Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Preseed

Hi ladies, I've run across a lot of promising information about preseed, and am considering using it when we start trying. However I was wondering if anyone here has personal experience with it.

Is it as an effective lubricant as it claims to be? Positives? Negatives?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Preseed

• Options
    We like it and use it even when we aren't ttc. It's our lube of choice. Lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    We use it and like it. It's not sticky, but not super slippery. Well worth the money!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're not regular lube users, but we use this one during the FW.  We like it and a little goes a long way.
    Don't worry, I'm working on it. 

• Options
    Ok so I have been wondering do you have to use that applicator? That is the one thing that has made me hesitant to buy it.
  • Options
    We used it and liked it. As PP said a little goes a long way! I thought it as nice to have around during my FW when I didn't have much EWCM of my own

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok so I have been wondering do you have to use that applicator? That is the one thing that has made me hesitant to buy it.
    We didn't.  We just used it like regular lube.  The applicator seemed a little too clinical for me!
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    Haha Emelee, that's awesome.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

You don't Have to use the applicator, I only do if I know I'm in my FW and haven't seen any of my own CM.
  • Options
    We bought some and used it during my FW last month and got pregnant. It was only my 3rd cycle so who knows if it helped. I miscarried and we are planning on using it again during my FW from here on out. I agree with PP a little goes a long way. Which is good. It's expensive!
  • Options
    Can you only get it online? I thought I saw someone post that they got some at target. Of course I was there today and totally forgot to look.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nswain85nswain85 member
    edited November 2013
    We use it when we need a little bit extra. A little does go quite a ways though and the tube will last you a while so it's definitely worth the cost. I've read that it's suggested to use about the amount of a size of a pea and that the suggested amount to use with the applicator is just waaay too much. Good luck! Edit: we got ours at Walgreens for about $20

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

• Options
    We just started using it this month too. I really like it. I do use the applicator and use it about 15-20 mins before we DTD. I like it because I don't usually have much CM, and at least if I use the preseed, the little guys have something to swim through to get where they are going. lol. We usually use about 1.5-2g. I got mine online from Target.com. With my redcard, I got 5% off and free shipping, so it was right at $19. I've seen it at Walgreens and CVS too.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the good info.  It sounds like I will be making a trip to the store soon!  The website says it's pretty much at all the major chain stores.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We used it when TTC the first time. I bought it at cvs but that was two years ago! I still have half a tube left but it expired in July and I'm fighting with my cheap self to buy a new tube. It's pricey and I don't know if it's truly bad:/
  • Options
    lwoehlk said:
    Can you only get it online? I thought I saw someone post that they got some at target. Of course I was there today and totally forgot to look.
    Nope it's at Target too, but I haven't heard of it in any other brick and mortar stores. Target was cheaper than ones I saw on Amazon though.
    I got mine at Walmart.  It was a smidge cheaper there.
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    We used Preseed last Sep and I got pregnant right away in October.  However, I miscarried 2 weeks later.  I am doing preseed again this time (usually put it 15 - 30 min before DTD).  I like that it's not too slippery and I don't have much CM on my own either so it helps.
  • Options
    We bought it and use it without the applicator, but only during fertile days. I prefer other lube the rest of the month. Use less than the box suggests!
  • Options
    I was interested in trying it but then my sister in law told me it has parabens in it. I checked the ingredient list and sure enough! There they are. Huge bummer, but I don't use anything on my body that has parabens (or petrochemicals, triclosan, phthalates, sulfates, etc) so I really don't want to put anything that has them all up IN my body either! Just a personal preference. 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"