High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Salami & eggnog

bingbongsmamabingbongsmama member
edited December 2013 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Been craving these 2 things lately (not together lol). I'm typically super careful about not eating deli meat, hot dogs etc. wondering how everyone else feels about it? Or what their ob has said?

Also, eggnog has egg yolks in it, but are they raw/undercooked? IDK if its safe to drink while pregnant?

Re: Salami & eggnog

• Options
    My doc told me no mystery meat. no salami, sasausage, hot dogs, bologna, etc. Egg nog I'm not sure about
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Options
    I got egg nog that was pasteurized from the grocery store. I assume this is safe to drink. It is the unpasteurized, homemade stuff with raw eggs that I stay away from.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor was very laid back only thing on my no list was unpasturized cheese and raw fish.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got egg nog that was pasteurized from the grocery store. I assume this is safe to drink. It is the unpasteurized, homemade stuff with raw eggs that I stay away from.

That's what I'm thinking. I eat mayonnaise and that has raw eggs in it.

Haven't eaten either yet, still too unsure. I'm going to ask MF doc at my app on Monday.
  • Options
    I haven't been told specifically 'don't eat....' My RE mentioned the obvious-cut back on (or completely out) caffeine, be smart about sugars. She mentioned lunchmeat being linked to listeria, but she basically said be smart about it. I have had cold lunchmeat a few times this pregnancy. I just made sure I bought it, it stayed cold, and never had a chance to warm up. I stayed away from anything that should have been cold, that turned warm. (Potato salad, meats, etc) Whenever you wonder about things you can/can't do/have, it's always best to ask your own doctors. Some doctors say things are ok, some say NO to the same things.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    Eggnog from the grocery store is ok (it's got to be pasteurized) just no homemade stuff with raw eggs. I was so excited when this was clarified for me!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"