August 2012 Moms
Options

Eating at the table

What is your baby sitting in now? We had issues with daxton early on so we switched him pretty quickly from high chair to booster to a kaboost on a regular chair. Adeline has been content in the high chair until recently. Shes been throwing food. I figured I'd try the booster see if that worked. Maybe she felt too seperated? Dh doesnt think she's ready for it.

What's your kiddo sitting in?
image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Eating at the table

• Options
    DS is still in a highchair.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options

LO is still in her high chair because I know that she is way to squirmy and will fall otherwise.   She has recently began to throw food but I think she is just doing it for attention and she realizes she can throw it.   When she starts throwing it, I take the food off of her tray and feed her, which she doesn't like but she is not going to think throwing food is an acceptable behavior.  

I sometimes don't use her tray, we just scoot her up to the table.   We have the fisher price space saver.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is still in his highchair - we pull it up to the table next to us.  I'm considering taking the top part off and attaching it to a chair and then he can just eat at the same height as us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    High chair at the head of the table. She is also a food thrower which is not in defiance of the chair but a bid for attention or to signal that she is done, so so done, with a particular food.

• Options
    Space saver high chair. To be honest we rarely eat together because of DH's schedule and DS' early bedtime. I usually feed him dinner and then make our dinner while or after he is eating. DH and I rarely eat dinner before DS is in bed.
  • Options
    DD is in a high chair. the space saver type.
    This and he is content. My step son who is very independent, went straight from high chair to chair (on his knees) around 20 months because he hated the high chair and being separated.

Anniversary
  • Options
    cedenton said:

Space saver high chair. To be honest we rarely eat together because of DH's schedule and DS' early bedtime. I usually feed him dinner and then make our dinner while or after he is eating. DH and I rarely eat dinner before DS is in bed.

Us too. I sit with her and have a snack myself though to try and make it more of a social event during the week.

• Options
    DD sits in the high chair.  She dumps her plate or bowl onto the tray so I know she is not ready to sit at the table and eat off a chair.

I feel like if a toddler can eat off a plate, maybe he/she can sit at the regular table?
  • Options

DS sits in his space saver high chair still. He loves climbing up into DD's booster seat, but I don't know if he is quite ready to eat off a plate at the table. He usually does fine with a plate on his tray until the end of the meal, but...

But DD's booster came with straps (not currently on it), so we will probably move DS to it in the next few months since we can buckle him in it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    He sits in a highchair. We all eat at the same time and his highchair just faces us at the table.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Options
    highchair here still too. or my lap.
  • Options
    A cheapo IKEA high chair, she is waaaaaay too short to use a booster seat. She does okay with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"