June 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday!!

13»

Re: UO Thursday!!

• Options
    I have to come to Starbucks defense. .. It's my favorite and the only place I'll buy coffee. Dunkin's or other brands are like flavored water and gross. I'm really sad that I've lost my taste for coffee recently, though.

MA recently started repealing or at least loosening up the Blue Laws and it makes me sad. People will talk about the seperation of church and state, but who are they kidding?. It is always about money. No one wanted all that revenue going to the NH liquor stores on Sundays anymore.

image        image

• Options
    So many good ones today!

Mine is when people say "butt hurt" which I know is popular around these parts.  

Also- I didn't know there was a distinction between Team Yellow and Team Green.  Something new every day!

June '14 June Siggy "Summer Heat"
    Coming Soon

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of all, I love Christmas... WAAAAAAY more than Thanksgiving.  I hate turkey, I hate stuffing, I hate pumpkin pie.  My family has never really made it a big deal, so I am all about putting up Christmas stuff EXTRA early!

Also, I hate all things BBQ... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    joules235 said:
    jwarnerb said:
    So many good ones today!

Also- I didn't know there was a distinction between Team Yellow and Team Green.  Something new every day!
    I agree with the "butt hurt" thing, when somebody says that I immediately lose all respect for whatever point they are trying to make.

What is the difference between team yellow and team green?
    Team Yellow is Team Sneaky- knowing but not telling.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    lest12 said:
    I have to come to Starbucks defense. .. It's my favorite and the only place I'll buy coffee. Dunkin's or other brands are like flavored water and gross. I'm really sad that I've lost my taste for coffee recently, though. MA recently started repealing or at least loosening up the Blue Laws and it makes me sad. People will talk about the seperation of church and state, but who are they kidding?. It is always about money. No one wanted all that revenue going to the NH liquor stores on Sundays anymore.
    Whether or not that is the "real" reason behind these laws changing, if it truly is a matter of church and state separation, then they SHOULD change.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Options
    SarahS11 said:
    First of all, I love Christmas... WAAAAAAY more than Thanksgiving.  I hate turkey, I hate stuffing, I hate pumpkin pie.  My family has never really made it a big deal, so I am all about putting up Christmas stuff EXTRA early!

Also, I hate all things BBQ... 
    Oh boo. BBQ is so yummy. One of my favorite restaurants is Smokey Bones. Mmm pulled pork. LOVE!
  • Options
    shiggybop said:
    I shouldn't have to work somewhere for a year to be protected under fmla. My dream job opened up and I'm afraid to apply. I know that legally I cannot get fired because I'm pregnant, but if they let me go because I will need ml, that would hinder me getting the jobs I want.
    I interviewed for my current job (which is my dream job) when i was 20w pregnant with my first, I told them i was pregnant during my interview even though I knew I didn't have too, because i feel the best way to start a relationship is with honesty. I was hired at 6 months pregnant worked 3 months then took my 3 months FML. They legally they did not have to give me FML but I asked for it at the time the job offer came and they gave it to me. So don't let FML or being pregnant stop you from interviewing for a job you want. 

"Seriously, it’s like we’re the velociraptors at the end of Jurassic Park circling our prey, and then the Bumpie tyrannosaurs come in and tear some **** up. Except instead of killing us, they eat Joseph Mazzello."-GOMI
  • Options
    jwarnerb said:
    So many good ones today!

I *hate* the phrase butt hurt!! My DH says it all the time just because he knows it bugs me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

lest12 said:

I have to come to Starbucks defense. .. It's my favorite and the only place I'll buy coffee. Dunkin's or other brands are like flavored water and gross. I'm really sad that I've lost my taste for coffee recently, though.

MA recently started repealing or at least loosening up the Blue Laws and it makes me sad. People will talk about the seperation of church and state, but who are they kidding?. It is always about money. No one wanted all that revenue going to the NH liquor stores on Sundays anymore.

Whether or not that is the "real" reason behind these laws changing, if it truly is a matter of church and state separation, then they SHOULD change.  

I'm going to piggyback off of/agree with what @+yummy+ said on this.

I wish they weren't repealed, and I know a lot of small business owners agreed (it's been years in MA). Change the name from Blue Laws if people think it's too close to religion or reword the law. People wanted a day to not 'have' to open to stay competitive. It was nice.

Also, it annoys me that politicians get to look like heroes for repealing a religious law when that isn't their intention.

image        image

• Options
    MNmomofQ said:

shiggybop said:

I shouldn't have to work somewhere for a year to be protected under fmla. My dream job opened up and I'm afraid to apply. I know that legally I cannot get fired because I'm pregnant, but if they let me go because I will need ml, that would hinder me getting the jobs I want.

I interviewed for my current job (which is my dream job) when i was 20w pregnant with my first, I told them i was pregnant during my interview even though I knew I didn't have too, because i feel the best way to start a relationship is with honesty. I was hired at 6 months pregnant worked 3 months then took my 3 months FML. They legally they did not have to give me FML but I asked for it at the time the job offer came and they gave it to me. So don't let FML or being pregnant stop you from interviewing for a job you want. 
    Are you sure you'll need the year? I'm "trying" to start a new job, and just found out they offer fml after the 3-month probationary period, which makes it that much easier for me.

I say, apply. Get all the information you can, and if you're hired, then make an informed decision.

image        image

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    --------------- That's great that they hired you at 6 months pregnant. That's the thing. They legally can't not hire you for being pregnant, but in my experience they don't have to give much reason for going in another direction. That's what freaks me out. Around january is when my job should be offering me the contract for second semester. I'm terrified that if they find out, they might 'have someone more qualified' to do my job. In my mind it's such a sticky situation.
    I would wait until a formal job offer before mentioning pregnancy.  That way, they can't backtrack on you without you being able to prove it was due to your pregnancy.  Also, that enables you to bring up ML in the negotiation phase to see what they will do for you and it can help you make the decision on whether to accept the job or not.
  • Options
    I personally don't give 2 fucks if you drink a soft drink in the morning or coffee!!
    Or if anyone farts in front of their husband...

Married since June 2012
    TTC Baby#1 Since 2012
    BFP 10-11-13 / Saw HB(110bpm) on 11-4-13 / Miscarried @ 8wks (11-18-13)
    Started Charting and TTC again Feb.2014

• Options
    LoHerrim said:
    5) I drive a lifted truck out of necessity. We live in a rural area and paved roads are not everywhere. The truck gets into places a smaller truck or car would not. Although I will say, unloading 120lb bales of hay from it can be challenging.  
    Are you saying you drive something like THIS?  Or just a regular larger truck like an F250 without any additional height modifications?
  • Options
    What is "butt hurt"?? I have never heard that.
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LoHerrim said:
    Oh no, just a Ram 1500 with a 6" lift. But we do have a Baja that is lifted pretty high. But that's a fun toy, not a daily driver. Guess that means I only have a small penis and not a complete innie? Haha
    LOL.  I totally get regular trucks.  My dad has driven one almost my entire life for towing and hauling and it's very practical when you need it.  But a truck like the link I posted...never necessary and just plain stupid.  

This was inspired by the guy in the drive thru when I went to get lunch today...he had to pop the curb to turn the corner, and open his door so he could get far enough down to talk and hand money to the person.  Then he dropped something and had to get out and I swear he had to barely hit 5' tall...little man syndrome?
  • Options

LoHerrim said:
    Butt hurt is like saying offended or upset about something. Yes, it's not very classy. But I like it. Haha i.e. "When I told my mom about my pregnancy, she was butt hurt because I waited weeks before telling her."
    Another one of my favorite's to describe a lot of something is "metric fuck-ton"...super classy, I know...but it definitely gets my point across!!
    February Siggy Challenge - Picture of You and DH. Us with our engagement pumpkins. DH carved each word of "Will You Marry Me" and the date 10/11/12 into five dfferent pumpkins.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mrsgyaraymrsgyaray member
    edited November 2013
    Okay, thought of another...When people say totes, or jelly or omg......it makes my soul sad. 

I only use OMG to abbreviate online. 

BabyFruit Ticker      
                  image                   image

• Options
    My hubby has a lifted truck. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Not as bad as that picture... but its pretty high and has the chrome stacks and is super redneck. Buttt.... He is trying to sell it before the baby comes and it was project during college, but I gotta be honest. I HATE that truck!

Married since June 2012
    TTC Baby#1 Since 2012
    BFP 10-11-13 / Saw HB(110bpm) on 11-4-13 / Miscarried @ 8wks (11-18-13)
    Started Charting and TTC again Feb.2014

• Options
    LoHerrim said:

MonaMuse said:

Butt hurt is like saying offended or upset about something. Yes, it's not very classy. But I like it. Haha

i.e. "When I told my mom about my pregnancy, she was butt hurt because I waited weeks before telling her."

I always thought "butt hurt" was when someone gets bent out of shape over something that is no big deal. i.e. "She didn't get the response she wanted when she asked for opinions and got all butt hurt about it."
  • Options
    LoHerrim said:

LilNunz1 said:

LoHerrim said:

MonaMuse said:

Butt hurt is like saying offended or upset about something. Yes, it's not very classy. But I like it. Haha

i.e. "When I told my mom about my pregnancy, she was butt hurt because I waited weeks before telling her."

I always thought "butt hurt" was when someone gets bent out of shape over something that is no big deal. i.e. "She didn't get the response she wanted when she asked for opinions and got all butt hurt about it."
    Same difference. You can use the expression in many ways. Lately I've been butt hurt when I try to use the toilet. :(

Hahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    I hate this time of year since my husband is a store manager at a local grocery store. He's been working 6 days a week and I feel like I hardly see him. He will not have a weekend day off until the first of the year. Retail sucks.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    I have a new one. I really really don't get the stigma on mini vans. From what I've heard, it represents being 'tied down' or whatever. It just makes no sense to me. They work amazing, they have so much room for families. When people say things like 'I'm too young or too cool for a mini van,' I roll my eyes. It's almost like they'd point and laugh at a dad driving his kids around. 'Haha that guy has a family.' /:)
    I agree 100%. I think mini vans are actually really hot. There is a lot of fun to be had with all that room and roll down seats. It takes date night to a whole 'nother level ;-) 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    LoHerrim said:
    I don't like when people will not let something go. I mean, is it really necessary to bring up something that happened years ago and is completely irrelevant right now? 

Also, I think stores should NOT be open on Thanksgiving. Let people spend time with their family! Being married to a military member and having to give up lots of family time is not fun. I realize it comes with the territory, but retail stores do not HAVE to be open that day. They can wait. You think four extra hours is going to make that big a difference in the scheme of things? But then again, our sad, sad society is too focused on their stuff instead of what really matters.
    I guess the crux of it is I'd be more annoyed with the customers shopping those days, not the stores for being open.  Then again, I do not understand Black Friday shopping at all.  I've done it once, at like 3 in the afternoon, and the deals are just not good enough to deal with that kind of crap, let alone the crazies that get up super early to be there when stores open.  
    My sister just informed me that our thanksgiving dinner must happen before 2 so she can go Black Friday shopping at 6pm THANKSGIVING NIGHT! What's up with that? Isn't Thanksgiving supposed to be about spending time with your loved ones and being thankful? I hate shopping. I guess that's another UO. I said it. I. Hate. Shopping.
    Amen! 

CafeMom Tickers

imageCafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"