2nd Trimester
Options

Haven't gained any weight

I'm 17 weeks pg and had my check up yesterday. I haven't gained any weight since my last months appointment. And since becoming pregnant I've only gained 5 lbs. this is my second pregnancy and by this point I was up nearly 15 lbs. (gained 45 in total). Anyone else very slow to gain the baby weight?

Re: Haven't gained any weight

• Options
    I didn't start gaining weight at all until my second tri, I was 133 before pregnancy until 16 weeks, at my 20 week appointment, I was up 4 pounds and my doctor is confident everything was fine. Now I'm almost 28 weeks and up about 13 pounds total, so I'm sure you'll get there!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks and haven't gained anything yet, although I am so bloated I look like I have!

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD I lost 15 lbs from m/s and didn't gain any until about 20 weeks. I was about 20 lbs overweight to begin with.
    With this one I've lost 5 lbs and have maintained that. I'm 18 weeks now. I started out flirting with the line between overweight and healthy according to the BMI.
    At my last appointment we briefly discussed it and I told her I was taking in 1500 to 1600 calories a day and she said that was fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm fairly skinny and I'm at 17 weeks with only a few pounds gained...I definitely am showing, but when it comes to weight, it doesn't add up... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was convinced that I'd gained a few pounds in first tri but at my 14 week appointment, I weighed exactly the same as I did at my 10 week appointment, which was only up a pound from before I got pregnant. The doctor wasn't concerned.

I'm just coming up on 16 weeks now. My appetite has been increasing so I'm hoping to see more of a change at my 18 week appointment but not stressing about it. Follow your body's cues and as long as your doctor isn't worried, no need for you to be.
  • Options
    Im 5'4" and was about 130 pre-pregnancy. I'm 18w2d, and I've only gained 2 pounds in the last couple of weeks. My appetite has come back full force, so I think it'll be fairly easy to gain the recommended amount by the end!
  • Options
    I'm also 17 weeks, or will be tomorrow .. I have gained 2 pounds so far .. with my first child, I gained 20 pounds total .. how much weight you gain usually depends on your pre-pregnancy weight .. 
    image Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Don't worry about it. I've only gained 3 pounds so far. My OB isn't concerned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i am only up 2lbs since i found out i was pregnant....dr said not to worry:)

• Options
    I'm 17 weeks and have only gained 3 so far. Doctor said she isn't concerned but if I'm still not gaining by 20 weeks she'll want me to try protein shakes to start gaining a little.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only up about 1.5 lbs at 14 weeks. With my last pregnancy, I was so sick for the first few months that I actually lost 10 lbs in the first trimester. My OB has never been concerned. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm just 13w, but I've only gained about three pounds. I was overweight to begin with, so I've been careful not to go nuts with food, but I'm also not "dieting."

I think it's fairly normal at this point, esp. if you lost weight due to m/s at the beginning.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually lost 6lbs my first trimester. I am now 14 weeks and I only gained what I lost so it's like I didn't gain anything with the pregnancy because I am right back where I started! My OB didn't seem concerned though
  • Options
    I have only gained back what I lost in first Tri due to nausea + 1 more pound. I am already on the chunky side (194 lbs) now. My MW said not to worry unless baby was also not growing at the right pace. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    FTM. I'm 22 weeks, at my 18 week apt I hadn't gained any weight, due to MS, I went back to my pre-baby weight as soon as I could eat again lol.   We went on a babymoon to SF, and I ate bacon everyday for breakfast, and so much rich delicious food, I gained 8lbs, at least that's what my scale said.  Yesterday 22 week apt, I was only up 5lbs from my original weight.  Everyone I have talked to said they gained most of their weight in the 3rd trimester.  Who knows, I'm hoping not to gain more than 15 overall. Good Luck ladies!
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks now and have finally gained 2 pounds.  I was worried until I realized just how much muscle mass I'd lost to "fat" gain because I can't hit the gym like I was.  Baby looks healthy and I'm doing okay, so I'm going with it.  
  • Options
    Yep, I've only gained 1 lbs so far at 19w1d.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    My first pregnancy, I was up just 1 pound at my 20 week Level 11...in 17 weeks, I gained FIFTY-TWO pounds....that's right, 5-2!  A lot of it was pre-e symptoms...but STILL, it was LARGE and in CHARGE time.

As long as the doc isn't concerned...you are OK.   This time around, I am good ;-)  I am up just 2 pounds at 18 weeks, but I KNOW what could be in store me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"