April 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: meet the husbands

1235»

Re: GTKY: meet the husbands

• Options

@Mamamadi - your husband looks like Colin Farrell.  :D

Haha he gets that a lot! And Johnny Knoxville... I think he's pretty dreamy haha.
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    cfthoct292011cfthoct292011 member
    edited December 2013
    @jennypenny1014 he just might...i thought he was over it but our new neighbor takes classes too and i think he wants to start up again.

Oh and his brother used to teach martial arts.

Edit: sp

P.s. you and your DH are adorable!
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. He's a HUGE baseball fan... loves playing, watching, eating, sleeping, BREATHING baseball.

2. We're the same height.. actually he's 1/2" taller than me

3. He's LOVES chips... any flavour... or as he calls them "chippies"

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary 

mean_girls_35345 
      image image
  • Options
    1. He's the same height as me.
    2. He's the "fun uncle" who buys the messy gifts. Guess that will end up biting us in the butt...
    3. He eats more meat than I ever seen people in general eat.
  • Options

Sorry, i'm late to the game! It's been fun reading about everyone's SO's! We are lucky ladies!!

1. He is the hardest working person I know, gets up at 5am and sometimes doesn't leave work till 10pm or later. He runs his own business and is so talented at what he does! He also has a second job in the summer. I never hear him complain about it!

2. He loves extreme sports and is a sponsored wakeboarder, so we try and live at the lake in the summer which I miss desperately right now!

3. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know, he really loves me and his little girls to be so much. His parents have told him they are proud of him maybe like twice in his life (he started his business at age 16..) as well as maybe that they love him and their 10 kids about 10 times in their whole lives... (My family is very loving and endearing, totally opposite) But he is so affectionate with me!! I love it, he's going to be the best daddy!!

4. He is so skinny and has a natural six pack. Never been to a gym before and eats garbage all the time, his favorites are sour patch kids, cinnamon bears, Mountain Dew, red vines, milkshakes, popcorn, chick fil a, and sour punch straws!

5. He wears vans every day even to church and our wedding day ha.

6. He could fall asleep anywhere, anytime, any circumstance even if the president/movie star was in the room he'd have no problem taking a nap in front of them. Sorry I did 6!!

Ps. He LOVES tomatoes, avocados, and salad... Only after he lived in Chile for 2 years!

In response to number 4.... My hubby is also super thin and eats like crap!!! Haha it's all about pizza and mcdonalds with him and yet he maintains his "natural six pack" and 140 pound weight. Drives me crazy! Haha
    YCSWU
  • Options
    MadBloom said:
    Sorry, i'm late to the game! It's been fun reading about everyone's SO's! We are lucky ladies!! 1. He is the hardest working person I know, gets up at 5am and sometimes doesn't leave work till 10pm or later. He runs his own business and is so talented at what he does! He also has a second job in the summer. I never hear him complain about it! 2. He loves extreme sports and is a sponsored wakeboarder, so we try and live at the lake in the summer which I miss desperately right now! 3. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know, he really loves me and his little girls to be so much. His parents have told him they are proud of him maybe like twice in his life (he started his business at age 16..) as well as maybe that they love him and their 10 kids about 10 times in their whole lives... (My family is very loving and endearing, totally opposite) But he is so affectionate with me!! I love it, he's going to be the best daddy!! 4. He is so skinny and has a natural six pack. Never been to a gym before and eats garbage all the time, his favorites are sour patch kids, cinnamon bears, Mountain Dew, red vines, milkshakes, popcorn, chick fil a, and sour punch straws! 5. He wears vans every day even to church and our wedding day ha. 6. He could fall asleep anywhere, anytime, any circumstance even if the president/movie star was in the room he'd have no problem taking a nap in front of them. Sorry I did 6!! Ps. He LOVES tomatoes, avocados, and salad... Only after he lived in Chile for 2 years!
    In response to number 4.... My hubby is also super thin and eats like crap!!! Haha it's all about pizza and mcdonalds with him and yet he maintains his "natural six pack" and 140 pound weight. Drives me crazy! Haha
    Haha I am so glad I am not alone! Drives me crazy too! He likes Mcdonald's mcdoubles- I don't understand... DH weighs 130 right now! Our boys are skinny! I am only 10 lbs away from weighing as much as him now!  
  • Options
    @jennypenny1014 he just might...i thought he was over it but our new neighbor takes classes too and i think he wants to start up again. Oh and his brother used to teach martial arts. Edit: sp P.s. you and your DH are adorable!
    Awww thanks! :)  You two make a beautiful couple as well! ;) You're frickin gorgeous!
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    1.  We met at work in 2008.  I was a police officer for a local PD and he was a deputy sheriff for the county.  He backed me up on a traffic stop and I thought he was super weird.  LOL

2.  We balance each other out nicely.  He is very laid back, not much of a planner and doesn't worry.  He calms me down when I need to be. 

3. I can honestly say that without him the last 5 years, I am not sure where I would be without him.  I lost my father and grandmother within a year of each other, we've had several pregnancy losses and I have had a couple health scares.  He's been so supportive.  I am not saying he is perfect, we have our issues, just like anyone else, but when it comes down to it, he always has my back.

Here's all three of us at my our Reveal Party 11/17.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. My DH is serious when necessary,but isn't afraid to be goofy, which I love.

2. I married a man who is a worse morning person than I am. It's seriously "blind leading the blind" in the AM when we really need to get up.

3. He loves giving me hugs and never goes a day without saying "I love you." I consider myself extremely lucky.
  • Options
    Mamamadi said:
    1) he's a plumber, and the smartest and most handy guy I know. He will go out if his way to help anyone fix anything they need.
    Plumbers are awesome!  I've read a few private studies that address the shortage of skilled plumbers available in certain areas, and it's a big problem where it exists (think about the reality of building a new house, for example, and having to delay construction for weeks upon weeks waiting for plumber availability). 

It's incredibly smart to become a plumber these days. 
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    1. He is the biggest hottest nerd I know. Loves Superman, pokemon, anime, magic etc.
    2. He is an EOD (bomb squad) tech for the Army and he loves every minute of it.
    3. He has the best voice ever...I love it when he sings. He also loves to make up his own dances and bc of that he is usually EXTREMELY popular at any bar/night club we go to.
  • Options
    1. We have known each other since middle school, became best friends over a year ago, and became an official couple in February (finally)

2. We are hardcore nerds, talking dressing up as hobbits at the double feature Hobbit event.

3. He always has a hat on, sometimes even in bed. 
    June A14 siggy challenge: Best TV Dad
    Maes Hughes- FMA
  • Options
    @MadBloom and @nessabeers my husband is the same way!  He barely weighed 120 in college, and he ate twice as much as I did!  His metabolism has slowed some since then, but he still loves his McDonalds too :) I've accepted that he is destined to be the skinny one in our relationship - it's just not in my genetics to be that skinny and be healthy  :P

• Options
    1. He is an avid skateboarder

2. He always opens the door for me

3. He grows a beard like a wild man but the poor guy doesn't have any hair on his head.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was so fun reading everyone's posts, I thought Id join in!
    1. He is the hobby king, he has more hobbies then any person I have ever met. The crazy part is hes good at all of them!
    2.  He is huge into cars, he was the one who taught me how to drive a manual (it actually didnt go as bad as i thought it would)
    3. He is a wonderful cook, there can be nothing in the house and he can make s full meal! 
  • Options
    This is a wonderful idea:

1. I've never met any cattle rancher as nice to his cows as he is. (Which also means many of our cows are almost pets).

2. The whole concept of "naps" for an adult is totally alien to him.  I blame his parents.

3. He is very, very witty - makes me laugh hard.  But one of the funniest things is how funny he finds himself.  It makes his relatively lame jokes way funnier.
  • Options
    moonsparklesmoonsparkles member
    edited December 2013
    This was us in England last year - flew over to visit family for Christmas.  Pretty bad that this is the most recent photo. It was a long way from Montana, both physically and mentally.
    pic.jpg 154.7K
  • Options
    LindsayPDXLindsayPDX member
    edited January 2014
    I'm a little late, but here goes:

1. As a child and teenager he was an accomplished theater actor and vocalist.
    2. In high school (before I knew him) he would dress up as an old woman to buy beer. Apparently it worked every time!
    3. He is the kindest and funniest person I have ever met. He can make anyone feel relaxed and happy.

Bonus couple fact: We've been together since we were 18...15 years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My domestic adventures blog.
  • Options
    nessabeersnessabeers member
    edited December 2013

@MadBloom and @nessabeers my husband is the same way!  He barely weighed 120 in college, and he ate twice as much as I did!  His metabolism has slowed some since then, but he still loves his McDonalds too :) I've accepted that he is destined to be the skinny one in our relationship - it's just not in my genetics to be that skinny and be healthy  :P

@Eireyes how old is he now? Is it bad that I am a little excited for his metabolism to start slowing down?! I have to convince people that I actually feed him! Maybe when the girl's are born he'll mellow out on the sweets and want more hearty meals.
  • Options
    1) we met rock climbing so he tells people he found me under a rock
    2) we grew up 20 minutes apart but met half way across the country. It makes trips home to see family easy!
    3) he's a mechanic...so my truck is never going to die. I love my truck :)

• Options
    @Eireyes how old is he now? Is it bad that I am a little excited for his metabolism to start slowing down?! I have to convince people that I actually feed him! Maybe when the girl's are born he'll mellow out on the sweets and want more hearty meals.
    @nessabeers He just turned 30 yesterday! And no, you're not bad at all - I tease him about it and he knows I'm happy it's catching up to him.  Changing the diet is the hardest part for him; his mom never made him eat anything growing up because she had the same tastes, so I'm fighting 20+ years of bad habits...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"