Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How much does your 4 month old eat all day?

How much does your 4 month old eat? I strictly breastfeed so I am not sure how much he actually gets but I noticed most of the day he will breastfeed only on one side and only for 5 mins and fall asleep. But wake up an hour later for more. Growth spurt???

Re: How much does your 4 month old eat all day?

• Could be a phase! He might also have a sleep deficit, eats enough to take the edge off, falls asleep, wakes up, wants more.... vicious cycle.

• 6 to 8 feedings 2.5 to 4 hrs apart. He takes in about 3.5 oz of breastmilk (I do weighed feedings at times) for about 15 mins.
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 to 8 feedings usually 3 hours apart, 2 of those are 4oz bottles while I'm at work. He usually nurses 25 min, sometimes all on one side or sometimes 15 on one, 10 on the other. Last feeding of the day is usually 40 minutes. I've never done a weighed feeding.
  • Mine eat 6x a day. They will BF from anywhere from 10-40 min depending on their mood. Babies get way more efficient as they get older so they can drain a boob in a much shorter amount of time.

I work, so they get 3 BM per day on those days.

• Emma usually gets 7-8 bottles in a 24 hour each about 3 oz.
    _____August BMB January Siggy Challenge___
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 09/2011 * BFP 12/1/13* DD born 08/02/13 // TTC#2 10/2013 * BFP 12/22/14 * EDD 08/30/15

Anniversary

• My DD is 4 months and will eat 20-24 ounces in a 24 hour period.
    <Lilypie First Birthday tickers> <Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers>
  • My DD takes 3 5 oz bottles while I am off at work. I nurse her prior to work, once when I get home from work, and one more time before bed. Usually she nurses for almost 20 minutes and I am thinking she is getting close to 5 oz each time since I am able to pump that much each 20 minute session at work. If that is the case, then she gets 30 oz a day at minimum. Sometimes we have two sessions before I leave for work. So anywhere from 30-35 oz a day. We just got the OK to go ahead with the cereal feedings and she is now surprisingly sleeping through the night! We are mixing 1 tbsp. cereal with every 2 oz of breastmilk and she is loving eating with the spoon. Has anyone else started to give their 4 month old cereal? My DD is currently 16 lbs 2.5 oz so she is more than ready (staring at us while we eat all the time!)
  • My 4 Month Old also only nurse 5 minutes on one side at a time. She eats every 1.5-3 hours day and night. 

When I am at work, she has 3-4 oz bottles every 2-3 hours as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"