3rd Trimester
Options

Reccomendatios best infant carrier

What do you suggest?

I'm looking at what is best for that itty bitty newborn stage

Comparing the maya wrap, ergobaby and Bjorne. (My friend offered to lend us a moby but I feel like this is way more complicated than I want to deal with).

We have an ergobaby but not the infant insert. I'm considering the maya wrap since it seems less cumbersome and will allow me more freedom to do things but it's pricey. I also see a lot of people with the Bjorne which is cheap and plentiful on Craigslist - but hear it causes a lot if back pain.

Thoughts?

Re: Reccomendatios best infant carrier

• Options
    That's good to know. It's been really hard to find carriers that don't cause potential problems. I will check out the Ktan. And the Moby seems to be pretty popular so maybe I will give it a shot

• Options
    Do not get the Bjorn - terrible for baby's hips and bad for your back.

I loved my ring sling for the newborn phase and Ergo once he got good head control. I did get the infant insert for the ergo this time since I'm having a winter baby and not a summer baby.

I also got a great deal on a Moby wrap so I'm trying that one this time as well.
    A

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not baby worn much yet (my baby is still baking), but I have done a little when babysitting and have done lots of research. DH and I shopped together and tried on some different stuff and decided on the Moby wrap to use until LO is about 6 months (that's the recommendation). Then we are going to use a Boba carrier. We like that it transitions so nicely from infancy through toddler. They now have the new gen 4 (I think that's what it's called) which is better designed to hold an infant and then still transition to toddler.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love the ergo baby carrier.  The infant insert works really well.

• Options
    We loved our ergo. I'm thinking of getting the Ktan as well for the first few months.
    P1170078
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Etsy Shop

• Options
    I caved and got the ergo insert, since DH will likely not wear the wrap. I will probably go with the moby for myself if I can figure the darn thing out! Lol.

• Options
    I agree with @RedheadBaker, the Moby was not really that bad to wrap. There are videos you can watch. I practiced a few times before actually wearing DS in it, and I needed help from DH to get him in the first few times, but after that I was good to go on my own. You'll get used to it quickly!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"