Babies: 6 - 9 Months

cold & groups of people

My parents invited my dh, me, ds 3 yrs & dd 6 months old to a rodeo to watch my brother compete. I would love to go but its soo cold here & even tho the arena is heated I feel like I shouldn't go. I want to go but dd is soo little & I dont want her around hundreds of people during the cold & flu season. Plus she falls asleep at 6 which is before it even starts.
I told my mom this & now she's all acting weird. I just dont want a sick baby or kiddo.
My family thinks I'm over protecting & have mentioned it before.
Am I being crazy?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: cold & groups of people

• About the getting sick.... There's going to be lots of places you take your baby that you can't control or know if someone is sick ( ie: grocery shopping)....

But because of the time alone, I'd skip it. DS throws meltdowns when he's tired.
  • Yes I totally agree on getting sick other places. But I also mentioned the time too. Hopefully they understand. My brother doesn't care if I'm there or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't go. My vote.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• I wouldn't go based on the bedtime.  We are tied to her bedtime and although it is inconvenient to others at time, it works for her and works for us, so we stick with it.

I'd pass.

• For the cold and worried about cold germs, maybe consider a carrier or wrap. If your LO sleeps in one of those (mine certainly does not!), then even better. I get super grossed out about germs at the grocery store, but having her in my Ergo helps a lot. She stays nice and warm I there too!

That said, def don't go to please others. I've turned some things down, and will be doing more of that over the holidays too. Anytime I've caved to pressure from someone else to do something (like keep LO up through nap time so she could eat with us at Thanksgiving), it was a huge fail. So ive learned my lesson the hard way! Your a mom first now, and people gotta respect that! :)
  • Thank you ladies!! My mom will get over it. I would wear her but dd doesn't like it now & wont sleep. She will keep herself up to to see what's going on.
    Its been so cold here like a high of 28° & I just hate getting dd out in it let alone myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If your gut is telling you not to go, don't go.  We credit DD not getting sick so far in her 8 months of life to the fact that we haven't been around large groups and we're lucky to have our mothers as our daycare.  Better to be safe than sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"