Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

We have peeing down...how do we get him to poop on the potty?!

Hi ladies,

My son is 2 1/2. After about three weeks of training, he's doing great with peeing on the potty. Every time he has to pee he goes on the potty. He also wakes up dry pretty often. However, he keeps pooping in his underwear! Usually he'll leave the room and if we ask him if he has to go potty he cries and screams and tells us to leave the room. Any advice?! I don't know what to do. Thanks!

dx: hypothalamic ammenorhea & MFI. TTC #1 since 7/09.12/09: DH had varicocele surgery. 5/10-8/10: IUI + Clomid #1-4 BFN, 9/10: IUI #5 + Clomid: BFP!!! Tyler Liam 6/3/11 7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. :) TTC #2 since 11/12. IUI + Clomid #1-2 Clomid: BFN, new RE: IUI + injectibles: BFN. Onto IVF#1 Antagonist: July '13: Estrogen, Provera, Menopur/Gonal/Cetrotide; ER 8/6: 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fert. with ICSI; 5D SET 8/11: BFN :( FET 2 embryos scheduled 9/13: BFP!!! 10/13: 2 heartbeats! Twin boys due 6/1/14!

Re: We have peeing down...how do we get him to poop on the potty?!

• Options
    Sometimes we give our little man a book to look at.  We did the 3 day method and while doing that, we would just sing if he had to poop.  Now he tells us "Mama, I have to go poopoo, can I please have a book?"  He came up with that one on his own and it works!  And while training....we just made him this chart that we hung in the bathroom.  Every time he'd go poop we'd give him a sticker on the chart that he chose.  At 5 stickers, a prize!  He got it after 3 days, so I wish you luck!!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options
    I let LO run naked for a few days and after one or two accidents she started pooping on the potty. I also encouraged her with a 'treat' something she normally doesn't get to eat on a regular basis, it worked for us. Then when she keeps her undies clean & dry and still poops on the potty she gets another treat too. It sometimes takes 5-10 mins sitting on the potty now that she's got everything down. She brings books with her. I tried stickers but they didn't work for us- just melt down on why she only could have one sticker. She had a sticker chart at school and likes seeing that there but at home it didn't work so well
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Candy. She was pee trained great, but still struggling with poop. Totally normal! So we told her she could have an m'n'm for a poop in the potty. In a few days she was 100% comfortable pooping on the potty.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"