High-Risk Pregnancy

Weirdness today, and a ? re: mucus plug (possible tmi)

I'm 37 weeks today. I went into work and felt..icky. I went to the bathroom and lo and behold, there was a glob of blood colored, snot looking stuff. I told my boss who promptly sent me home to go to the dr. Yadira yadda, dr says it was probably my mucus plug, but I was monitored and was having painless contractions. I spent 9:30 - 3 pm at labor and delivery and fetal assessment. They finally sent me home after determining that the placenta is good and the baby is fine, but breech now. I'm nervous that I'm still a little early and I'm afraid to lift anything or go back to work. Anyone else sent home after something similar?

Re: Weirdness today, and a ? re: mucus plug (possible tmi)

• 37wks your baby is full term so don't afraid to be active. Usually woman give birth 1-2wks after losing their MP. I loss mine 36wks and was induced at 39.2days.. Don't loss sleep over it. It doesn't meant anything... Enjoy your final days :-)
  • Your full term. Its normal for you to go into labor anytime, I am surprised your doctor had you go in for that. I work in l and d and we don't really pay attention to If someone lost their mucous plug and they are full term or close to it. It doesn't really mean a ton because they can regenerate. With that said some ppl go into labor a few hours a few days or weeks after. It just depends. At this point with you being full term you should go into hospital if you have decreased fetal movement, leakage of fluid or a gush of fluid, consistent regular contractions that start to become increasingly more painful as time progresses. Best of luck to you.

BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • Full term has changed however people use their mp and go into labor with in a fee hours or a few weeks
    :)
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Thank you! My dr didnt actually tell me to come in. Nobody answered when I called, it was busy, so I just went. I have other issues too like high bp and gd, so im at fetal assessment all the time anway. Still waiting lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"