Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Lots of questions about weaning/eating/WCM...

DS just turned 11 months and we are getting ready to wean him off of a bottle. He is formula fed and drinks about 25-28 ounces of formula throughout the day and is a big eater - eating 3 meals a day with a few snacks. 

Here we go with my FTM questions...
- tips for weaning off of the bottle to a sippy?
- how many ounces is your LO eating a day - is it normal that my DS is still eating so much?
- when did you or are you planning on starting on WCM?
- if you have totally switched to WCM can you go over your daily feeding schedule so I can have an idea to work with?

TIA ladies...I feel like I am a little late with all of this but our routine has been working so well I didn't want to disrupt it. He really loves food but also loves his bottles still so I am looking to get the ball rolling before he starts daycare in January!
photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lots of questions about weaning/eating/WCM...

• Honestly, the whole bottle to sippy/formula to milk thing is the easiest thing ever. I just kept things exactly how things are. I introduced straw cups at 6 months and gave one with every meal. If you haven't done that then do that now, Playtex Lil Grippers are best for learners. At 1 year we just replaced bottles of formula with sippies (aka straw cups) with milk. Eating 3 meals and 2 snack every day is normal at this age.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited November 2013
    - I offer DD a sippy of water with every meal. At first I had to hold it for her but she was able to drink out of it immediately. Never had an issue introducing the sippy.
    - at 11 months DD was nursing when she woke up for the day and bedtime. Had 3 meals and 1 snack a day. Usually 1 MOTN nursing.
    - I started giving DD a sippy of WCM at 11 months. She wouldn't drink it. We tried until the carton of milk was empty, maybe 2 weeks. I just bought another carton of WCM so will try again this week. She's 1 now.
  • Loading the player...
  • - tips for weaning off of the bottle to a sippy? Wean off formula to WCM first, then to the sippy. If your LO is drinking from a sippy just fine and consistently, then you should be able to transition easily. However, if your son is not drinking much out of a sippy, I would get him used to one first and then make the transition to milk, otherwise you might see a reduction in how much milk he drinks.

- how many ounces is your LO eating a day - is it normal that my DS is still eating so much? Right before the switch to WCM, DS was drinking 24-28 oz of formula per day.

- when did you or are you planning on starting on WCM? I started transitioning about 10 days prior to his b-day but didn't finish until a week after his birthday. We went slowly but he actually took to WCM very well.

- if you have totally switched to WCM can you go over your daily feeding schedule so I can have an idea to work with? Once DS was on WCM, we did a bottle first thing in the morning, then breakfast 30-45 min later. Then after his morning nap he got his second bottle and lunch about an hour later. He usually got a small snack before his afternoon nap. After that nap, he got dinner and a snack and bottle right before bed. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Thanks ladies! I am going to begin the transition this weekend with a formula/WCM mix. Excited to save some $$ but not so excited for LO to be growing up so fast!
    photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"