June 2014 Moms
Options

Gliders

Have they been discussed? 

I really want to start buying some of the big ticket items for the nursery. The crib and glider are the most important things to me. Any recommendations? 
 TTC#1 Since April 2011 
BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
BFP #2 10.1.13
EDD June 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: Gliders

• Options
    PBK Swivel Glider if you're looking to splurge. It was our one indulgence and it's amazing.
  • Options
    I'm getting one for the nursery, but unsure of what one.. so I'll be watching this, too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a dutailier. Pricy but I think worth every penny. Charlie is 13 mos and I still use it every day. Love it!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Found a brand new, unused dutailier glider on Craig's list for a third to half of the retail price! Definitely worth a glance and sooo glad I found it!! Can't wait to use it!! It's in amazing condition!
  • Options
    I had a dutailier but never really used it - so sold it for a steal on Craig'sList ;)  For rocking, it worked better for use to wrap baby and bounce/sway on a $10 exercise ball.  And I never used it for nursing as the bed or a regular chair were more comfy for me.
  • Options
    We were on a pretty tight budget when I was pregnant with DS, so we bought this one from Target:

https://www.target.com/p/delta-children-s-products-bentley-s-series-glider-and-ottoman-set-brown/-/A-12821350#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=glider

It was easy to assemble and has held up amazingly well.  We still use it every night.  My only complaint is that the seat cushion is not very "cushy" anymore, but daily use for 3+ years will do that!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would recommend going to the store and sitting in a bunch of them and considering the features you want in one - like, gliding, rocking, reclining, all of the above, etc. before starting to look around for a specific one. If you're shorter, you might want one with a narrower profile if you plan on breast feeding in it and all that. I just keep hearing from all my momma friends to put the most research and store "testing" into the glider because you'll spend so much time in it.
  • Options
    If you will consider used, I found my glider on craigslist. It is a good brand and way cheaper than I would have paid otherwise!

Agreed!  I found mine on Craigslist too... a mom who was getting rid of her pair of gliders and paid her $30 for two of them.  No smoking, no pet home in great shape and super comfortable.  I doubt they're name brand but they work great.  The only thing I didn't like was the color of the cushions so I made covers and problem solved!  We keep one in DD's room and one upstairs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I second the PBK swivel glider, it's heavenly. I spent SO many hours nursing my daughter in that chair and it was worth every single penny. Plus, after it's done being a glider, you can take off the attachment and it's just a comfy chair. :)

Married 6/28/08, TTC 7/10, BFP 11/30/11! Charlotte Rose born on 8/4/12! TFAS 8/13, BFP 10/14/13! Lori Anne Catherine born on 6/13/14!

• Options
    @emandjp I didn't know the attachment comes off! I do like the rocking. Decisions!
  • Options
    I've been doing heavy research on these. I can't afford PBK prices but, love the look of upholstered gliders. The ones I've found on Craigslist get snatched up too quick. I'm debating between a few from Walmart and now I'm debating between a rocker and a glider:any recomendations?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Relax-Colby-Swivel-Glider-Dark-Taupe/26765920
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Relax-Hadley-Double-Rocker-Dark-Taupe/26765919
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Mod-Rocker-Taupe-with-Light-Legs/23497016
    https://www.target.com/p/nursery-works-sleepytime-rocker/-/A-14258666

• Options
    Thanks. Our town sucks and we really don't have a baby store. We are going to Toys R Us because they have a small nursery section, hopefully they have some chairs.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I am not a big fan of the wooden ones, so we opted for this one with the matching gliding ottoman from Babies R Us and I LOVE it. I nursed DD in it constantly, and we still use it nightly to read books before bed. I highly recommend getting one with an ottoman that also glides.

I really loved the PBK ones, but couldn't justify spending all that money.  

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Options

I have a cheapo Target one with padding on it (seat, back, and arms).  C hated it as a baby, so I BF on the couch.  She loves it now and we use it for bedtime stories.  Because we didn't use it a lot when she was little, it didn't matter that it was a cheaper one and it's lasted us a long time.  The only thing I want done to it is a little WD-40 to quiet a squeak or two before this baby arrives.

That said, if I had the money, I'd have totally gotten a way more expensive, nice, recliner looking option.  The ones that look like arm chairs have a glider bottom.  I covet those. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    We just got home from running around to stores that might have baby stuff. We struck out. Target is the only place that has ONE glider, but I don't like it. We're either going to have to drive a couple hours to actually look at gliders or order one and hope that it is comfy. I am so annoyed. 
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"