Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler throw up when upset?

DS2 has always been very attached to me and since we have two little ones I put him to bed and DH put DS1 to sleep. It seemed to be a good solution for us except now if DH tries to put DS2 to sleep he gets so worked up and upset that he ends up throwing up. He also does this if I leave him with a sitter.

I'm not sure what to do. DH thinks he is doing it on purpose to get my attention. He is 23 months old so don't know if he just associates throwing up with getting my attention.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Thank u!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Toddler throw up when upset?

• Does he have a lovey, special blanket, stuffed animal, or something else that might help ease things a bit? My daughter can get herself so upset that she gets sick too. She has a blankie that helps make everything better. It's hard to see them so upset. I think you just need to keep doing what you need to do, and he will hopefully get over it. DD used to get really upset when I left her in the nursery at the gym. The first time, I forgot to leave her blankie with her and she got so worked up she got sick. The next time I made sure to remember her blankie, and everytime it got better. Now she loves going to the gym.

Maybe others will have more ideas?

• He doesn't have a special toy or blanket, but he does have some things he likes, so I will try that!  Thanks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"