October 2013 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Not sure if this would work for others, but when LO is fussy and I want to take a bath (I'm not a shower person) I will take her in there with me. Or at least for part of the time. I know others on here so showers together to, but I'd personally be afraid that I would drop her.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Lhand11Lhand11 member
    edited November 2013
    elllaf said:

Lhand11 said:

Moms who say they don't have time to shower are just lazy. Not feeling like it is another story. I roll my eyes when I hear they haven't showered since (blank)day.

This annoys me because my kid hasn't stopped crying for more than a minute all day today, unless she's stuck to my boob. I left her in her crib crying just so I could brush my teeth and hair.

Agreed. It's 4 pm here and I have had LO in my arms since 730 last night.
    It's not laziness. It's being a parent and my son's needs are greater than mine. And it's not lack of trying to put him down. He wakes up everytime within 10 minutes (today it was 4) and I'd rather eat something before I die than shower and be worried he is crying.
    I'm glad you have an easier baby @Lhand11 but chill out with your UO...its FFFC day.
    True it was more of an UO. I realized that after I wrote it. Yes my baby fusses and I have a 22 month old. I make time for a shower.

ETA: I put DD in the RNP and the shower acts as white noise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Doveyluvr said:

sleepy33 said:

Lhand11 said:

Moms who say they don't have time to shower are just lazy. Not feeling like it is another story. I roll my eyes when I hear they haven't showered since (blank)day.

This annoys me because my kid hasn't stopped crying for more than a minute all day today, unless she's stuck to my boob. I left her in her crib crying just so I could brush my teeth and hair.

Yeah, obviously OP does not have a fussy baby that needs to be held every second. If my H were not around, many days I wouldn't get a shower.
    This. All of this. When I first read the OP, I almost cried. I'm glad I'm not the only one who might be showerless sometimes. :/

I feel like such a failure most days, because I had all these ideas of what I would do on my maternity leave, and I'm lucky to get a load of laundry into the washer/dryer... They usually stay in the dryer.

I'm sorry... I didn't mean to almost make you cry... I should have kept it, what is really an UO, to myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm the ass hole mom who didn't want to play pass the baby yesterday so we skipped the trip to the in laws. LO gets super fussy around 5 every night and of course that was when they wanted us to come over. DH made a turkey and we had my sister and a few friends over then crashed and LO got to stay in her comfy sleeper in the evening and we could manage her fussyness at home. Sorry, not sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still haven't sent out my thank you cards from my baby shower in September.. In my defense his mom was the one to write down who each gift was from, and was too busy talking to other people to get the names right and barely wrote down what the gift was, so I have no idea how to personalize these "thank you"s
    I haven't sent mine out either. Money has been ridiculously tight and I haven't been able to pay for stamps. Such an embarrassing excuse, too. 
  • missgpsu said:

I don't know have to GIF on here.  I feel like an October Mom fail.  Don't hate me :-P

I don't either. I've tried to figure it out, but since I'm mostly mobile, I know it's definitely operator error!
  • Sometimes in the middle of the night when LO is just starting to make hungry noises, I will just quickly feed him a bottle without taking him out of the RNP. He is barely awake and generally goes right back to sleep. No burping, no snuggling. I always feel sort of bad, but sleep is hard to come by these days. :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Still haven't sent out my thank you cards from my baby shower in September..
    In my defense his mom was the one to write down who each gift was from, and was too busy talking to other people to get the names right and barely wrote down what the gift was, so I have no idea how to personalize these "thank you"s

I sent about 70% of them out and have felt guilty about the remainder but at this point it looks like I'll just have to take one on the etiquette chin.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @tmccord21 me too! Totally loving Michael! And my daytime tv consists of Kelly & Michael, Rachael Ray, The Chew, & Soapnet
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Inn2 said:
    1. I -hate- zombie movies/am afraid of them. And I love horror movies and books, just keep the zombies.

2. I've never seen the movie Alien. I'm not a big fan of things that bust out of the human body either.

3. I am petrified right now of SIDS, now that he is 2 months old and lay awake staring at his video monitor most of the night. He hates his bassinet and loves his crib. I'm debating getting the cosleeper, after all, just to move him back into our room. H already refused to try and squeeze the crib in our room. :(

4. I am having way more crazy dreams PP then I ever did pregnant. Like crazy graphic ones that are so weird that I'm disturbed when I wake up! Between that and staring at the monitor, I don't think I get any restful sleep!

Edit: Sleep deprived mind forgot to put iPad spaces in!

iPad spaces? What magics do you speak of!?
  • Edit: Sleep deprived mind forgot to put iPad spaces in!

If you use the bump ap then you don't have to put spaces, otherwise you need to put: br in between < > these bracket things.
  • Inn2 said:

If you use the bump ap then you don't have to put spaces, otherwise you need to put: br in between < > these bracket things.

Good to know for when I'm on my iPad thank you!!

• NRyan55 said:
    Still haven't sent out my thank you cards from my baby shower in September.. In my defense his mom was the one to write down who each gift was from, and was too busy talking to other people to get the names right and barely wrote down what the gift was, so I have no idea how to personalize these "thank you"s
    I haven't sent mine out either. Money has been ridiculously tight and I haven't been able to pay for stamps. Such an embarrassing excuse, too. 
    How many cards do you have to send??
    Not even that many, really. Maybe 25. It's really embarrassing. But when it comes down to it, I've had to decide between paying bills, buying food, or buying stamps. And DH doesn't like when I talk about how tight our money situation is. 
  • NRyan55 said:

Still haven't sent out my thank you cards from my baby shower in September..
    In my defense his mom was the one to write down who each gift was from, and was too busy talking to other people to get the names right and barely wrote down what the gift was, so I have no idea how to personalize these "thank you"s

------------

Not embarrassing, stamps are ridiculous!
    -------
    $11.50 isn't ridiculous to thank people for giving you gifts and celebrating your new baby. Maybe buy one less amazon lightning deal.

(Btw I totes stole your quote line thingy)

Right? And phone calls are free. Even thank you emails would be better than no thank you at all. Or you could hand deliver them to the guests that are local.

So many possibilities, so few good excuses for not doing it.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • NRyan55 said:
    Still haven't sent out my thank you cards from my baby shower in September.. In my defense his mom was the one to write down who each gift was from, and was too busy talking to other people to get the names right and barely wrote down what the gift was, so I have no idea how to personalize these "thank you"s
    ------------ Not embarrassing, stamps are ridiculous!
    ------- $11.50 isn't ridiculous to thank people for giving you gifts and celebrating your new baby. Maybe buy one less amazon lightning deal. (Btw I totes stole your quote line thingy)

I'm screwing up the quotes, but the shopping I did on Amazon today was done with gift cards I had saved up, that I had earned through a rewards site. I didn't spend a dime. 

I do have a few extra dollars this week so I will be sending out my thank yous. I already feel awful that it's taken this long, I really do appreciate the gifts we received. 
  • Ive spent $200 this week upgrading and adding to my cloth diaper stash. My dh doesn't know yet either. Meh,. Good prices and needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• MosyMama said:

I'm the ass hole mom who didn't want to play pass the baby yesterday so we skipped the trip to the in laws. LO gets super fussy around 5 every night and of course that was when they wanted us to come over. DH made a turkey and we had my sister and a few friends over then crashed and LO got to stay in her comfy sleeper in the evening and we could manage her fussyness at home. Sorry, not sorry.

My LO is set in an evening fussy time streak, and I wish we could skip Xmas eve dinner at my IL's for that reason, too. He cluster feeds, and I either have to listen to him cry pathetically or deal with accusations of hiding LO while I BF all night. Obv I will deal, but people can be shitty about it, and I would love for him to be content being passed around.
    My son was the same way and I learned how to say "you don't breast feed him so you don't get a vote on the 'hungry or not' question" in German VERY fast.

• I know it's Saturday and I'm late to the party, buuuuut sometimes when DH sleeps in and I'm up with both kids, I don't stop our toddler from going in to wake him up. (DH has been working some overnight shifts, I don't let him sleep in normally, we share parenting duties...)

Even when he did the majority of the night shifts last night after I BF DD. We're in the middle of a growth spurt and I'm tired and want the help.
  • Inn2 said:

1. I -hate- zombie movies/am afraid of them. And I love horror movies and books, just keep the zombies.

2. I've never seen the movie Alien. I'm not a big fan of things that bust out of the human body either.

3. I am petrified right now of SIDS, now that he is 2 months old and lay awake staring at his video monitor most of the night. He hates his bassinet and loves his crib. I'm debating getting the cosleeper, after all, just to move him back into our room. H already refused to try and squeeze the crib in our room. :(

4. I am having way more crazy dreams PP then I ever did pregnant. Like crazy graphic ones that are so weird that I'm disturbed when I wake up! Between that and staring at the monitor, I don't think I get any restful sleep!

This sounds like postpartum anxiety.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SnoopyLuv said:
    kirbabe said:
    I don't think anyone should ever judge someone for not being able to afford something. You don't know their situation. $11.50 has a different value to everyone. For some, it's food money for a week. And furthermore, I think it's still within ettiquette timelines to send TYs by 3 months. Is it best to send them right away? Maybe. But better to send a little later, than not at all.
    Here's my take on it, if you wanted to send them, you'd send them (not you - the general you) and complaining about not having $10 while on an internet message board that you're probably accessing from your $100/mo plan smartphone doesn't earn you any sympathy from me. I know I don't know anyone's situation in full, but I'm willing to bet they're not at the library using free internet to post here.

Totally agree. I'm willing to bet that you could find $11.50 or $1/week extra if you cut out some "luxuries". I'm talking about packing your lunch for a couple days, not buying Starbucks, or eating out. Generally there are places to cut costs. Maybe if this was a reoccurring bill or more than $11.50, but come on! I'm pretty sure you could find a way if it was a priority.
  • 1. I -hate- zombie movies/am afraid of them. And I love horror movies and books, just keep the zombies.

This sounds like postpartum anxiety.

I appreciate the concern :). However, I don't believe it is that severe. I don't have any other signs and am still very able to appreciate all the good stuffs and fully function in the daytime...though don't trust my sleep-deprived brain! I think it relates more to just how badly this child was wanted and still the disbelief it actually happened for me. SIDS just being something they still don't fully know the cause of, bothers me a great deal. I don't worry or stress over any of the other things that might happen. As to dreams, not sure, why I dream so much lately but, while they can be disturbing, they aren't all nightmares...just so vivid! Hopefully, this too shall pass.

Worry kind of is my nature. I also miss people before they are gone, too.
  • When I see moms that FF post about how they have "shifts" at night or how their DH has baby duty for a whole night I get a little jealous. I know I lucky to be able to EBF but holy crap I could use a break like that. Especially on nights like tonight where LO has either been on the boob or screaming for the last oh....six hours. :-S

Pump a bottle. Problem solved. ;;)

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• On night 4 of the 6 week growth spurt, I took DH up on a previous offer to do this.... Left them with the 20 oz stockpile of expressed milk and slept nine hours.
  • @amjoy25
    He's been eating so often I am lucky to get one pumping session in a day and then I only get 2-3oz. :-< I have yet to to work out the logistics but if I do it's on!

• I'm bitter and angry that I had surgery and missed thanksgiving lunch and Black Friday shopping. The only hilight was watching the Macy's thanksgiving day parade stoned on Norco in my pajamas with my mom seeing to my every need. I felt fine. Just wanted a break.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2013

Still haven't sent out my thank you cards from my baby shower in September..

Dude, your shower was 2+ months ago and you can't find $10 for a thing of stamps?

Soooooo you don't flame someone for being lazy and not sending them out, but you do flame someone who is honestly struggling with money?

Smh-clearly you have never been there. Have a little comparison.

:::damn broken quotes:::

Keep shaking your head and passing judgement. Actually, I have been there. But I had enough sense to sit down and find a way to save the money I needed by cutting out little extra's. It's really not that hard when you work hard to find a way. Eating out for one less meal, not taking any extra drives just to get out of the house so I could save on gas... A little goes a long way and she's had two months to figure it out. A lot of people went out if their way to buy her, I'm sure, pricey baby things so she didn't have to find the money for those - whether it be a burp cloth or a baby swing. If she can't even afford stamps I'm sure she could not have afforded what was gifted to her and the people who stepped up and graciously provided what she couldn't deserve at a minimum a 45 cent stamps.

ETA: she could also send everyone an email. Those are free. There is no excuse to not thank someone. You figure out a way to make it work.
    Funny thing about Amazon is they sell EVERYTHING, even stamps...

https://www.amazon.com/Forever-Stamps-Liberty-Bell-Booklet/dp/B0011XVPUE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1385905602&sr=8-9&keywords=stamps

-------------

Not sure how that fits in here.. Access to stamps wasn't anyone's issue.
    ----------------------
    She mentioned she was shopping on Amazon the other day, which was brought up in this thread, but with GC's. So it is relevant.

• kirbabe said:

I don't think anyone should ever judge someone for not being able to afford something. You don't know their situation. $11.50 has a different value to everyone. For some, it's food money for a week.

And furthermore, I think it's still within ettiquette timelines to send TYs by 3 months. Is it best to send them right away? Maybe. But better to send a little later, than not at all.

Totally agree with the first part of your post, but if money is so tight that food comes before stamps, then why is having an expensive data plan/smart phone/computer with internet service a priority? Our cable/internet/cell is around $300/month for Dh and I, and if things were tight, I'd cut that down to bare minimum before I had to make the decision whether to by stamps or food.
    Maybe it isn't her decision though, since it seems her Dh might be in charge of $.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"