May 2013 Moms

Baby at Target

I was at Target today with DH & DS, when this woman pushed a shopping cart by me.  I saw something in the seat, length-wise - it looked like doll.  But as I looked closer, it was a baby, probably about 3-4 months old, laying length-wise in the seat part of the cart, on a blanket.  The baby's arm/hand was sticking out one of the leg holes.  

I was shocked.  Has anyone else ever seen anything like this???
Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

Re: Baby at Target

• Yeah and I don't see the big deal. If A sleeps in the cart, that is how she lays. I am right there and lay a blanket down. I first heard of this from other mom friends.
  • Loading the player...
  • She probably has a convertible car seat and is not a baby wearer. I wouldn't do it...hence the reason i have a bucket seat, but I think it's a decent way to improvise before you have a sitting up baby. I'd probably use a cart cover with another blanket inside of that to block the holes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2013
    No..... But it doesn't seem like that big if a deal?
    This
    I third this.  As long as baby is not at risk of falling, I don't think it's a big deal.  Unless the baby is in danger, I always try to give the benefit of doubt to the parent.
  • I wish I would have thought of something like that sooner! Grocery shopping with an infant has always been a challenge for me. B doesn't like to be in the Bjorn for too long, and putting the infant carrier in the large part of the shopping cart takes up too much room.  Now that he's almost sitting up without support, I don't think it'll be a problem for much longer.
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • I guess I can see how that could work with the seat cover or a blanket covering the whole seat (covering the leg holes), but the blanket was just on the bottom (a thin one).  I would've never thought to do something like that lol!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• I had to do it before. She wasn't sitting very good and I forgot the carrier and NEEDED to get a cart of groceries. I just blocked the holes by flipping the seat up and used my jacket and a thick blanket to make it comfy. She was happy as a clam. I didn't see the issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"