Preemies
Options

When did your 33-35weeker come home?

Hello ladies!  My question is pretty simple...I'm trying to get a reference point for how long my little girl might stay in the NICU.  I got the steroid shots at 31wks, so her lungs should be doing better.  Her birth will be planned due to all the contractions I'm having.

Re: When did your 33-35weeker come home?

• Options
    my son was born at 34wks 2days and was in the NICU for 18 days.  he also had a steroid shot at 30wks and never had breathing issues (just eating issues). 
    imageimage

• Options

DD born at 32 weeks and a few days came home at 34 and a few days.

Every baby is different tho and girls mature faster than boys and white boys are the slowest to mature. Not sure what your having or your ethnicity just FYI.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My twins were born at 32 weeks and were in the NICU for 14 days.  They had the shots and were on room air the first day.  They started eating 6 days later and we took them home on day 14.  Good luck!
  • Options
    DS was 34.5 weeks.  I did not have the shots and he required CPAP for 2 days and then oxygen for another day or two.  After that we just focused on eating.  He was in the NICU for 12 days.  Best of luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD was born at 33 weeks 4 days and stayed at the NICU for 11 days.  I got the steroid shots at 31 weeks.
  • Options
    DD was born at 34 weeks exactly.  It was a total surprise that my water broke, so no early intervention was done.  That being said, she came home after a week in the NICU.  She really only stayed in the NICU for 3 -4 days and then was put in the 2nd level area for the remainder of her stay.  She was a feeder/grower as they called it.  Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Your baby will probably just be a feeder/grower, but keep in mind that all babies are different.  Some 33/35 weekers are in the NICU for 6 weeks.  Depends on the issue that are facing.  I wouldn't plan on having your baby home until your due date & then if your baby comes home earlier, it will be a nice surprise!  :)
  • Options

Our babies were born 35w. 1d. and spent no time in the NICU. No steroid shot. Both stayed in the room with us all 4 days too. They are all different and I wish you the luck that we had!!!

• Options
    My son was born at 33w1d. I received the shots at 32 weeks. He never needed any breathing help but had jaundice and was a feeder/grower. He spent 21 days in NICU.
  • Options
    hailiehailie member
    DS was born at 33w 2d & spent 11 days in the NICU. He did not have steriod shots and was really just a feeder/grower.  Like the pp's have said plan for her to stay in until her due date, but I hope *fingers crossed* she will come home before that!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I recieved the steroid shots at 33w2d and my girls were born at 34w5d. They were both in the NICU for 11 days until they could eat and gain weight on their own.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our girls were in the NICU for 11 days. ?They were feeders and growers.
  • Options
    I did not get the steriod shot and DD was a 34 weeker. She was in the NICU for 12 days.
  • Options
    my twins were born at 32 weeks and 2 days- I didn't have the steriod shot because my pregnancy had been "normal" until the night I went into labor.  One of my boys came home at 26 days and his brother is still in NICU (it's been 30 days).  Hopefully he will be joining us soon
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"