Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation after mirena

I had my iud out 2 weeks ago and have been taking opk's to figure out my cycle, I had had positives results every one from the day I got it out. Anyone know why that would be, I have never ovulated for that long before

Re: Ovulation after mirena

• That's what I had read too, and it has been
  • I had my iud out 2 weeks ago and have been taking opk's to figure out my cycle, I had had positives results every one from the day I got it out. Anyone know why that would be, I have never ovulated for that long before

I just want to make sure it's clear (it's hard to tell from what you said), but you aren't actually ovulating the entire time you have a positive. Ovulation happens once per cycle, on one day.

Temping would help you narrow down which exact day you ovulated if OPKs aren't telling you much. Check out fertility friend and their charting course.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Loading the player...
  • I've heard of people who hyper ovulate after removal of mirena, has anyone else?
  • I am fairly sure you are reading your OPK's wrong. Other PP gave you good advice.  After my Mirena was removed I ovulated about 2 weeks later and had a "normal" cycle. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• I spoke with my ob after I posted this, and yes I was reading them right, the ones with the lines had 2 dark ones and the other ones had smiley faces, I was alternating to see which I liked better. She informed me that, while not normal, it is possible for my body to just have an excess of hormone. Bc of different medical reasons I had to take the pill on and off the whole time I had the mirena in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"