April 2013 Moms
Options

Too tall for the jumper...

Would you still put them in it? 

Connor has been too tall for it for a little bit now, I heard that they aren't supposed to be flat footed, but he is that and then some, even on the tallest setting. He bounces in it still.. but it looks funny. Could he possibly build up his calves too much?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Too tall for the jumper...

• Options
    squatchiebabysquatchiebaby member
    edited November 2013

No advice, but wow, we have the same jumper and are still on the lowest setting. Little Tank must be tall!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How tall is Connor, @ClandestineX? My guy is almost 30" but what saves me with his jumper is that he was SUPER short legs and he wears super fluffy cloth dipes. We are about to raise his jumper up one more notch.
  • Options
    @karenthecroccy - He is 30+inches. He was 30 inches at his 6 month appointment and he has jumped growth curves for height, weight, and head size the last two times he has been to the doctor, I am hopeful he slows down so the clothes I buy don't last all but a month.

• Options
    I would think you'd have to have him in that thing for HOURS a day to "overbuild" calf muscles!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hear ya! We have a doorway evenflo jumper with a very long cord that you adjust to height. That is the only thing left he won't be able to grow out of too fast.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG he is so tall! We are still on the lowest setting!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I wish the frames were strong enough here for a door jumper! I guess I'll take the awkward bouncing until he walks lol.

• Options
    CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited November 2013
    I wouldn't use the jumper anymore. It could be bad for his knees if he comes down on them too hard
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:
    I would think you'd have to have him in that thing for HOURS a day to "overbuild" calf muscles!
    I don't know, I only worked out my muscles for 30 minutes a day and built muscles when I was doing bodyweight exercises. He spends about an hour or 1.5 hours tops in a day. Also some of my cousins where toe walkers from using jumpers.

• Options
    CanukMam said:
    I wouldn't use the jumper anymore. It could be bad for his knees if he comes down on them top hard
    True.. hmm. I wish I had something to contain him that didn't make him feel like a prisoner. The moment I put him in the PnP, even with a lot of toys he will start crying.

• Options
    We had this problem and moved to a doorway jumper. You can literally raise the height setting to the ceiling so his butt will grow out of it before he does by height
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We're almost at this point too. He likes the jumper, but is about to max out height/weight. I'm thinking about a walker, but I really don't want another big item that we won't use for long.
  • Options
    DD is also in the 90th percentile and flat-footed in her Exersaucer. I have noticed that being flat-footed, she loves to move forward and backward to get the Exersaucer rocking. She loves rocking it, but it's not too bad right now. I recently looked and found that the weight limit on our Exersaucer and also on our Jenny Jump-up is 25 lbs. As I really rely upon these items, I plan to use them until she reaches the weight limit which won't be long... or if she starts rocking so much that I feel she may tip over.

• Options
    @clamdestinex not sure if this helps, but we have a Cosco walker from Target and DS still can't reach the floor on the lowest setting. In the jumper you and I both have, he is almost too tall for the lowest setting. That walker or another one might work for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! My mother got me a walker from walmart and he has out grown it since about 5 months. I don't know if I will buy another one, might just limit him to the floor. =( 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"