Babies on the Brain
Options

Am I crazy?!

So my husband and I started TTC about 4 weeks ago.

This past Friday, we walked into our local teriyaki joint to pick up dinner and the minute I walked in there, BAM...it hit me - I wanted to throw up! The smell in the place made me sick to my stomach! Off and on over the weekend, I have been nauseous, I cannot stop peeing & this morning I felt very sick, but never threw up.

Am I crazy or should I be listening to my gut instinct & listen to my body - I honestly think I'm already pregnant! I'm really trying not to think about it too much, I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet, but OMG....!!! This soon!?!?!?

Fertile much!?!?!?

What do you ladies think? Am I crazy?

Re: Am I crazy?!

• Options
    luvmygirls22luvmygirls22 member
    edited December 2013
    You should def test :) Let us know.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So my husband and I started TTC about 4 weeks ago.

This past Friday, we walked into our local teriyaki joint to pick up dinner and the minute I walked in there, BAM...it hit me - I wanted to throw up! The smell in the place made me sick to my stomach! Off and on over the weekend, I have been nauseous, I cannot stop peeing & this morning I felt very sick, but never threw up.

Am I crazy or should I be listening to my gut instinct & listen to my body - I honestly think I'm already pregnant! I'm really trying not to think about it too much, I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet, but OMG....!!! This soon!?!?!?

Fertile much!?!?!?

What do you ladies think? Am I crazy?

Yes, you are crazy....because you think a bunch of Internet Strangers, who know absolutely nothing about you, your cycle, and your uterus, can diagnose pregnancy remotely.

Pee on a stick.
  • Options

Wow. A bunch of negative Nellie's here.

I was thinking I'd get some responses regarding how you felt prior to even taking a test, trusting instincts, etc.

This will probably be the last time I post here.

Thank you for making me feel like crap.

• Options

I was thinking I'd get some responses regarding how you felt prior to even taking a test, trusting instincts, etc.

You only asked us one question, if you are crazy. We answered.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

If I had "trusted my instincts" with regard to pregnancy symptoms every time I thought I might be pregnant, I'd have like, 30 kids by now.  However, I've never been pregnant, so obviously my "symptoms" were either PMS or psychological.  The only way to know for certain is to take a test (if your period is late) or wait for AF to show up.
  • Options
    I left my uterus goggles at home. Everyone is different and has different symptoms. Take a test. You're probably not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Wow there is a lot of negativity here.....I am getting down to my last days on pcp and I think I would be just as excited if that happened to me.....sounds promising but don't get your hopes up until you take a test! Let us know how it comes out!
  • Options

OK, so I take it I'm not the first, nor will I be the last, to turn to a forum dedicated to women just like myself.....hence the title of this board - "Babies on the Brain" - However, I don't think the negativity is necessary. This is my first time posting on this website, EVER and I sure hope that all the other boards & members aren't as judgmental and rude as some of these responses I've gotten.

Thank you to the couple of responses that were actually, oh, I don't know....NICE?!  

• Options
    I promise, that's supposed to have appropriate spacing. :kicks mobile:
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Hey, @BallSox, good to have you back, you heartless, evil (realistic, honest) Internet Stranger.  ;)
  • Options

" If she is coming off of bcp, the first few cycles off of them can be torture on your body, both in phantom symptoms and in irregular cycles/ovulation."

Which I'm not, by the way.

• Options
    Imagine people kept coming up to you, asking you the same question that you have no idea to. At first you are polite. But eventually it wears you down and you become irritated. Eventually you get snarky, even though that person has no idea that you've been asked this question so many times. that's what is happening here. Maybe if people would lurk instead if just coming on here all "omg am I pregnant?!" then they wouldn't have to put up with the snark.
  • Options
    BallSox said:
    You say negative, I say realistic. It can take a healthy couple up to a year of well-timed sex to become pregnant. The odds that she started exactly four weeks ago, ovulated perfectly on time, had well timed sex and the fertilized egg actually implanted, is very low. If she is coming off of bcp, the first few cycles off of them can be torture on your body, both in phantom symptoms and in irregular cycles/ovulation. Additionally, my pregnancy symptoms in no way translate to her experience as each of us not only inherently unique, but our bodies process the hormonal shifts of early pregnancy differently as well. The best and most helpful piece of advice has already been given, take a pregnancy test. If the typical person if pregnant enough to experience any of the traditional pregnancy symptoms, they should have enough hcg in their system to create a positive pregnancy test result. The original poster was merely asking a rhetorical question, trying to bait internet strangers (whom she perceives to be as gleefully ignorant as her) into saying something along the lines of "{squeeze!!!!11!!!} you're totes preggo! I had the same thing with each of my numerous pregnancies!!!" And the majority of these posters will not feed into her fishing (for blind support and congratulatory messages) but will rather be blunt with her. And for the record, the comment about being ooh so fertile (or however if was put) can also be very hurtful to people.
    While I can understand this comment, we also need to understand that newbies are just that: newbies. They are excited. I'm not even a noob and I'm excited. Yes, there are those of us who aren't as fertile as bunny rabbits. But an untested noob doesn't deserve to be downtrodden by the masses because she is excited. I am simply saying let the joy be joyful while it can. I know that my joy has been shortlived after the loss of a pregnancy, and it was heartbreaking. Let's focus on the happiness we CAN create. 

And if I would have called her names, I'd agree. If someone doesn't point this out to a newbie, they will never realize the hurtful reality of such a statement. By this logic, we should feed I to her ignorance and encourage it. Not helping someone become more educated in a topic that they apparently have an interest in doesn't sound very helpful at all. My comment to her about that statement was meant to be educational, not insulting. Many others would not be as nice down the road. Forgive me for wanting to spare others the pain and her the embarrassment later when someone calls her out for such ignorant statements.
  • Options
    If you have to ask...
  • Options
    I've been puking all morning and I didn't even think about being pregnant. I figured I have the flu or the large burrito I ate yesterday didn't sit well. It is going to be a long road if you analyze every symptom each cycle.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jags8 said:
    Imagine people kept coming up to you, asking you the same question that you have no idea to. At first you are polite. But eventually it wears you down and you become irritated. Eventually you get snarky, even though that person has no idea that you've been asked this question so many times. that's what is happening here. Maybe if people would lurk instead if just coming on here all "omg am I pregnant?!" then they wouldn't have to put up with the snark.
    Ladies....this was a message posted on a board - not sent to your personal e-mail address. If the post doesn't apply to you, move on and comment on one that does. Again, the OP, and myself are "newbies" and EXCITED about this new change in our lives. Sorry if some of you seem to have fertility issues - maybe you should be on a board more closely related to that than just "babies on the brain." Like the OP I have felt like a POS after some responses I've seen - I thought the point of this was to bring people together to feel better not worse. I hope all the members aren't like these negative nancy's -even if you are having issues getting pregnant it doesn't mean you need to be rude and spiteful to someone that may very well have an easier time than you. If you can't take reading comments from excited newbies then maybe this isn't the place for you.
  • Options
    Pee on a stick tomorrow morning and you will get an answer. If it's negative and you're still convinced you're pregnant, wait longer and repeat the process.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Jags8 said:

Ladies....this was a message posted on a board - not sent to your personal e-mail address. If the post doesn't apply to you, move on and comment on one that does. Again, the OP, and myself are "newbies" and EXCITED about this new change in our lives. Sorry if some of you seem to have fertility issues - maybe you should be on a board more closely related to that than just "babies on the brain." Like the OP I have felt like a POS after some responses I've seen - I thought the point of this was to bring people together to feel better not worse. I hope all the members aren't like these negative nancy's -even if you are having issues getting pregnant it doesn't mean you need to be rude and spiteful to someone that may very well have an easier time than you. If you can't take reading comments from excited newbies then maybe this isn't the place for you.

If you can't take responses that aren't all "omg maybe you ARE pregnant! Squeeeeeeeeee! Puppies and rainbows!"...then maybe these forums aren't for YOU.
  • Options
    Jags8 said:

EXACTLY! I agree with you, msheppard0831 !

And as far as freaking out over every little thing and analyzing each cycle - I'm pretty damn in tune with my body. I'm healthy, I have never been one to have serious cramps, crazy periods or anything of the sort. I'm not analyzing every single thing each cycle - I'm feeling things I've never felt before.......so like I said before....that gut instinct? This is what I'm referring to. And ya know what, if I am pregnant, then it'll be an OMGOMGOMG moment....if I'm not, I'll keep trying!

I know 1 thing is for sure - this is the LAST time I post on this board. This is the exact opposite of the responses I thought I would get where everyone had "Babies on the Brain!"

To everyone that was actually respectful - I wish you the best of luck!

• Options
    Clearly. If you are offended by the point I made to find a board suited to your experience then have fun trolling the internet. I'm going to go out and enjoy my life and find encouragement from some people who can be happy for others at the same time as hating the universe whatever issues they have. I'm just starting out and if I find that I have trouble conceiving I certainly wouldn't continue posting on a board that's title gives the impression that its exactly for that - people starting out with "babies on the brain." The statement was simply this - if you need support related to fertility issues - then maybe a board SPECIFIC TO FERTILITY is a better place for you. If you think thats rude - its not, as one of you put it earlier - its realistic.
  • Options

One last thing I keep forgetting to mention -

My comment in my OP "fertile much?!?!" has nothing to do with anything regarding anyone with fertility issues, this was not meant to offend, as it was to make light of how quickly I am feeling this way and the very thought of becoming pregnant this soon......I'm sorry to have offended anyone but I personally do not think that was an offensive comment in any way.

• Options
    Wow there is a lot of negativity here.....I am getting down to my last days on pcp and I think I would be just as excited if that happened to me.....sounds promising but don't get your hopes up until you take a test! Let us know how it comes out!

Glad you're laying off the angel dust while TTC. 

Pretty much all of OP's symptoms could also be PMS symptoms, so they aren't indicators of pregnancy.  I have had so many symptoms over the years and had cycles that i just knew I was pregnant, but got a BFN.  The only time I was pregnant (after IVF #2) I had no symptoms at all.  I was convinced that it didn't work.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    car seat said:
    Jesus. I get it that some of us have fertility issues. I get it that some of us have some long, dark mommy forum issues. But she said she didn't mean anything by it, and obviously she is new here. Can we cut her some slack? Or do some of us like to take out their aggression on the new people just because they have nothing better to do?
    I'm so glad you joined a few days ago so you can tell everyone else how to behave in a community they've been part of for years.
    Wow we get it - you are a little controlling about your message board on the internet!!!! It's so ridiculous that you feel like you own this board because you have been here for years. Move on with your life then - myself and the OP came here for the very reason that we are new to this. 

I'll take this opportunity to go start my own board for people that actually are close to the same stage of this process. I've been married for a while now and in a relationship even longer - I don't go troll message boards for newly engaged couples and tell them all about how wrong they are for being excited for the relationship the bride will have with her mother-in-law - because in my (terrible) experience with mother-in-laws - we'd all be better off without them. Those message boards are for another (long-passed) time in my life and its pointless for me to go troll them now so many years later. 
  • Options
    Calling it a mommy world is also a dick move. Jesus, the newbs are saying we are rude and hateful, but they are talking out of their asses and being way more insensitive.

News flash BOTB=/= newly TTC. BOTB=babies on the brain. Meaning people who think of babies. There are several people in various cycles of TTC, TTA, parenting, etc. I can bet a lot of the people who post are thinking of a baby or child at some point. If anything we should push the newbs to TTC.
  • Options

I would stop hanging out here immediately if the non-newbs stopped posting. That sounds like the biggest snore ever. And I've only been here like 6 months.

imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't realize this board had someone's name on it. The "newbs" come here because we aren't to the point of dealing with adoption, fertility, ivf, etc etc. If that's where you are in life then post on those boards and don't be shocked that newly-TTC people want to participate here and are simply EXCITED at the prospect of adding to their family. Spread a little more love - it's not your job to school anyone here - it should be about sharing experiences for support not about who the cool kids in high school are who knows how to say and do everything the "right way." 
  • Options

I didn't realize this board had someone's name on it. The "newbs" come here because we aren't to the point of dealing with adoption, fertility, ivf, etc etc. If that's where you are in life then post on those boards and don't be shocked that newly-TTC people want to participate here and are simply EXCITED at the prospect of adding to their family. Spread a little more love - it's not your job to school anyone here - it should be about sharing experiences for support not about who the cool kids in high school are who knows how to say and do everything the "right way." 

Honey, you are missing what everyone is trying to tell you. This board isn't for one group of people. It is for everyone. This board is one of the most supportive boards I have found. If you will pull your head out and grasp that everyone post here, you might see what we are saying. You have to give to get. You are pointing us in a direction that you don't even know the first thing about. We do post on those boards as needed. If we are being honest here, you should go to another board. There is a board for newbs and a board for TTC. Both can be supportive and helpful. It's all in what you make of it.

Stop being an insensitive twit.
  • Options
    Jags8 said:
    Aren't you sweet?  These posts don't get snarky responses because all of us bitter infertile people can't handle the fact that other people have an easier time getting pregnant.  They get snarky responses because no one on the internet can tell you if you are pregnant.  The symptoms are the same as PMS.  Also if you are truly having pregnancy symptoms, then you should be able to turn a HPT positive.  So instead of polling internet strangers as to the status of your uterus, you should just take a test.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Seriously, it isn't the bump without some but hurt news telling everyone how morally upright hey are and how pathetic the rest of the board is. If you wanted to talk about ttc, wouldn't you check out "ttc"? Botb is such a vague term because it's such an umbrella of a board. Seriously though, a lot of ttc (ime) is the blind leading the blind. I came to Botb because it was such a wealth of diversity and I knew I wouldn't get anything but the truth here (from anyone worth listening to). I'm thinking back to a lot of newbs who were receptive enough to actually say "hey, you guys are right" and those people stuck around to be really awesome members. Go start your own board, it's been done before and every time, it crumbles in dramatics within a year (usually a lot less). Why? Because people are so damn fake that they just swallow what they really feel and eventually it explodes. But you know, your board will TOTES be different.
  • Options
    What the fuck is going on here?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"