've always used California Baby sunscreen and have never had a problem with skin reactions. My son has eczema and my daughter has eczema as well as food and environmental allergies. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try it first on an arm or a leg. That way if there is a reaction its not on his face. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My 9 month old just had a terrible reaction to Alba Botanica sunscreen, which is on most lists for safe sunscreen. He can use the Coppertone Baby just fine, but I am trying to find a oxybenzone free sunscreen. My kids always seem to react to natural products but do just fine with the overly chemical stuff. It makes trying to find better/safe products rather difficult.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• I was at the pediatrician for my son's reaction. He told me to use one that only has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as active ingredients as those are inert and incredibly unlikely to cause any reaction.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• LuluRMLuluRM member
    Try badger balm, or order non nano zinc oxide off of amazon and make a batch if DIY sunscreen (Pinterest has lots of recipes). The badger balm is available at whole foods and is non-nano zo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"