2nd Trimester
Options

formula on registry

2»

Re: formula on registry

• Options
    Luna CLuna C member
    edited December 2013
    If I saw that on a registry I would think "great they can't afford to take care of this baby" a baby is your responsibility and a baby shower is to celebrate that not pay for your kid for you. Just my opinion

You could say that about every other registry item from a crib to onesies. What's on your registry has nothing to do with the means of the couple. Very wealthy people still do registries.

I plan to put diapers on my registry simply because we don't need much stuff, I'd rather get them than a bunch of clothes I won't need and it's a lower price point so someone on a budget can get a gift and not feel like they're cheap for not getting something fancier.

To the OP: I'm not sure I would put formula on because of the issues with expirations dates/allergies, but its not an etiquette issue.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NicoleNielsen59 I didn't register for my crib or anything over $130 because unless its the grandparents offering to give a gift like that then I would never expect anyone else to pay that much for a baby gift. I would also assume a crib or anything along those lines on a registry to be there for the immediate family to buy. 

Why assume just immediate family? I registered for a crib with my 2nd cuz the one I had got destroyed in a move and 4 of my friends went in on it together. I was shocked and very appreciative.

A friend of mine got a VERY expensive stroller from her crew at work. They had raised enough for a gift card, realized the amount covered the stroller and got that instead to save her a trip. Definitely not expected, but very welcome.

And as others have noted, you get the completion discount on whatever people don't buy -- no one who budgeted $50 for your gift is going to feel pressured to spend $200 just because you have a few more expensive items on your list.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    edited December 2013
    Laurendag said:
    It's like arguing with a brick wall. A back tracking brick wall with reading comprehension issues.
    Eh, just let her hoard $150 worth of formula and then find out that her particular baby projectile vomits on her "preferred" formula even though she researched studies about milk allergies in the population of Australia.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone's baby, but it happens more than 7%* of the time.  That will show us for maybe suggesting it's not a great idea for multiple reasons.

*made up percentage that pertains to a completely separate issue
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    If I saw that on a registry I would think "great they can't afford to take care of this baby" a baby is your responsibility and a baby shower is to celebrate that not pay for your kid for you. Just my opinion

well, that's silly. Everyone who would be looking at my registry already knows we can afford a baby. If you register for a crib, i wouldnt think, oh they dont have enoufgh money to get the baby a cribb
    Well let's put it this way, would you register for food when you register for your china or blender for a wedding?  I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say no.
    I registered for Oreos and a case if beer for my wedding. It was more if a joke than anything but I got it. And a bag of Doritos.

My husband did register for fruit snacks at Bed Bath and Beyond. I received them at my bridal shower.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"