Pregnant after 35

Probably just worrying for nothing .....but

I am 21 weeks anf 5 days.  I have been feeling little flutters of movement off and on since 17 weeks.  They have been very inconsistant and happening mostly at night and first thing in the morning.  About 3 days ago I started feeling more movement and it has been all in one area.  Still happening mostly at night and in the moring with some random strong movements thrown in during the day.  I have even felt them externally.  Today LO has been very quiet with a twinge here and there but nothing like it has been the past few days.  I was not alarmed because I had read that is how it goes with early movement.  I say I was not alarmed, but then a friend said that once she felt her babies the movement never slacked and that I should really be careful and watchful of the movements. She brought up a friend who lost her baby at 21 weeks.    I told her that since I have fibroid tumors my OB said I might not even feel the baby move.  I think the baby has probably changed positions and is geared more toward the fibroid areas so I haven't felt it.  Just for my peace of mind I was wondering if anyone else has felt strong movements then they slacked up or ceased for periods?  Like I said I wasn't worried until my friend decided to put her two cents in. 

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: Probably just worrying for nothing .....but

• This happened often when I was pregnant with DS over 16 years ago. Even as I got further along. I don't think its that unusual
    BabyFruit Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mom to a 16 year old boy too!! 
    Me: 36-PCOS DH: 34 All good. TTC #3 since 2/12. IUI's 1st BFN, 2nd  BFP: 9/22/12...M/C 11/6 10wks 1day.....3 more rounds of IUI Feb-April '13 all BFN.
    Started taking Femaprin & Milk Thistle Aug '13, then added Metformin Sept '13......Surprise BFP 10/26/13!!!! The first time in 10 years that we got a BFP without infertility treatments!

• Happened to me all the time. My OB said to drink orange soda and lay on my left side if I got worried. DD would get sugared up and give a swift kick. It's not unusual. Every baby and every mom is different. I've just started feeling kicks this time around (I'm 17 weeks), and now I go a couple days between feeling anything. Orange soda and/or jalapeños seem to work with this bean.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry your friend had you worried! 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I would begin ignoring your "friends" remarks.  Yes movement is erratic at 21 wks, and our ability to feel it.  Remember your lo is only about 1lb!  Those are tiny little limbs kicking, turning, etc!  Most obs don't have kickcounts start until 28 weeks IF they even do them anymore. 

Trust your body, drink a cold beverage and lay down for a while if you are truly concerned give your dr a call. 

Best Wishes for a Wonderful Pregnancy!

• Thank you ladies!  It is nice to hear input that isn't gloom and doom :)  Movement has still been very irradic and light but there is movement.  I think I was just getting spoiled to those few days where LO was situated where I could feel him/her.  Love feeling the movement  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"